rude to tablemates?

fritter

I eat so darned fast that I can down 2 entrees before everyone else eats one. I guess that's nothing to brag about :)

Anyhow, do they just let you order extra without a problem? I only did it once and it was on a ship with a lot of seasick people and a very empty dining room.

I eat so darned fast that I can down 2 entrees before everyone else eats one. I guess that's nothing to brag about :)

Anyhow, do they just let you order extra without a problem? I only did it once and it was on a ship with a lot of seasick people and a very empty dining room.

Order two of what you're interested in and they'll bring the second after you finish the first...

I always get two orders of escargot when they're on the menu and that's how they arrive...

:)

Order two of what you're interested in and they'll bring the second after you finish the first...

I always get two orders of escargot when they're on the menu and that's how they arrive...

I think it may depend on your server. Last cruise I got both entrees one night at the same time and one night they came one after the other.

John

While I would sometimes like to order more than one course, entree at dinner I don't want to extend the meal for my tablemates who may be in a hurry to do another activity. Solution?

You are there to enjoy your cruise and all that comes with it. If I was in a hurry and someone was doing that I'd be ok with it. I'd just excuse myself, wish them a good night and go on about my business.

Do what you enjoy!!!

While I would sometimes like to order more than one course, entree at dinner I don't want to extend the meal for my tablemates who may be in a hurry to do another activity. Solution?

Another answer would be, during the initial "get to know you" conversation you can mention that, on some nights you may order more than one entree/salad/whatever, and they should never feel as though they need to wait on you to finish up, leave the table, etc. That way, they know going in and are not sitting there wondering what to do about it should it occur. :)

Another answer would be, during the initial "get to know you" conversation you can mention that, on some nights you may order more than one entree/salad/whatever, and they should never feel as though they need to wait on you to finish up, leave the table, etc. That way, they know going in and are not sitting there wondering what to do about it should it occur. :)

perfect solution; which I have done in the past; and you always can tell a new cruiser as their jaw drops and they say; you mean I can order two lobsters on lobster night:D - and if you do happen to get tablemates that seem offeneded; then you know it is time to switch tables

I'm always the last one to languor at the table over dessert and espresso, anyone who wishes to leave..dosen't bother me

Me, too. It's irrelevant when my tablemates finish....and, most waiters won't "hold" anything unless he suspects you are all traveling together...and then he'll usually ask if you want to wait, etc.

I linger over espresso, the last of the wine and a cheese plate....sometimes have been one of the last to leave. That's why I like the second seating for dinner...no rush.

It's your dinner. Do it to suit yourself. Nothing rude at all.

Mach your making me hungry!...I love the escargot and I order 2 myself....

To the OP If you know you want two starters or entree's, do so at the begining or let the Waiter/ Waitress know as soon as you want more or something different.. and ask him not to hold the next course

I dont think anybody minds if you order more courses i know every time i have nobody cared and it did not seem to slow the procces down at all I have also seen several others order more and it has not slowed the service down at all....

I agree with just letting your tablemates know that they don't have to wait for you. I think that telling them that is a very respectable thing to do. I've also heard that you can request your 2 appetizers to be put on one plate. I don't think that would work quite as well with dinner (depending on what is being served).

We've had nights where we linger and other nights when we wanted to make a show and asked the waiter to try to help us make sure we didn't miss the show. Our table mates never minded because we were upfront with them.

Here's hoping to you hitting it off with your tablemates and enjoying that extended time getting to know each other!!! (That's what I'm hoping for on my upcoming cruise!)

perfect solution; which I have done in the past; and you always can tell a new cruiser as their jaw drops and they say; you mean I can order two lobsters on lobster night:D - and if you do happen to get tablemates that seem offeneded; then you know it is time to switch tables

Ummm, if someone was offended that I ordered two of the same item....THEY can leave the table.:) Just sayin'.

I've never had a waiter hold service until everyone has finished each course. But if you feel that is happening, tell the waiter to please NOT hold service for your table mates.

Eat faster! I had (at least) two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts every dinner, and I was never the last one done. By day three, our waiter was pretty clear on what I wanted... Anything with meat or chocolate. If they had a chocolate covered steak, I would've been in trouble!

FrayedEnd, yes, you can order as many extras as you'd like. They won't bat an eye over it. I just about tried the "one of each" approach some nights. Also, if you don't like something (not cooked right or just not to your tastes), don't hesitate to send it back. They will trip over themselves getting you something else.

Mmmmm, I love the crab cakes... going to order two of those! Last cruise (our first) I had read that you could order more than one thing, but felt like a complete hog, so never did! This time, gonna get a couple of those crab cakes!

Dee :)

Are you friends with these tablemates? I would hazard a guess that your waitstaff would treat you as individuals ( couples grouped together who have no relationship) so as not to deter their evening... or they should be able to speak for themselves.

You're sharing a table...you're not family at a wedding reception.

I've been on a bunch of cruises. I've been at tables of four to tables of eight. I don't think at any time has there ever been a problem with anyone ordering, waiting for or eating extra stuff. If someone has something to do and can't hang out--no foul! It's your cruise-- do what you will and have fun!! Maybe I've been lucky; but on lobster night---everyone's a gluuuuuuton!!:D. Happy cruisin'-- Bill.

On our second cruise we were the youngest couple at our table and i had informed our waiter prior to our first supper that i would like

2 entrees of what ever i ordered.

On the 4th night out ,we had a different waiter for some reason. i had to inform him at the table to bring my second entree.

The other passengers were in shock none of them knew that you could order more food at any time and they thought that i was someone special to the cruise lines. LOL:eek:

On lobster night I asked our head waiter how big is the lobster tail? He replied oh it's kinf of small you better get two. And he brought both at the same time, so I guess it depends?

I can eat like a sumo wrestler...but I also eat fast. I wouldn't be offended if anyone wanted to leave before I was done...as long as they didn't take my food, then I am afraid we would have to throw down an exhibition match - winner gets all the food next meal. :)

Ummm, if someone was offended that I ordered two of the same item....THEY can leave the table.:) Just sayin'.

LOL true.... ;)

perhaps I should have been more clear; if I sensed that the tablemates were not open to a long leisurely dinner and felt bad vibes coming from them, I would request another table to have a more enjoyable cruise...

Archived