What happens to your res. if you don't make final payment by the date indicated?

Like the poster above said they will send you reminders but after a few weeks RCI will cancel the space. I'm a TA and I have seen this happen to a TA in the office. She was a new agent forgot to call in payment, res was cancelled after 3 weeks. Took lots lots of begging and crying and we got it back.

Maybe they send you a reminder AFTER the final payment date, but I've never received a reminder BEFORE the final payment date other than the initial confirmation of reservation which lists the final payment date. I always write it on my calendar for 2 weeks before it's due to make sure I don't forget to take care of it.

I got a reminder e-mail last week that my final payment is due on April 19th. I was surprised to get a reminder a month ahead of time. It also said I could log on now and reserve my shore excursions. I wonder if they'll send another when it gets closer to my final payment date? I don't plan to forget to pay it. lol I can't wait for my Med. cruise this summer.

Friends of theirs due to no fault of theirs, told their TA to make final payment, 4 months before sailing, after learning it never had been made, their Reserv was cancelled, but thanks to RCL, their room ws not sold and their TA had to make good the Deposit and final payment. Needless to say that TA was dropped and they now have a really good one. They would have known sooner but that TA had changed Phone Companies & #'s so nobody could get ahold of them. If using a TA make sure you receive a statement from them and check your Credit Card. Our TA sends me a statement within 5 days of a payment

Friends of theirs due to no fault of theirs, told their TA to make final payment, 4 months before sailing, after learning it never had been made, their Reserv was cancelled, but thanks to RCL, their room ws not sold and their TA had to make good the Deposit and final payment. Needless to say that TA was dropped and they now have a really good one. They would have known sooner but that TA had changed Phone Companies & #'s so nobody could get ahold of them. If using a TA make sure you receive a statement from them and check your Credit Card. Our TA sends me a statement within 5 days of a payment

We you say 'statement', are you referring to a receipt of payment from RC? When we gave our down payment, shortly after we received an email (I believe from RC) indicating receipt of our down payment. Or are you referring to something else?

The only reason I ask is because we are using a TA and want to make sure we're doing everything we should. Thanks!

On every booking a TA will receive from RCCL a client statement, showing the deposit and amount due. When the final payment is made, RCCL will send the TA a client statement showing that nothing more is owed. The TA should forward that statement to their client.

Any TA that does not send RCCL's statement to thier client......find a new TA.

Rick

Hi Scuba, I was referring to a receipt of the payment. Our TA or office always mails out a receipt showing any payment you made and balance if any. I have always received this statement from them, within 5 days of payment. She does this for all your payments so we can keep track of our balance. She as well, alerts me to any specials on a regular basis via Email. I might add, that are charges show the Cruise price all taxes/Govt fees & insurance etc. I have never seen in addition to them, a Commission Fee. She has provided in our room usually a bottle of wine as a Bon Voyage.

Archived