Princess Cays fixed yet?? Then, by Jan 9th on the STAR??

VKMcCarty

i see that you are from oscoda,mi - we are from midland!! how funny is that. this is our 8th cruise - first on princess. i've been reading this board for months. we have an aft balcony cabin - our first ever, sooooo looking forward to this especially with all the cold wintery whether we've already been having.

[quote name='bobbetty']Hi Cruise personalizer today Star 1/16 cruise Majahaul on 1/18 no Princees Cays on 1/17. Star 1/23 cruise no Princess cays on 1/29 another Sea Day.[/QUOTE]
Was looking for Magahaul on the port of calls as I've not heard of it. I will be with you on the Star 1/16 Star cruise with you bobbetty. What does anyone know about this port?

What fun!

So many of us are from Michigan!

I'm from East Lansing. Was just there (I've been living in Manhattan for 30 year) for a Thanksgiving family reunion.

And altho it was hard driving during the storm on the Wednesday, my nieces and nephews from Pheonix and Sacramento had never seen snow!

What a kick! ! They would dress up like snowmen, go out, play till they got wet, then come in--and go out and do it again. It was such fun to watch.

And we were shown a newspaper with this extraordinary AURORA BOREALIS that had glistened in the skies several nights before that??

Would that we would see something like that fabulous in the Caribbean.

I remember one time on a Sven Linblad ship in Alaska (only 70 passengers), they quietly started announcing over the PA that we should come out onto the deck because of the aurora boealis.

That was so splendid -- I guess that's the adventage of the really small boats, and we all had to have up-to-the-knee rubber boots for making "wet landings" from our zodiac onto deserted islands. Those were our excursions.

I loved it, but as soon as that relationship broke up, the very next summer I went to Alaska with Princess and got jacuzzis and elevators and cocktails and Vegas shows and cruise food. No bears, though.:rolleyes:

I can't wait! VK.

Hey, here's a fun treat:

I just learned about a local compnay there in Tortola who will book a nice arrangement to the Virgin Baths. Here's their web-site: [url="http://www.islandsonline.com/smithsferry"]www.islandsonline.com/smithsferry[/url]

You can book them online or by e-mailing them
at: [email="magicplace@hotmail.com"]magicplace@hotmail.com[/email]

They say that $35 gets you transportation from the ship to the ferry, and from the ferry to Virgin Gorda, and the transfer to the Baths, a short tour of the island, and then a ride to a local hotel on the beach for a spiffy luncheon, then all the transporatation back to the ship. There was even mention of a little rum punch. The nice lady fixing up the reservations is Marj.

Can't decide whether to do this or swim with dolphins.
God is good.
VK.

Hi VK,

Yes God is good all of the time! The website info looks good - we are also not too sure which excursion we want to do. I'm a little nervous of the Baths after a few reviews of people getting cut and scratched up on the rocks - this maybe a little more "wild" than I expected.
Two and a half weeks to go!!!!!!
Jackie

[quote name='jewopaho']Even if El Morro is open, you'll be arriving at the height of rush hour traffic, and probably won't have more than an hour (if that) to see it. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort to get there for such a short period of time ... but that's just me.Al[/QUOTE]

El Morro is open until 6 pm. It is a 5-7 minute taxi ride to El Morro and I had plenty of time to explore the fort for my evening visit. I highly recommend this.

We did dock early and I was off the ship at 3:30 instead of 4. The rush hour traffic came right at 5 pm which happened to be the time I was leaving El Morro.

[quote name='seamare']i see that you are from oscoda,mi - we are from midland!! how funny is that. this is our 8th cruise - first on princess. i've been reading this board for months. we have an aft balcony cabin - our first ever, sooooo looking forward to this especially with all the cold wintery whether we've already been having.[/QUOTE]

Another Michigander...We are from Alpena. Which ship are you cruising on and when? We're booked on the Star for 1/23.

HI VK MCCARTY!! I read in one of your threads you were from E.Lansing, Michigan. Years ago my folks and I were vacationing in Fl. and met the neatest family from there. We stayed in touch through my college years, but lost contact. Do you by chance know anyone by the name of Jimmy Edwards from Lansing. He was the son and would be around 62 years of age. His Dad, I believe either managed or owned a car dealership there. Anyway, Jimmy sent me a picture of him in a red corvette. If you know anything about this family, I would love to get back in touch with him/them. You can em me at [email]bruphillips@yahoo.com[/email] if you care to. Thank you soooo much. Barbara Phillips

Some sailings (fleetwide) were/are calling at Nassau instead of Princess Cay. Depending how many other ships are already scheduled to be in Nassau determines if they call there or not. We are on the "Dawn" 1/9/05, our tickets show an additional sea day (I guess Nassau is "filled" that day)

[quote name='jercal10']How do we get Carnival corporate to suggest thast they substitute Half Moon Cay(HAL) which they also own ..WE don't need another stop in Nassau![/QUOTE]

But what would they do if an HAL ship was already there?

Maybe they should do something like RCI did and own an island and a private peninsula on another island (nevermind that last I heard RCI can't use Labadee due to unrest in the area).

Hi Marco,

We are Jean and Ian from UK. (Horizon Jan 2004) Do you remember us?
How are you?

We are on the Dawn on 19th Jan with Helen and Matt. Princess Cays cancelled, Nassau but only until from 7am until 1130am.

We are also on the Sun on 7th Feb and up to now it's still Princess Cays on 16th Feb. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Hey All those of you who will be on the Feb 6 Star Princess. I really hope we get to go to Princess Cays. We specifically picked this over the Caribbean Princess because it had one more port....3 days at sea is too many for me!! And I love private island days.
My sister is going to be with me, and surprise, she's from Michigan!!! Actually I am too, just not for a long time.
We should all meet on deck on embarkation day
Joyce

Hello 103brandy: Yes, of course I remember you!!!! We're looking forward to the cruise. Would have preferred a later sailing, but for "the group" this worked best. Also, we're doing a a week in Cairo and a week down the Nile in late Feb, so a bit of a space inbetween works out nicely. We were in London 2nd week of Nov. (Thank you Virgin Atlantic: 7 days/return air/hotel/breakfasts/minimal sightseeing $389!!!!!!!! Haven't been for several years. Had a GREAT time. We love London! So much to see, so easy to navigate. Spent 1 day with friends who live in Luton, as well. Are you coming for your cruise early? Staying in Fla? Touring? Doing b2b cruises? Will this be your first Princess? Some aspects we prefer "X", some, "Princess" but ya' know what? In January, ANY ship in the Caribbean will do just fine!!!!
(Oops, just went back and reread your post...you are doing b2b...sort of...)

Hey ya'll! I was very much looking forward to Princess Cays myself, but another time I guess. I'm interested in the Mayan Ruins as wel, so perhaps Costa Maya isn't a complete loss.

Pine view, We'll be on the Star the same week!

VK - I'm from Sacramento. Whereabouts do your niece and nephew live?

16 days!!!!!!!!

Marco,
Hi, glad you enjoyed London. We travel Virgin Atlantic too.
We are over there for 6 weeks. Touring between and after cruises.
This is our first time with Princess. Looking forward to it.
Going on the Galaxy from Rome in September.
Have a great cruise and Happy New Year. :)

Archived