Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

You want to use the lounge you will have to book a GS or higher, This is the best thing that RCL did as the lounges are to busy with non-suite guys.

I don't really think this is the point.

The point is that RCI had provided a happy hour and conceirge for Diamond members as a benefit based on cruise credits. Rather than adjusting for the over crowding RCI created with lounges that are to small by expanding the lounges on affected ships, they just did away with the benefit all together.

It's obvious that they knew how to open overflow lounges to accomadate the over crowding issue. It's obvious that on the new ships, they know how to open up a special area for Diamond members. It's also obvious that they'd just as soon cut their own throat as to dedicate one of the little used area's for Diamond members on ships older and the newer classes of ships.

On Voyager and Radiance class ships, there are lounges up by the Viking crown that are rarely used. Why not convert those lounges?

I'll have to conceed that the older class ships like Vision and Soveriegn they'd have a larger problem but, they're was never an issue on those ships as it was accepted they were old enough to be exluded. Even suite guests have had to accept that fact of sailing with RCI.

There were other option than to just get rid of the benefit. RCI has choosen to go with what I believe is the lowest cost option. That is to cut this benefit for those that earned it playing by their rules. At any rate, it leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

I am a recent diamond member. Not sure what that even means anymore. I have read many, many posts. I have heard many sides to an issue that seems like RC is just a bunch of greedy so and so's to me. I was led to believe that I was valued as a repeat customer and now I feel I am not. I just cancelled two upcoming cruises that I paid the deposit on and now I will either try to do something different with my vacation or save the money. Either way, I am just too disappointed and saddened by the actions of RCI to sail with them again. At least for now. I don't like the big mega-ships. (tried them once) So that is that. This will be my last post for a while as it is just too depressing to read this thread any longer. Royal Caribbean just doesn't give a damn and now neither do I.

Peter

They may listen if the customers complain and the company suffers from lost $$$$.

If you think there won't be plenty of other diamond members on board talking about the changes, you are being naive. :rolleyes:

...well hopefully members will put a message on the bulletin board so that all disgruntled guests can meet in one certain area away from the other folks who are there to enjoy their cruise! Can't imagine anyone who is so upset with what happened with the C&A policies would still go forward with their cruise or better yet, book a cruise just to go and complain about it!!!:rolleyes:

Of course they are following this thread...do they care that so many people are angry.....doubt it or they wouldn't have made such a poor marketing decision especially at a time when many are cutting back on expenses and vacations are expensive.

It's obvious they looked at Carnival and decided that with their young, party hardy, drinking crowd they could increase their appeal by emulating

them.

"Emulating them"? How does RCCL "emulate" anything Carnival has to offer??? A water slide, putt putt and a big screen by the pool??? Hmmm!!!

With rock climbing walls, in-line skating, and now zip line rides of all things, they are trying to lure a whole new group of passengers. All this is begining to remind me of an amusment park:eek: and frankly, if I wanted that type of circus atmosphere I would just go to one of them instead of taking a cruise that costs significantly more.

"But ya did Blanche! Ya did want that type of atmosphere!!!" If you didn't, you would have never booked with RCCL!!!!

If I were the type of cruiser that spent many thousands of dollars for some of the suites they offer, I would prefer to cruise on one of the luxury lines that offer more personalized service, superior food, and more interesting itineraries.

I hope no one twisted your arm to book with RCCL are these years. You had a choice! So now it's also RCCL's fault that you had to chose and pay for a lower class type of cruise all these years?

:) Luxury cruising would also offer a cruise without a lot of rowdy boozing adults who refuse to contain their screaming and obnoxious children.:(

Many different types of people are on cruise, some with kids some without. They've worked hard to earn this vacation and you have the nerve to complain about certain actions on a ship??? Ma'am, I suggest book only balcony staterooms, get a good book and stay in your cabin for the entirety of the cruise. This way YOUR vacation won't be so miserable.

So, now that they've eliminated so many things we long time RCCL cruises have come to expect in addition to the loss of the so called loyalty perks, combined with the fact they they hardly offer the best deals, it will remain to be seen if their decision pays off or they will suffer the consequences of passenger defections.

If it means not having to have to travel with others such as yourself during the week, I hope it DOES pay off for them! In the meantime, Cunard and Silverseas have some great rates at this time, go check them out! I'm sure I and others certainly won't miss you on future RCCL cruises!

Peace and BON VOYAGE!

I am a recent diamond member. Not sure what that even means anymore. I have read many, many posts. I have heard many sides to an issue that seems like RC is just a bunch of greedy so and so's to me. I was led to believe that I was valued as a repeat customer and now I feel I am not. I just cancelled two upcoming cruises that I paid the deposit on and now I will either try to do something different with my vacation or save the money. Either way, I am just too disappointed and saddened by the actions of RCI to sail with them again. At least for now. I don't like the big mega-ships. (tried them once) So that is that. This will be my last post for a while as it is just too depressing to read this thread any longer. Royal Caribbean just doesn't give a damn and now neither do I.

Peter

Ahh, Peter, that's too bad. We have lost access and we are very disappointed as well. Cruises aren't really something you can just decide to do on a whim...at least from the West Coast. There is airfare and vacation time and budget planning involved as well. We don't like the mega ships either. And we certainly wouldn't fly all the way to the other coast to sail on one for 7 days. (although we have) We finally get ships on the left coast that have concierge lounges, and we can't use them. It is really rotten thing to do to us loyal cruisers. I do hope that cancellations such as yours, will cause them to reconsider or modify their decision.

No, bhughey; the C.L. is NOT available to DIAMOND members on ANY class ships. There will be a seperate DIAMOND LOUNGE, and it looks like it will only be available from 5:00 to 8:30.

No Concierge service

No Breakfast/Coffee service

No Ice Tickets

No Priority Tenders

No Priority (all the other amenities we USED TO GET)

Darrel/Donna: I think you have interpreted the information in the email incorectly. I have already posted this once, and I will do it again.

Thanks for your concern, Celia, but I DID NOT interpret anything incorrectly. I think YOU need to read the email that you posted again. It clearly states that the Diamond members will have a "dedicated Diamond Lounge" on the Freedom & Oasis...... Don't you see that there is NO CONCIERGE LOUNGE even on the Freedom or Oasis for Diamond members????

There is a "dedicated" Diamond Lounge on all Freedom class and all Oasis/Allure ships that will be open for Diamond Members to use as "their" lounge, just like the CL for Suite and D+. It is actually a nicer lounge since it is located on Deck 14 and has a beautiful view. The email states that it "will feature" hours of operation for hosted cocktails from 5:00 to 8:30 PM. This does not mean that it will ONLY be open those hours. It does have breakfast items and coffee machines!

The email DOES NOT say "just like the CL". I have been to the Diamond Overflow Lounges on the ships --- They are open from 5:00 to 8:30 for the cocktail hour - - - the email says NOTHING about the other Concierge services - You have ASSUMED that.

The only time you won't have the use of the CL will be on ships other than Freedom or Oasis/Allure.

This is totally wrong - you will NOT have use of the CL on ANY SHIP unless you are booked in a suite.

Hope This Helps.

...well hopefully members will put a message on the bulletin board so that all disgruntled guests can meet in one certain area away from the other folks who are there to enjoy their cruise! Can't imagine anyone who is so upset with what happened with the C&A policies would still go forward with their cruise or better yet, book a cruise just to go and complain about it!!!:rolleyes:

We did not get the option to cancel. Leaving tomorrow on LOS. I am sure there will be conversations regarding the demotion to diamonique. Now when it comes to our Cruise on the Mariner in Sep. we will evaluate this on board and try to redo our vacation that is built around the cruise. Too bad we finally got a ship on the west coast with a CL lounge. Bev

texlatin1 you haven't said or I have missed it what dept. do you work in for RCL:D

We did not get the option to cancel. Leaving tomorrow on LOS. I am sure there will be conversations regarding the demotion to diamonique. Now when it comes to our Cruise on the Mariner in Sep. we will evaluate this on board and try to redo our vacation that is built around the cruise. Too bad we finally got a ship on the west coast with a CL lounge. Bev

Twirlgirl, I certainly hope that for what it's worth, your vacation this week will be a memorable and more importantly, an enjoyable one! I know many people have their own opinions and I understand they're upset, cool! However, don't let this issue be one to be the main purpose of your entire cruise. Let loose for the week, ascertain all the differences that are being offered now with the C&A program and then make your decisions based on what you experienced during the week. If it was in fact a flop, then of course you (as I would too) should go with another line or land based vacation in the future. I go on my first Alaska cruise in May, I will also, I'm sure, be seeing the changes with the C&A program but I have to honestly say that I don't cruise for the membership priveleges. First and foremost I want to enjoy the friends I'm traveling with, the host of activities on the ship I'm on and the memories made throughout the week. The extra perks are nice but I won't ever book any cruise with ANY line (including RCCL) based on what their loyalty program offers. Enjoy your week!!!

Peace!:cool:

texlatin1 you haven't said or I have missed it what dept. do you work in for RCL:D

LOL!!! If I did work for Royal Caribbean, I'd have to choose the Kid's program!!! It would be so great to have others like you join so that I could put all the whiners in timeout!!!:D

We did have a free drink coupon in our platinum books two weeks ago on Adventure. However, it was only good for a beer, a glass of wine, a soda, or bottled water. When trying to get a mixed drink I was told by the bartender that they are no longer aloud to take the coupon for that because the liquor in the drink was too expensive. He said that the bartenders find it hard to say no to the customers. That does seem a bit cheap on RCI's part.

The gold two for one coupon is actually a better value in my opinion as you can (could) get any type of a drink with it.

Sorry for misleading people! We did have the coupon for the free water, soda, or beer. When I said no drink coupon I was thinking of a mixed drink.

I would be glad to....I sail in suites and will now enjoy the CL with far fewer people crowding the drink lines and raising the noise level. I could care less about RCI's profits and losses and I don't drink any one cruise lines kool-aid as so many of the most vocal Diamonds here did as Sealord so graciousy posted.....

I believe that after all this settles down many of you will find that there are MANY other options out there that you will be pleasantly surprised to find you enjoy and mad you didn't find them previously only because you were "held hostage" to chocolate covered strawberries, a couple of free drinks and a CL that made many of you "Special"

Thank you for responding. Your answer has a different tenor about it than most, but I will not go into detail about that. However I do believe most here do care about RCL survival, although there are differences as to how they can best do that.

We became diamond by way of Celebrity cruises, but the two Royal Caribbean cruises we have taken, both TA's, have both been in Grand Suites. If we take another RC cruise it will probably also be in a suite.

Contrary to your experience we never had to wait in line for a drink. I simply walked to the bar at the overflow lounge and was promptly served. I did tip, but I don't know that that made a difference.

As many have said, a major part of the Concierge Lounge enjoyment is the opportunity to meet others. I would not want to limit those meetings to only D plus and suite cruisers, especially suite cruisers like myself. :D

You and I do agree that there are many travel opportunities other than RC cruising. In fact there are travel opportunities other than cruising. If you don't drink any one cruise line's kool-aid, how did you get to be "Celebrity Champion-President and Charter Member?" :D

Bob :cool:

LOL!!! If I did work for Royal Caribbean, I'd have to choose the Kid's program!!! It would be so great to have others like you join so that I could put all the whiners in timeout!!!:D

I can understand why you would enjoy the kids program you are just too young to understand the importance of what been lost:D. Come back when you grow up.

I can understand why you would enjoy the kids program you are just too young to understand the importance of what been lost:D. Come back when you grow up.

A person would hope that when they reach your age, wisdom would have in fact been a great asset. Sorry grandpa, I am grown, just not willing to dwell on things that aren't THAT important in life!!:)

A person would hope that when they reach your age, wisdom would have in fact been a great asset. Sorry grandpa, I am grown, just not willing to dwell on things that aren't THAT important in life!!:)

What may not be important too many of you may be very important to others, that is where your youth shines though, you asume you know everything. This thread is only two weeks old today, look at the thread count. You say it doesn't matter. To alot of people it matters alot. One day you'll may me wise enough to realize this, maybe not some folks never get it.:)

Show me ONE smart logical post Please

You probably missed those along with the post where you THINK that I previously mentioned on an earlier post what department I "presumedly" work for at RCI.

Just because you may not AGREE with my posts, you don't have to get rude and make false accusations. If you really think I posted such a message about what dept. I may work for, then you should have done yourself a favor and read back thru all the posts to get your facts correct before implying your insults. Just the same way you may think this issue is important to you, I have the same convictions about my own feelings on this! I have NEVER said this was not an important issue for anyone. If you read my posts clearly, I have even agreed with others making the move to other cruise lines or land based vacations. It's when others such as yourself cross the line and take it further than it has too!

You say young??? 43 to be exact! Didn't know age was a factor that based merit on the importance in peoples lives. Are C&A issues that important to me? Nope, not at all! Until you have paid for any of my cruises, then AND only then will you have the right to tell me what is important to me and what is not!

Now if you'd like to continue the mudslinging, I have no problem, I can give as well as I can take. If you are just writing your posts to insult and start mess, then take note of this. CC does not give you loyalty points and credit for the most posts accumulated!!!:D

WAS THAT LOGICAL ENOUGH FOR YOU????

Show me ONE smart logical post Please

Ok, you two BOYS break it up and play nice!!

I don't agree with texlatin's attitude that this "doesn't matter" or that it is "not that big of a deal", (if that's the case, texlatin, then give me back the $30,000 I spent to get to Diamond so I could enjoy the C.L.;)),

but he has not been rude to anyone.

At least take that lesson from him, Tugboat.

I think that they try to apply the coupon in whatever way will give it the least value possible. I mean, really, how much difference is the cost to RCI? It is a small matter so why risk having your customer feel annoyed.

Oh truer words were never spoken. In the grand scheme of all that is RCI the CL is a small matter. A little extra attention and a couple of pre-dinner drinks, with most Diamonds on many sailings not even going to the CL but to the overflow lounge. And again I keep reiterating, most of us don't necessarily care about the CL in the evening, the overflow lounge has worked fine.

In return they have loyal, long term customers returning again and again and again bringing their friends and family and introducing them to cruising (on RCI no less). So really, why is RCI taking this risk?

Originally Posted by cruzendude viewpost.gif

I would be glad to....I sail in suites and will now enjoy the CL with far fewer people crowding the drink lines and raising the noise level. I could care less about RCI's profits and losses and I don't drink any one cruise lines kool-aid as so many of the most vocal Diamonds here did as Sealord so graciousy posted.....

I believe that after all this settles down many of you will find that there are MANY other options out there that you will be pleasantly surprised to find you enjoy and mad you didn't find them previously only because you were "held hostage" to chocolate covered strawberries, a couple of free drinks and a CL that made many of you "Special"

Ok, who here has been held HOSTAGE by the chocolate covered strawberries? Raise your hands!:D

Come on now, are we to believe any of us have been held "hostage" by the C & A program? Who here has ever been forced to sail RCCL? People cruised the ships they wanted to plain and simple. No one was ever held hostage, everyone here made their own choice of what line to sail. I can't believe anyone here would ever sail ANY cruiseline time and time again that they did not enjoy just to get the CL.

If anyone does really feel they had been held hostage by RCCL and the CL and strawberries well now's your chance to book another cruiseline, you have been set free! :D

Ok, you two BOYS break it up and play nice!!

I don't agree with texlatin's attitude that this "doesn't matter" or that it is "not that big of a deal", (if that's the case, texlatin, then give me back the $30,000 I spent to get to Diamond so I could enjoy the C.L.;)),

but he has not been rude to anyone.

At least take that lesson from him, Tugboat.

You are absolutely right although please don't misunderstand my point. I understand it's important to others on what is happening with the new C&A policies. I have only stated it's not that important "to me"! I am Diamond on RCI and have enjoyed the CL and all that it has to offer (other than just the evening cocktail hours). I too, along with many other folks don't have that option anymore but I do have a choice to continue cruising with RCI. If by continuing to sail with this company, I will certainly rack up more C&A points but I don't cruise solely for that purpose as I've mentioned before. Please also know that I do take to heart that this does in fact mean alot more to others and that it goes deeper than just "a cocktail". I can't honestly say that if I had the $30,000 you've spent on RCI that I would give that back to (I'd like to book a TA in sometime in the future LOL). But I am willing to extend hand to anyone who has misinterpreted my posts or who I have offended...

Peace,

Shake_hands.jpg

Oh truer words were never spoken. In the grand scheme of all that is RCI the CL is a small matter. A little extra attention and a couple of pre-dinner drinks, with most Diamonds on many sailings not even going to the CL but to the overflow lounge. And again I keep reiterating, most of us don't necessarily care about the CL in the evening, the overflow lounge has worked fine.

In return they have loyal, long term customers returning again and again and again bringing their friends and family and introducing them to cruising (on RCI no less). So really, why is RCI taking this risk?

One of the problems is that people WERE bringing friends and family into the CL's/overflows with them as they were introducing them to cruising. How many times have we read of people doing that on CC? Numerous. And when told no, you could not do that by other CC members they had a million reasons why it was acceptable to do so because they just couldn't leave friends and family behind while they went to CL. How many times have we read that people want to bring non diamond friends and family with them to priority boarding lounges or Diamond parties because they were cruising together? Countless times. Again they all found reasons why it was perfectly acceptable to do so.

We were shocked as we weren't accustomed to being told no on a RCI ship. The usual is "it would be my pleasure."

COME TO THINK OF IT:I have ONLY heard the word NO 3 times in all my cruises on royalcaribbean....once at the steiner salong on board, once from a pretty girl at the bar ;) and the last was when I asked for diet coke to be brought to my room when they ran out of fountain diet coke onboard as part of the coke package :D

Archived