What celebrity (famous person) theme cruise would you like to sail on?

Dan Askin

If you could sail with any celebrity on a theme cruise, who'd it be?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. If you could sail with any celebrity on a theme cruise, who'd it be?

• "Bam!" Cajun cooking cruise with Emeril Lagasse
    • "Sex in the Floating Island" cruise with Sarah Jessica Parker
    • "Football X's and O's" cruise with John Madden
    • "Take control of your life" cruise with Dr. Phil
    • "Let the Big Dog Eat" golf cruise with Tiger Woods
    • Other -- please post

I thought of one I would love to do: The Barenaked Ladies do a Ships & Dip cruise/concert thing. I WOULD LOVE to be able to go on that the next time they have one!

My DH, Bill says he wants to cruise with some "Barenaked Ladies" as well!

Pearl

OK, so how about famous in your eyes, a "celebrity" of a different stripe, a poor indie rock group you love or a street corner philosophizer?

Okay, I give up, have Eric Clapton play the show every night and I'd swim to Antigua to get on the boat.

I've noticed that many of the people being suggested are singers/musicians. I'm afraid the only thematic cruise that I would be tempted to do would be a Dr. Who cruise with David Tennant and Russell Davies...and we should throw in Billie Piper for the DH as well.

Molto Bene!

Monty Python! Their humor and varied talents would make for a fun cruise for me.

They certainly could fill the entertainment slots individually or as a group. I only worry that others , like me, who enjoy their eclectic humor all gathered together might make for a rather strange group at sea!

Monty Python! Their humor and varied talents would make for a fun cruise for me.

They certainly could fill the entertainment slots individually or as a group. I only worry that others , like me, who enjoy their eclectic humor all gathered together might make for a rather strange group at sea!

Yes! We could sing "The Accountants' Shanty" from the beginning of "The Meaning of Life".

Oh, it's grand to be an accountant

And sail the great accountant-sea ...

A Scooby Doo Mystery Haunted Ship cruise!

Or... I'd go for the Blue Collar Comedy guys as someone already mention. Not because they're celebrities 'cause I don't care for celebrities for celebrities sake, either, but because the shows would be hilarious.

I've noticed that many of the people being suggested are singers/musicians. I'm afraid the only thematic cruise that I would be tempted to do would be a Dr. Who cruise with David Tennant and Russell Davies...and we should throw in Billie Piper for the DH as well.

Molto Bene!

That would be fun for me. Sadly, the husband hates the show. He says David Tennant and Billie Piper are two of the worst actors he has ever seen. He also thinks Billie looks like a horse and says "he is waiting on her to neigh any second". Cruel I know, but a little funny also. However, I think he is wrong. I think she is beautiful, very unique looking. I also enjoy thier acting.

Molto Bene!

Charlie! How have you been? We've missed you on the CA Cruisers thread! You should stop in and say 'hi'. Hope all is well! :D

So you never go to movies or shows?

That isn't at all the same thing. The question was what celebrity theme cruise would you want to take. My answer is none. We can certainly enjoy movies, concerts, theater without wanting to be on a cruise that's all "celebrity" all the time. Now, there are certain celebrities I wouldn't mind having a drink and conversation with, but not with 3,000 others on a "fan cruise."

OK, so how about famous in your eyes, a "celebrity" of a different stripe, a poor indie rock group you love or a street corner philosopher?

Nope. The only "theme" cruises we'd even consider would be ones based on specific types of entertainment. Big band/jazz/swing, for example, would be great for us because we're musicians and those are types of music we love and have played for decades. But we wouldn't want a cruise based solely on one specific group--Not even the Canadian Brass, which we've seen in concert at least 8 times over the past 20 years.

beachchick

Musician and celebrity John Mayer kicked off the second "Mayercraft Carrier" cruise yesterday from Los Angeles. Reports are that he greeted passengers dressed like Captain Stubing. Got us thinking: If you could sail with any celebrity on a theme cruise, who'd it be?

I love the Food Network...so my choices would be from there.

Maybe Ina Garten....the Barefoot Contessa. Her recent series on Back to Basics cooking...would possibly get those not interested in cooking...to take it up.

Maybe Paula Deen. Her shows are more down home...old fashioned cooking...real comfort food. She can be a little too much to take sometimes...but she would be a lot of fun.

My main choice would be Giada De Laurentiis. She is very informative and creative in her recipes...and her personality is bubbly and fun...without being too overpowering.

NCL Gem 2011!

I love the Food Network...so my choices would be from there.

Maybe Ina Garten....the Barefoot Contessa. Her recent series on Back to Basics cooking...would possibly get those not interested in cooking...to take it up.

Maybe Paula Deen. Her shows are more down home...old fashioned cooking...real comfort food. She can be a little too much to take sometimes...but she would be a lot of fun.

My main choice would be Giada De Laurentiis. She is very informative and creative in her recipes...and her personality is bubbly and fun...without being too overpowering.

NCL Gem 2011!

I like you choices. It would be nice to be entertained and learn something at the same time.

And I would even like a music themed cruise. Maybe from the 70's or 80's with music (and maybe some groups) from those times. Boy, would that bring back memories for me.

But, the Big Band era would be fun too.

There are really great ideas on this thread. I hope someone is listening!

Archived