4/5 Splendor. we're back in Long Beach!

mistyinca

The cruise was awesome! I'll be posting pics and reviews later when I get home! I have capers and lots of stuff to share. Right now we just got back into Long Beach, and we're just hanging on our balcony. I can't wait to tell everyone all about it!

I will say that all I learned at CC really came in handy!

Was that you guys I saw docked near the QM this morning?? I thought maybe it was the Paradise and you guys were somewhere else! I guess the Paradise comes in tomorrow morning so it MUST have bee you guys!:D

I can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it! We're going in November - seems FOREVER away now!

Misty, welcome back.

I'm on the 4/26 sailing. Some of us are confused about port/ship time in Puerto Vallarta.

Did you dock there from 10am-10pm? That is our port time. What time was the ship on? I.E. we're trying to figure out if 10am was PV time or ship time.

Any help appreciated.

Misty, welcome back.

I'm on the 4/26 sailing. Some of us are confused about port/ship time in Puerto Vallarta.

Did you dock there from 10am-10pm? That is our port time. What time was the ship on? I.E. we're trying to figure out if 10am was PV time or ship time.

Any help appreciated.

We put our clocks one hour ahead of CA time for the ports, and those were the hours we went by for 10 to 10 and excursions. However, I believe PV was actually 2 hours ahead, so we were not following local time.

Clear as mud? :D

We put our clocks one hour ahead of CA time for the ports, and those were the hours we went by for 10 to 10 and excursions. However, I believe PV was actually 2 hours ahead, so we were not following local time.

Clear as mud? :D

OK now I'm more confused. :confused:

Lets see if this might get me to understand a bit clearer:

I want to be able to meet a tour at 11:15 (PV Time)...will the ship get there in time for me to catch that tour?

In other words since the ship moved its clock-but PV also moved theirs...is 10 a.m. when you arrive really 11a.m. PV Time (now)...so no way I'll make it :confused:

OK now I'm more confused. :confused:

Lets see if this might get me to understand a bit clearer:

I want to be able to meet a tour at 11:15 (PV Time)...will the ship get there in time for me to catch that tour?

In other words since the ship moved its clock-but PV also moved theirs...is 10 a.m. when you arrive really 11a.m. PV Time (now)...so no way I'll make it :confused:

We watched the Splendor pull into and leave Puerto Vallarta on the ship cam last Wednesday because we are in the same 'boat' as you..we have an 11:15 excursion booked

The Splendor docked at 8am PST, which was 9am Ship Time (with ship time moved ahead by 1 hr as Misty has said), 10am Puerto Vallarta time..just a matter of how long it takes for them to give the OK to leave the ship.

The Splendor left at 9pm PST, which was 10pm Ship Time and 11pm Puerto Vallarta time

So it was really there from 9am - 10pm Ship time (10am - 11pm PV time)

We are gonna watch again this Wednesday to see if the schedule is the same.

Misty welcome back and glad you had a great time. We are looking forward to hearing all about your cruise.:D

Do you happen to remember how long it took from the time you docked in PV until you were given the OK to leave the ship??

I look forward to your review, we have a week before we leave on the Splendor!! Glad you had a good time, looked like it was a little chilly and they actually closed the roof and the pools yesterday.

I look forward to your review, we have a week before we leave on the Splendor!! Glad you had a good time, looked like it was a little chilly and they actually closed the roof and the pools yesterday.

Yes, they did.:( I was hoping to go lay out in the sun on the top deck, and it was so cold and windy the last day that it would have been uncomfortable. There were still lots hanging out by the Lido pool. I took the time to go and photograph areas of the ship.

I will try to get a review posted later tonite. The ride home was tough when we had to stop for a flat tire. I'm catching up on laundry now. I probably won't get pics up until tomorrow, but I'll see what I can do.

To answer the other question about PV time. If I recall correctly, the earliest we were able to get off the boat was shortly before 10 ship time, which would have been 11 PV time. You would be cutting it close to book an 11:15 excursion, but it's possible, since our excursion was at 10:15 ship time, which would be basically the same thing.

By the way, this was on ABC Eyewitness news that I saw you guys...I wasn't actually DOWN there or I would've known it was not the Paradise!
Paradise docks on Friday (loads paxs for the 3-day weekender) . . . then docks there on Monday (loading the 4-dayer midweek cruise). Can't use the dock at the same time as the Splendor, which docks on Sunday.

Sorry all. I fell asleep last night at 8:30pm :o. Wiped out from the cruise.

I've posted my review in a new thread. Here it is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=966863

I've gotten my pics downloaded from my camera. I just need to edit a few, and then I'll post the link to the slideshow. I'll try and get capers scanned in later today. :D

Question for everyone: Does anyone know what the best place for me to upload the capers to? I have the first day scanned in in .jpg format.

Thanks! :)

Welcome back, we'll be on the Splendor in October! We usually put the Capers with our pics in Webshots, but some also put them here : http://capers.stateroom.info/main.php

Here's a link to my photobucket slideshow:

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/mistyinca/Carnival%20Splendor%20April%205%202009%20Mexican%20Riviera/?albumview=slideshow

The pictures are small there, though, so I'm currently starting up a webshots gallery. It is taking a while, since I'm uploading the videos too. I'll post when it is ready, and I'll try to put the capers there too.

Here's a link to my photobucket slideshow:

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/mistyinca/Carnival%20Splendor%20April%205%202009%20Mexican%20Riviera/?albumview=slideshow

The pictures are small there, though, so I'm currently starting up a webshots gallery. It is taking a while, since I'm uploading the videos too. I'll post when it is ready, and I'll try to put the capers there too.

Hi Misty,

Thanks for the pix. There are great! Your boys appear to be good sports. I know how hard it is to get some teenagers to cooperate for photos!! :)

I'll read your review also.

Thanks again!!

Archived