Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Thanks for the wonderful Radiance pics.

After those pics it may be my favorite ship.

The sunsets are stunning.

Cannot wait till Sept 30th.

Only less than 2 months since the Mariner and I am ready for another cruise.

Laura

Love it when folks share pics -

Laura: are you with RedNancy on the RAdiance?

can't wait for you to see that ship - it's gorgeous...

like I keep saying, they all are -

The Radiance is smaller than the Mariner but it has features all its own that will win you over. Narce loves the Colony Club way to the back where they do the cocktail parties -- past the Schooner Bar -

It has both a Chops and a Portofino that overlooks the water -

The Champagne Bar overlooks the water and so does the deck where Seattles Best is ...

My most favorite are the elevators that over look the ocean as you go up and down!

gosh!! need I say more? and be sure to play pool - the top never moves as the ship moves and the balls just stay put.

Carol

Carol that is my favorite picture of the Centrum. We learned about going all the way to deck 10 is it then looking straight down, Didn't know about that when we were on the Brilliance.

Gay

I love looking look down (nightly) from Deck 10 - cuz there's always someone dancing in the Centrum - I also love hearing the live music from the upper decks that come from the lower deck -- carol

Hi, all you Left Coast Cruisers!! I haven't been on lately, busy with work. Finally have a day off tomorrow:cool:!!!

OK, Question for everyone here. We are trying to decide between two cruises for 2010. First Celebrity Summit to Canada/New England (14 days)- OR - Celebrity Solstice Eastern Med (Holy Land) also 14 days. They both are about the same price (for cruise, have not done any air fare yet).

Soooo, anybody been to either of these areas and what can you tell me about it. Neither my DH nor me have either been to the east coast (New York area) or Europe.

Happy Cruising

Melody:D

Hi, all you Left Coast Cruisers!! I haven't been on lately, busy with work. Finally have a day off tomorrow:cool:!!!

OK, Question for everyone here. We are trying to decide between two cruises for 2010. First Celebrity Summit to Canada/New England (14 days)- OR - Celebrity Solstice Eastern Med (Holy Land) also 14 days. They both are about the same price (for cruise, have not done any air fare yet).

Soooo, anybody been to either of these areas and what can you tell me about it. Neither my DH nor me have either been to the east coast (New York area) or Europe.

Happy Cruising

hmmmmmmm - the Canada/New England one sounds more appealing to me - now that you mention it, I'll have to look into it and read up on it.

missed ya - but understand your schedule -

will be back - gotta' spend some time with the hubby - he says I am on CC too much - he just doesn't GET it!! heehee!!

Carol

Love it when folks share pics -

Laura: are you with RedNancy on the RAdiance?

can't wait for you to see that ship - it's gorgeous...

like I keep saying, they all are -

The Radiance is smaller than the Mariner but it has features all its own that will win you over. Narce loves the Colony Club way to the back where they do the cocktail parties -- past the Schooner Bar -

It has both a Chops and a Portofino that overlooks the water -

The Champagne Bar overlooks the water and so does the deck where Seattles Best is ...

My most favorite are the elevators that over look the ocean as you go up and down!

gosh!! need I say more? and be sure to play pool - the top never moves as the ship moves and the balls just stay put.

Carol

I'm sold. No need to say more!:)

Yes Nancy is suppose to go also on Sept 30th.

The boyz were suppose to go but someone said they changed their mind so don't know.

Laura

OK, the cruise to the Med on Solstice is September 9, 2010 and the Canada/New England is September 12, 2010. My DH is leaning toward the first one to the Med. I have to admit I do like the idea of a new ship, but I've always wanted to see New York City and the east coast area. I am a native of Washington, lived in Seattle all my life.

Any one else care to weigh in on this one?

Happy cruising to all.

(am I on the ship yet?)

Thanks for all the ships photos, Gay. I got lost in the galleries a couple of times today. :) Nice dolphins too!

I've not done an East coast cruise, but I liked the Med so much, I wish I were going again soon. So much variation in the trip - Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt and Isreal.... Amazing! Could toss in some extra days in Rome too. :D

347224029_f8EzB-L.jpg

OK, the cruise to the Med on Solstice is September 9, 2010 and the Canada/New England is September 12, 2010. My DH is leaning toward the first one to the Med. I have to admit I do like the idea of a new ship, but I've always wanted to see New York City and the east coast area. I am a native of Washington, lived in Seattle all my life.

Happy cruising to all.

(am I on the ship yet?)

My friend will be getting her doctorates in education May of 2011 - so she is wanting to celebrate by going on a Med Cruise - also her youngest daughter will graduate from SF STate Univ and her other daughter will graduate with her Masters - so 3 grads -- good way to celebrate - I will have to plan a Med cruise with her, her hubby (who is my hubby's best friend), and their 3 adult kids -- so something to look into and plan on - Celebrity is tempting esp the new ships - I have never sailed on Celebrity, so it'll really be something new for us.

We want to do an East Coastal for Oct 2010 cuz of wanting to go to Maine and Canada...

so many plans and WANTS -- nice thing to think about - cruising....

Carol

Happy cruising to all.

(am I on the ship yet?)

If you go on a MEd, you can stop in the East Coast for several days before going on ... and of course, if you do the coastal cruise, you can do the same - get in several days before and enjoy NY and area.... ??? carol

Gay, great dolphin photos. By the time we go on the Mexican Rivera in 2011 it will be our 3rd time going to those same ports but all on different ships, so that is still exciting. I actually love doing the Caribbean cruises.

Good morning everyone. Debbie thank you, we have been to Mexico only once in 2002, so 2011 will be our 2nd. I am not sure how much touring we will do having been there already, but we have plenty of time to decide.There maybe something we decide on doing. I am working hard at searching for Cruises, and still have the Med/TA has #1, but looking at back up, possibly the Ruby Princess out of Venice to Ft Lauderdale.We loved the Caribbean and have looked at those possibly a Southern.

Gay

Good morning everyone. Debbie thank you, we have been to Mexico only once in 2002, so 2011 will be our 2nd. I am not sure how much touring we will do having been there already, but we have plenty of time to decide.There maybe something we decide on doing. I am working hard at searching for Cruises, and still have the Med/TA has #1, but looking at back up, possibly the Ruby Princess out of Venice to Ft Lauderdale.We loved the Caribbean and have looked at those possibly a Southern.

Gay

Whatever you decide I am sure it will be wonderful just for the simple fact that you will be on a cruise ship and on vacation!

Corkey -

Great idea about getting to the east coast a few days early. If we do the Med my DH eants to spend about 4 to 5 days exploring Rome, so I don't think I could take that much time off. Its a thought though, thanks!

Keeps my mind going - planning and wanting to go here and there - looking into cities,etc... yes, it's a nice thought! I know you will come up with something that'll work for you. Corkey Carol

My sister and her husband enjoying traveling and have been to the UK, Ireland. They do mostly land tours so are able to enjoy the places leisurely. Cruising and seeing these sites has me worried about the extra dollars needed. I am doing alot of reading on the Europe Boards.

Gay

My sister and her husband enjoying traveling and have been to the UK, Ireland. They do mostly land tours so are able to enjoy the places leisurely. Cruising and seeing these sites has me worried about the extra dollars needed. I am doing alot of reading on the Europe Boards.

Gay

I enjoyed our cruises to Europe - loved the ports and keep thinking, someday I will go back and do a landtrip and stay longer at the places we visited during our cruises -- someday - but for now, we still haven't thought about NOT cruising -- the only place I want to do a land trip for sure is - Hawaii. I just want to be there all day/night and go to my favorite places - carol

Archived