Lost Crown and Anchor Cruise Credits

Yeah, I've got to say... I've only had good experiences with the responsiveness and helpfulness of the C&A personnel, but whoever does the IT for RCCI deserves to be replaced. I've worked on many projects building systems that would be functionally similar to the C&A status / cruise record system (and more than a few that are much more complicated) and I have to say... I've never had a client who would have been willing to accept the kind and frequency of data corruption that really seems commonplace with RCCI's system. (The same is true of other RCCI-related IT projects, like their cruise booking website.)

I've never talked to anyone who worked for or applied to work for RCCI in that capacity, so I can't fairly say whether they're just not willing to pay for enough people or enough good people, or if they just don't have enough expertise to know how to hire the right people and manage projects of this kind (and, to be fair, a lot of companies whose primary business isn't in technology don't), but it's a little painful to see.

Jean,

Hey, Lucky You!

But it is just another example of RCI not having a handle on one of their most important corporate issues, maintaining customer loyalty.

It is really a poor reflection on how the company is run when they cannot get their computer system to provide accurate information.

Someone's head should roll for having so many problems with this over such a long period of time.

i wonder who is supposed to be responsible for the Crown and Anchor program?

Does anyone know?

Rachel Hancock

I have no prior cruises according to the RCCL website. I did before I sailed March 7th. I called C & A and they have it correct and said to wait a week to see if it comes back. The couple we travelled with just bumped up to platinum and there's is correct. Wonder what is going on.

It amazes me that they can't get it right.

Delta airlines has to deal with keeping records on a "zillion" miles and hundreds of thousands of mile for some individual customers.

They (Delta) have never not kept proper track of my miles and I'm talking over 30 years.

Yet RCI cannot get their system to keep track of a modest number of credits.

This is the 3rd or 4th time now over the past 5 years or so I have had to try and get a correction and I'm getting tired of it.

It takes all of the fun out of the program when you have to keep after them.

It's funny that they can't keep C&A cruise credits correct, but when it came to adding a fuel surcharge to cruise reservations they had no trouble at all!

I keep a copy of all of my booking invoices in a file, just in case the cruise credits go poof!

It would be upsetting to me if Royal Caribbean were to change my cruise history from 54 cruises back to 30. Question, when did you first start cruising with Royal Caribbean??

If it was before 2003, you would have to have some sort of proof of your cruise. If it's 2003 and later, it seems that they have everything on computer, including not just the number of cruise credits, but a list of all of your cruises..........kept separately.

With 54 cruise credits, you would have received 3 crystal cruise blocks, one at 30 credits (cruise block with the ship that you cruised on etched in the block), one at 40, and one at 50.

Also, as Jean was mentioning, starting at 50 cruise credits, you would start being asked about a 2nd amenity for the last 4 cruises.

Also, with 54 cruise credits, you are getting dangerously close to, when the ship is not full, being given a D+ upgrade to a better cabin class.

I would.......if I were you, start digging up anything that you can to prove that you do have 54 cruise credits.........instead of the 30 that they claim. Good luck in your endeavor.

Rick

I also noticed my C&A cruise credits was wrong online. I sent them an email and they did correct it to the right amount. In the mean time, I've made a list of all my past cruises and credits just in case it ever happens again. Good luck!

On the other side of the coin, I have only been on 2 cruises so I have 4 credits (suites). I got a letter a couple of weeks ago congratulating me on earning Platinum status (the one with 5 credits - I think that is platinum).

Would someone mind clarifying this for me? Jean seems to have four cruise credits, yet she says she has earned Platinum status, which means FIVE complete.

I've done four RCI cruises and as far as I know I'm still gold until after my next cruise. Isn't that correct? Thanks all.

AmyBeth4,

I think that was an illustration of how messed up the system is.

The system gave her Platinum status even though she only actually had 4 cruise credits.

They gave her an extra one for a cruise she never took to make the 5 needed for Platinum.

I lost 24 cruise credits in the system and have no hope of getting them all back.

The real joke is that I now have a cruise credit on my list from November 5, 1970 when I was in HIGH SCHOOL.! I had never even taken my first RCL cruise until 2001.

What is the matter with these people?

AmyBeth4,

I think that was an illustration of how messed up the system is.

The system gave her Platinum status even though she only actually had 4 cruise credits.

They gave her an extra one for a cruise she never took to make the 5 needed for Platinum.

I lost 24 cruise credits in the system and have no hope of getting them all back.

The real joke is that I now have a cruise credit on my list from November 5, 1970 when I was in HIGH SCHOOL.! I had never even taken my first RCL cruise until 2001.

What is the matter with these people?

WOW. This is crazy. I better make a copy of the page on their website that shows your cruise history. God knows I'll never come close to hitting 50, but at the very least I'd like to get out of Gold. :)

I have had many problems with RCCL and cruise credits. All of mine disappeared (not a lot of cruises) and they told me that it was up to me to prove that I was on the cruises that I said I was on. I guess I agree with other posters, I have thousands of airline miles and they have always been accurate, how can a simple 6 cruises disappear? Over the years they have also given me new addresses and one year I booked a cruise with two other couples and they gave all my cruise credits to one of the couples and showed us in their system as new cruisers. And yes, this was after I had to send them pictures and faxes with proof that I was on the ships that I said I was on. And - I could only provide proof of 5 cruises ( I could not find my card from one of the cruise, had not purchased a ship's photo and no receipts since it was about 10 years prior).....so, they only gave me 5 of my 6 cruise credits.

And - I just went through this again with Celebrity - I was not credited with my 14 day cruise from last year.

Frustrating and there has to be a better way!

I guess I agree with other posters, I have thousands of airline miles and they have always been accurate, how can a simple 6 cruises disappear?

I'm not sure why, but RCCL's IT is just not very good and seems to routinely lose data that wouldn't be accepted by any other business. I guess we should be happy they're spending the money on the ships instead, but having a setup that constantly loses information can't be helpful in terms of business planning and strategy -- keep in mind that you want the cruise history to not disappear because you want your C&A credits, but RCCI wants it to not disappear because it's a useful tool in figuring out what products to offer and how to market them.

I agree with you ....there is also a loyalty issue. Their campaign is "Are you Loyal to Royal?"....it makes it very difficult to be loyal if they place the responsibilty on the consumer/customer after they repeatedly lose your credits. To me, they are saying they really don't care and as the customer, I really don't feel the need to be loyal to them if they are not loyal to me. It was not easy going back and finding the proof I needed and then to fax it all in...then to wait to see if it was sufficient information to reinstate my points. On top of it, I lost a cruise because I could not provide backup to information they already had and lost. They placed the burden of proof on me - when it was obvious that something had happened with their system.

One of the earlier posters is lucky - they got an extra cruise credit and earned status - I just wonder who is missing theirs.

I have two seperate cruise credits with the Date Of Departuredate of "05-Nov-1970", which is two years before I was born! :eek: I assume it is their way for crediting my trip on celebrity. Not sure what the other credit was for. :confused: Everything else seems to be correct however.

It's a long shot, but has the OP's name or address or anything like that changed recently? I had some missing cruise credits and they told me that it was because one of my bookings was under my first and last name, and the missing booking was under first, last... and middle initial. Darn 'C'. Anyway, it seems like they have a really sensitive filing system, so I guess it could be possible that some of your credits are for some reason being housed under a different variation of your name or info.

After our January 2009 cruise we made Diamond and had 10 credits. It stayed this way until Tuesday --- we both now have 9 credit but are still Diamond (hopefully :-). My record of completed cruises is correct but my wife's shows a cruise in October that she never took.

I was told by someone at C&A that their internal system is correct and up to date but that the web system is frequently wrong for some reason -- so they seem to be aware of it, it apparenty just isn't a high priority. Late last year it looked like they had it straightened out but that appears to have been short lived. Well, at least we didn't lose 30 credits --- we'd have to cruise for 10 years to get back to zero :-)

Just went in to see if I am updated to Diamond after my last cruise (which would be 10 credits.) The following is what the system is showing:

Level: Diamond :)

Completed Cruise Credits: 20 :D

I am afraid to call them and see about correcting the number. They may take all my credits away. :rolleyes:

Archived