Crown & Anchor status change...

I know the Crown and Anchor program has been changed, but thought the change was what each level received.

Have they changed requirements for reaching platinum? I recently received a letter, and also email that told me 'congratulations' for reaching platinum status. Platinum is still 5 cruise credits, isn't it? I've been on only two RCCL cruises; one in a balcony cabin, and the most recent in a GS in December 07. I haven't really been checking, but I know it took them forever (maybe almost a year?) to post the two newest credits to get to 3 total. But I don't understand how I got to 5? C&A RCCL website does list me at 5 now and platinum. Cruise history still shows two cruises with a total of 3 credits.

What did I miss? Or should I just be quiet?

I know the Crown and Anchor program has been changed, but thought the change was what each level received.

Have they changed requirements for reaching platinum? I recently received a letter, and also email that told me 'congratulations' for reaching platinum status. Platinum is still 5 cruise credits, isn't it? I've been on only two RCCL cruises; one in a balcony cabin, and the most recent in a GS in December 07. I haven't really been checking, but I know it took them forever (maybe almost a year?) to post the two newest credits to get to 3 total. But I don't understand how I got to 5? C&A RCCL website does list me at 5 now and platinum. Cruise history still shows two cruises with a total of 3 credits.

They sent us a "Welcome to Diamond Status" when we reached the Platinum level a couple of years ago. While they have improved the web site in regards to the correct cruise credit level for most people, there are still many inaccuracies. You are proof of that. They may eventually realize the mistake or they may not.

I've been on only two RCCL cruises; one in a balcony cabin, and the most recent in a GS in December 07. I haven't really been checking, but I know it took them forever (maybe almost a year?) to post the two newest credits to get to 3 total. But I don't understand how I got to 5? C&A RCCL website does list me at 5 now and platinum. Cruise history still shows two cruises with a total of 3 credits.

You get more credit for a suite and length of cruise. You could really be Plantinum!

Yes, that's why we received 2 credits for the suite on the second cruise. But both cruises were only 7 days; and the earlier one was a balcony cabin. So it's 3...

I was wondering with the changes to C&A and people not being very happy, maybe they were adding credits??? OK, probably just a computer goof then...

OK, probably just a computer goof then...

They have had many of those, though my freedom cruise was credited in record time, last I check, they are still showing me at 3.

I think the problem is that some of you just cruise so much that RCI can't keep up with you! (yes, I'm jealous)

My wife and I go on a cruise once a year and we have yet to have any problems with the website showing our correct number of cruise credits.

;)

That happend to us last year a couple weeks before our Alaska cruise. We received the benefit of the platinum on that cruse base it was later correct, which really didn't matter because that cruise would have given us platinum. So you may find that it will disappear as quickly as it came.

Yes, they do make mistakes sometimes, but they also correct them.

A few years ago on a cruise (while we were still Gold status), we received the invite to the platinum/diamond onboard party in our cabin. It had our names on it. A few days later, we received a note in our cabin that they made a mistake and were asked not to attend. Same thing happened to another couple we met on the same cruise.

You do get an extra cruise credit for 12 night or longer cruises, and whenever you book a suite.

this happened to us just last week where they listed us as diamond plus with 26 credits. when we called to check they reduced us back to 10 loosing our 8 credits that belong to us.we are currently disputing with miami. the asked me for folio numbers from cruises we took between 1995-1998.

are they kidding? i don't keep that information. i had to send them old picturs of those cruises. it was hard to scan and look for pictures before the digital cameras ever came out.

we are yet to hear from them.

When I called Crown & Anchor on Thursday to check on an available cabin for our cruise in November, the representative on the phone said "I need to review your account and verify your Diamond status". This caught me off guard. I have kept all the Sign & Sail cards in a memory box. Now I'm glad I have them in case we have issues in the future.

lol I wish they would make a mistake with me and welcome me to diamond early.

Well in 2 weeks, from tomorrow, when I am back from the last Galveston RT this cruise season...I will be diamond. Hope that comes out correctly. D+ would be nice but that would be one huge error...

yesterday i checked and it looks like i got all my credits back. i am so happy and at the same time paranoid that they will go away again. i made copies of every page just in case.
They do seem to have problems with their cruise credit accounting. In January we made ten credits and Diamond and it has been that way since. We got our Diamond balcony discounts on our upcoming TA and B2B Western Med no problem. Last week i looked we now have 9 credits but it still shows Diamond and we still have our balcony discount.

Last year I had a discussion with them about credits and the C&A rep told me that there are two systems, the internal one they use and the web system we see and the two are often out of sync with each other. Obviously their system is the one that matters, so I just go with what they say.

Archived