Alaska 2010..pearl or star?

live2dive45

Which is the better ship depends upon many factors depending on you.

Do you wish to visit Glacier Bay National Park? Pearl

Do you wish to see Sawyer Glacier? Star

Do you wish to visit Victoria? Pearl

Do you wish to visit Prince Rupert? Star

Do you wish to book a Courtyard Suite? Pearl

Do you wish to embark on Saturday? Star

Do you wish to embark on Sunday? Pearl

Do you wish to play Wii on a 20 ft screen? Pearl

Do you wish to bowl? Pearl

Otherwise, these ships are pretty much the same.

also:

when you want to go

ships going to glacier bay very, very seldom have any problems getting in and around glacier bay to see the different glacier.

tracy arms/sawyer glacier, ships often don't make it to the glaciers (or even in viewing range), especially early in the season. more about that on the alaska boards.

We are planning very eary in the season...2nd week of May 2010... so it looks like the ship that wins has Glacier Bay in the itinerary....I have some more investigating to do. Thank you Toyz711 for that very inportant piece of information

since it was reported (last year) that many ships, until mid-june, never got to enter tracy arms..much less get anywhere close to the glacier. glacier bay IS the best choice for that time of year. many of the ships ended up going to endicott glacier.

glacier bay is just beautiful! but the hint of the day...if you are getting a balcony cabin and planning on glacier viewing from there..go with one on the port-side.

yes, the ship does turn and give every cabin a view. but port or foreward cabins get first views, while the water is still. when the ship turns, run to the upper decks to enjoy the rest of the view. plus, while the ship cruises through glacier bay..the ship stays close to the port side and everything the rangers talk about will be on the port side.

have a great cruise no matter what you choose. (you are welcome :D)

We are planning very eary in the season...2nd week of May 2010... so it looks like the ship that wins has Glacier Bay in the itinerary....I have some more investigating to do. Thank you Toyz711 for that very inportant piece of information
If you do decide on the second week of May, I'll see you on the Pearl!

Looks like it may be the Pearl...port side. Thank you all for your input. Here's a word or 2 for the CC newbies. I can't stress the importance of referring to the boards and the members herein on information leading up to cruise decisions. Getting well balanced accounts of ships and itineraries by those who sail them is the best information you can get. Hear the pros and cons and make a decision. You have steared me in the right direction twice before..Alaska will be #3 I'm sure.

Archived