documents

#110Sbum

I have called my TA @ AVC to ask when we would receive luggage tags and docs from MSC. She told me that the E-ticket/boarding pass that was sent earlier was all that MSC sent.

I maybe wrong but I always remember getting these things (tags) to put on the luggage before leaving home and somewhere in my rusty memory banks, I thought I read that people had received these items.

With sailing just 12 days away, I'm need some reassurance. Can anyone tell me what they received?

We sail on the Orchestra this Saturday. About two weeks ago, we received a blue vinyl folder containing luggage tags, ship information, and a copy of our e-ticket.

If you don't get something like this, I'm sure that they will have plenty of luggage tags at the pier.

Paul

We are part of an organized tour of about 60 people from all over the U.S. & Canada & received our docs & tags 27 days ahead from our local travel agent.

The MSC electronic Passenger / Embarkation Ticket came with a 5 page Passenger Contract and 4 color-coded baggage labels which I imagine, will pertain to our priority on disembarkation .

The labels have boxes for name, address, cell/e-mail , ship,dates and cabin number for baggage delivery.

I would keep bugging them for tags or take some gummed address labels & learn to write ship & cabin number quickly, especially if you have MSC Cruise air arrangements.

Bon Voyage

• 5 years later...

I wrote MSC a few days ago for tags for our cruise in March. They indicated I need to query my T/A who was responsible for sending luggage tags and trip documents. I did as directed and received an e-mail with attached cruise docs. including tags. The tags are the do it yourself variety (i.e. fold, cut and staple to your luggage).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mathguy42 write

We did not get luggage tags either, just a one page e-document that is a receipt that says "Print and bring on board." Maybe because we booked through a TA and not directly with the cruise line?

Mistertoaster wrote

I wrote MSC a few days ago for tags for our cruise in March. They indicated I need to query my T/A who was responsible for sending luggage tags and trip documents. I did as directed and received an e-mail with attached cruise docs. including tags. The tags are the do it yourself variety (i.e. fold, cut and staple to your luggage).

This is what we get electronicaly in the UK (both when booked via a TA or with MSC directly), printed as A4 size, 2 per guest !!

it says "do not photocopy" if you require more but get them at the luggage drop off point

luggage.jpg

Hope this reassures you

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Someone has resurrected a really old thread here. Actual physical tickets in a nice printed booklet and proper luggage tags in a nice blue vinyls wallet are a thing of the very distant past. Still use my blue wallet for all trips as it is great for keeping all important travel documents in.

Tickets are now electronic and you need to print them yourself. I coat my flimsy paper tages with Sellotape on both sides and they don't tear or fall off. You can always get more tages at the port if you need more.

Someone has resurrected a really old thread here. Actual physical tickets in a nice printed booklet and proper luggage tags in a nice blue vinyls wallet are a thing of the very distant past. Still use my blue wallet for all trips as it is great for keeping all important travel documents in.

Tickets are now electronic and you need to print them yourself. I coat my flimsy paper tages with Sellotape on both sides and they don't tear or fall off. You can always get more tages at the port if you need more.

...leather room key case you used to get onbaord when you stayed in a suite....ah, I miss those little things...

I contacted our TA who said sending an e-receipt was normal when you book with an online TA. If you book with a brick and mortar TA you get tags in the mail. So it looks like that document that says "print and bring on board" is all we get. We did, and we will, so it looks like we have to do our luggage tags when we get to the pier. It's really no big deal, it's just the lack of consistency that I find astonishing.

This differs significantly from our last cruise experience on Celebrity where we got a printed booklet in the mail with our tags included. Also BTW, booked online, although directly with the cruise line. While we expect change, it doesn't look like there's any consistency here.

I don't think it is that inconsistent that a company has changed its business practices a couple of times over the 6 year lifespan of this thread.

Exactly, and more and more companies are moving to e-docs especially in the travel sector. Remember those carbonised air ticket booklets? Also a thing of the past.

We did not get luggage tags either, just a one page e-document that is a receipt that says "Print and bring on board." Maybe because we booked through a TA and not directly with the cruise line?

That one page document that says to print and bring onboard is what you get after you complete the online check-in.

If you booked directly with MSC you should receive an e-mail shortly after you make your final payment. You have to print it out. That is where the luggage tags can be found.

If you booked with a TA the e-mailed documents will go the TA and they will either print it for you and mail it to you, or forward the e-mail so you can print it yourself.

We received our document e-mail from the TA about 3 days after making the final payment.