Cruise Lines getting plugged by local news stations

LADYBUG34113

Our local news had a segment pushing the low rates on cruises. I contacted my PVP and she said they were soooooooo busy. Has anyone else had the cruise lines on their local news?

Yepper, out of the Orlando market. I think there is a piece on cruises tomorow night too.

Yep, we had a long article in our local paper here (Detroit News & Free Press) a couple of weeks ago talking about how now is the time to book a cruise because of the low fares. I guess reading it worked for me...I booked a cruise that day! :D

San Diego has Billboard signs all over the place with Carnival on it that say Pack your bags bla bla bla and with the Funnel on the right side of the sign.

Fred

The billboard that I pass everyday says "All those tired of wearing pants say 'Aye'" - which is a pretty scary thought - I'm picturing a Carnival Cruise with everyone walking around in their T-shirts and underwear!!! I DEFINITELY don't want to be on that cruise!!! :eek:

Ashley :)

Dollar for dollar........cruising is IMHO one of the best buys for all-inclusive and exciting vacations.

Combined with existing discount pricing of airlines.......Carnival will make out very well in the tough economy. Think I'll buy some stock.....they're in good financial shape, as others falter.

Freedom and Dream, we'll be with you soon !

Our local news had a segment pushing the low rates on cruises. I contacted my PVP and she said they were soooooooo busy. Has anyone else had the cruise lines on their local news?

I have read a few articles in our local Tampa newspaper about the cruises. When I tried to call Carnival a couple of weeks ago the lines were all busy "high call volume" and the cruise we booked is all out of the cheaper inside lower fares so I guess they are doing well.

The billboard that I pass everyday says "All those tired of wearing pants say 'Aye'" - which is a pretty scary thought - I'm picturing a Carnival Cruise with everyone walking around in their T-shirts and underwear!!! I DEFINITELY don't want to be on that cruise!!! :eek:

There have been several cruises with people wearing less than that!;)

I don't know about "local" stations, but I see CNBC pushing a program about the cruise industry this evening.

Its called "Cruising, Inc." and I think the times are 9:00pm Eastern and 10:00pm Pacific. Based on the basic format of CNBC, its probably about the monetary end of the cruise industry. Will be interesting to me. :)

San Diego has Billboard signs all over the place with Carnival on it that say Pack your bags bla bla bla and with the Funnel on the right side of the sign.

Fred

We've got those all over Houston as well, pushing the Galveston sailings. I like seeing them on my way home as it reminds me of my upcoming cruises.

Just noted that CCL declared 1st Quarter profits this afternoon.....$ .33 per share vs. analyst estimate of $ .19......good, solid company.

Wish I'd bought at $ 16.00/share ! Currently $ 23 +.

It was at $14.85 back in October. I was so tempted to buy it, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it now.

I just hope they put towels on the chairs before they sit down. Cuz ya know some people don't wear underpants :eek:

Archived