First 14-Day Cruise...a Couple of Questions

custompcsys

I'll be on the Grand for a 14-day Med cruise out of Southampton departing June 27. To date, my longest cruise has been 10 days, so this is new territory! I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm assuming there will be 3 formal nights rather than 2.

2) Do the longer itineraries tend to me more dressy on formal nights (more

guys in tuxes, etc)?

3) Do they add another production show or just bring on other types of

entertainers?

Any other tips on things I haven't thought of would be most welcome. Thanks! :)

I'll be on the Grand for a 14-day Med cruise out of Southampton departing June 27. To date, my longest cruise has been 10 days, so this is new territory! I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm assuming there will be 3 formal nights rather than 2. right - 3

2) Do the longer itineraries tend to me more dressy on formal nights (more

guys in tuxes, etc)? - no - same as shorter cruises

3) Do they add another production show or just bring on other types of

entertainers? will often repeat all of the shows so you have more of a chance to see them - don't remember how many; but they always tell you the last time a show is playing or if it's a one only.

Any other tips on things I haven't thought of would be most welcome. Usually the longer the cruise the older the crowd... but that varies too - depending on the time of year.

Remember, there are washers and dryers on the ship -- so you don't necessarily have to pack more.

Thanks! :)

Answers above...

Experienced my first 14 day cruise last summer, the time went really quick!

I agree, don't overpack and use the self serve laundry or ships laundry/dry cleaning service.

We only dressed for two of the three formal nights, helped save on luggage weight and space. Used the space bags and were able to pack more in less space, they were great! They doubled as laundry bags since they give you very small paper bags in the cabins, that is if you are using the self serve laundry.

Have a great time!

Here's a suggestion:

If you are planning to try to pack light and do laundry while onboard, you might want to pack one of those mesh folding clothes hampers. They don't take up take up packing space because they fold (actually twist) flat. I always take one, even for shorter cruises. Because it willl fit in a corner of the closet and gives me a place to put used clothes where they will get air circulation,they do not get stale smelling as they would if put in plastic bags or a closed suitcase. If you do want to do laundry, the hamper has handles, making it easier to tote it to the laundromat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived