Disembarkation day

sempronialou

How smoothly does it typically run and how soon can one get off the ship?

We're on the CB 6/20-6/29. The itinerary says that we get into port at 7:15 a.m. We're flying out 10:30a.m. Now I'm thinking that's a dumb move on my part. We're using Princess transfers to get back to the airport. I'm worried that I've cut it too close and will miss our flight back.

You don't say which port and airport. If both are Fort Lauderdale, you should be OK if the ship is on time and if the local authorities clear quickly. It is only 5 or 10 minutes to FLL. Jus about anywhere else, prepare for a stressful morning.

Does any one know if we would make an 1130 flight from JFK.

We are taking the Crown in Oct for New England/Canada. I have not made our flight reservations yet. United has an 1130 flight than 330 flight. We are going to do our own transfer to the airport. Any thoughts

Thanks, Jacquelyn

How smoothly does it typically run and how soon can one get off the ship?

We're on the CB 6/20-6/29. The itinerary says that we get into port at 7:15 a.m. We're flying out 10:30a.m. Now I'm thinking that's a dumb move on my part. We're using Princess transfers to get back to the airport. I'm worried that I've cut it too close and will miss our flight back.

I agree there is no way I would attempt that flight with transfers.

A car service would be best.

We use Arecibo 718-783-6465 or Cadman 866-308-5466.

Call them 15 minutes prior to your being ready to leave and they will respond promptly.

Runs around $55 plus tip to LGA and a little more to JFK.

Thank you so much. I was afraid I'd have to change the flight which I would've if it was too tight. I will cancel the transfers and use a car service. We were planning on using a car service to get to the terminal from our hotel, so I'm glad I have some numbers to call.

So we can walk off the ship with our luggage? That would actually be much easier rather than worry about someone getting our luggage and all that jazz. I realize we'd have to lug it around on the last morning, but we plan on packing light anyway.

Does any one know if we would make an 1130 flight from JFK.

We are taking the Crown in Oct for New England/Canada. I have not made our flight reservations yet. United has an 1130 flight than 330 flight. We are going to do our own transfer to the airport. Any thoughts

You can be 100% sure of making the 3:30 flight.

You will probably make the 11:30 flight if there is no delay in reaching port and starting disembarkation, if you can be among the first off, if there is not heavy traffic on the way to JFK, and if you do not have long lines at checkin and security. So, you may want to book the 3:30 to avoid the anxiety and worry about making the 11:30.

You can be 100% sure of making the 3:30 flight.

You will probably make the 11:30 flight if there is no delay in reaching port and starting disembarkation, if you can be among the first off, if there is not heavy traffic on the way to JFK, and if you do not have long lines at checkin and security. So, you may want to book the 3:30 to avoid the anxiety and worry about making the 11:30.

Thanks,,,I think the 330 flight will be perfect. I do tend to get anxious and worry. This way no rush.

So we can walk off the ship with our luggage? That would actually be much easier rather than worry about someone getting our luggage and all that jazz. I realize we'd have to lug it around on the last morning, but we plan on packing light anyway.

Yes but make sure you sign up sometime during the cruise for the express disembarkation at the pursers desk.

You don't want to be searching for your luggage on the pier, save all the time you can with that early flight.

As has been said, if you choose Express Disembarkation, you must be able to handle all of your bags, including carry-ons, yourself without struggling. I don't know about Red Hook but other terminals have escalators and you must have one hand free to hold onto the railing.

If the ship arrives at 7:15AM, you will probably not be able to disembark until at least 7:45 - 8AM as the ship needs to be cleared before anyone is allowed to disembark. Most major airports now require you to check in for your flight at least 90 minutes to 2 hours ahead of time (I know LAX does) so a 10:30AM flight is going to be very tight no matter how you get to the airport 'cause once you're there, you still have to check in and go through Security before going to the gate.

As has been said, if you choose Express Disembarkation, you must be able to handle all of your bags, including carry-ons, yourself without struggling. I don't know about Red Hook but other terminals have escalators and you must have one hand free to hold onto the railing.
Red Hook has both escalators and elevators. You will not be permitted to descend an escalator with more than one piece of luggage.

There should be no need to go to the Purser's desk to request self-disembarkation. We have always received a personalized form in our cabin a few days prior to disembarkation to fill out and return if we desire to take advantage.

As I recall, there weren't a lot of taxis around the terminal at that hour. The suggestion to reserve a car service should be considered.

Lew

Does Cadmann car service also transfer from/to Newark? Are they the same price as Arecibo?

I have inquired in the past about Newark and I can't remember what they told me. I know tolls are an issue from Newark.

We ended up using LGA.

We have used both services and had no complaints.

There prices are different, call them both and get some pricing.

After thinking about the traffic thing, I am concerned about making it there and going through security. It occurred to me we arrive on a Monday which means it's a work day for New Yorkers meaning we're most likely to hit rush hour. With that in mind, I'm going to change our flight time to a later one. The next time available is 12:39 p.m.. I don't want to leave much later than that as the next later one is 2:27 p.m.. Hopefully 12:39 gives a bit more breathing room.

Archived