Princess Cays fixed yet?? Then, by Jan 9th on the STAR??

VKMcCarty

Since Princess is owned by Carnival Corp., and they have private islands for HAL and Carnival, why isn't Princess using one of the other corprate owned islands? I'm on the Dawn sailing 1/19/05. My cruise still shows Princess Cay but I'm not holding my breath.

Susie

Carnival doesn't have a private island.

Scott

We're on the Star on 1/2 also and our schedule now shows majahual instead of PC. That's fine with me, although I don't know much about that stop so I'd better start looking in to what to do while we're there! We fly out in 16 days...just around the corner!

We sailed the CB in November and stopped at San Juan. The ship docks at about 4:00 p.m., just in time for most major attractions to close, about an hour before sunset, and smack in the midst of horrendous rush-hour traffic. You'll be within walking distance of Old San Juan, but I don't recommend going anywhere alone after dark. Most stores stay open until 7:00 or 8:00 when there's a ship in port; but the shopping is nothing like St. Maarten. My advice is to book the spa (cheaper on port days), and not even bother leaving the ship (unless you're a Senor Frog's fan - there's one in town). You'll like the CB. Have a great cruise!

Al

Maybe you get to be the first there? I was kind of surprized to see my itinerary on the princess home page when I saw San Juan, but oh well a new place to visit and I hear the fort is open till 5 or 6 for visitors.

Gary

From the end of November through May - they are keeping El Morro fort open until 6 due to high cruise ship season. I took a taxi to the fort and then walked back. We docked at 3 pm (instead of 4) due to a medical emergency.

I spoke to 2 different workers at El Morro who confirmed the change in times.

We're on Star Princess 1/23/05. Princess changed our itinerary yesterday and we'll have a day at sea instead of stopping at Princess Cays. We were supposed to be there on 1/29. Funny, they changed the itinerary on our cruise personalizer but haven't changed it yet on their website. :confused:

I'm on the Dawn 1/9/05. Looks like our stop at PC for 1/10 has been replaced with a day at sea. Does anyone know if we can expect some sort of shipboard credit?

I called Princess and we do not get anything...they said it's in the contract that they can cancel...whatever...I think $100 pp would be nice!

I think the only passengers getting a cruise credit are those on the Dawn Princess. Mainly because they aren't just missing Princess Cays but have most of their ports either shortened or changed because of the new engine having to be broken in.
The cruise contract (small print of coarse) always says that they can change or skip a port entirely without having to compensate passengers. :(

[quote name='zebra']Oh well....I see they updated our Cruise Personalizer last night - no Princess Cays for us this time round!!!! Glad to see that we get a sea day instead and are not going to Nassau - just my opinion![/QUOTE]Like you our January 8 sailing on Sun Princess won't be calling on Princess Cay. We have an extra sea day and again like you, we won't miss Nassau.

Bob Hersey

On the Dawn princess 9 Jan 05. Just received this from my TA :

"Due to extensive damage at Princess Cays caused by hurricane Frances and Jeanne the port call to Princess Cays has been cancelled. In addition, due to operational requirements, port times have been modified as follows:

St Maarten: 7:00am - 3:30pm was (7:00am to 5:00pm)
Ocho Rios 12:00pm - 5:00pm was (12:00am to 6:00pm)
Grand Cayman 08:00am -3:00pm was (8:00am to 4;00pm)
Cozumel 9:00am - 6:00pm was (8:00am to 6:00pm)

Please note that a USD $15.00 per person government fees and taxes refund will be applied as a credit to your shipboard account. "

What's the chances of complaining and getting any compensation ?

Even if El Morro is open, you'll be arriving at the height of rush hour traffic, and probably won't have more than an hour (if that) to see it. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort to get there for such a short period of time ... but that's just me.

Al

My wife and I are sailing on the Dawn Dec. 30 and yes, the itinerary has been dramatically altered. Princess Cays is understandable; hurricane damage was substantial. But after a number of phone calls, Princess is mysteriously silent about why they dropped Margarita Island and reduced Curacao and Dominica to half-days. Hope they're not trying to hide anything. Result is we're at sea for nearly 6 days of a 10-day trip! $100 hardly seems an adequate apology.

Archived