Tell me about Las Hadas in Manzanillo....

MaiTaiMary

Las Hadas is older and shows it. Karima looks nicer, although we never visited, as it was $75/person to get thru the front gates. Below find a view, and following a prior post we did on Manzanillo

Las Hadas

LasHadas.jpg

Karima Palace

KarimaPalace.jpg

Manzanillo, is a least favorite port. We suggest taking a tour, or going to view Las Hadas (Bo Derek/Dudly Moore "10") and then settle at Audencia beach

The Cruise pier is in a large industrial ship yard. The cabs that service shipfront are more expensive than if you walk the long walk out of the ship yard. I think we paid about $15 to return from Audiencia Beach for 2 of us. As you can see on the map below; the major resorts are very close to Audiencia Beach.

Manzanillo.jpg

The shopping area near the cruise port has no beach, and the best part is the large Sailfish statue.

IMG_3202.jpg

The expensive "day use" resort is Karima Palace. TOO MUCH $$ for us. Las Hadas is older and not so nice anymore. The best way for us, is to briefly visit Las Hadas on a FREE walking tour, and then have your cab take you to nearby Audiencia Beach. It cost $1 to rent a chair and there is plenty to see and do. Vendors ready to take you for a snorkle and more. Tasty and inexpensive food and drink all around. NICE

Las Hadas

STP62014.jpg

Las Hadas

STP61972.jpg

Audiencia Beach

IMG_3839.jpg

The last time we ported in Manzanillo, we asked the crew what they do in port. Some responded that they go to a small beach just west of the cruise pier. They have a small palapa resturant where you can buy seafood and cook it yourself. We joined them and had fun cooking fish and shrimp. Just walk out of the Ship Yard and strait down the pier entry roadway to the beach (10 minute walk)

IMG_3210.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah, for that price difference, I'd rather just go to Las Hadas. That's a big difference.

Is it crowded there when the cruise ship is in port? I really just want a pool and a nice beach to chill at for a bit.

Is the beach area nice at Las Hadas? Looks very calm!

• 2 months later...

A group of us went to Las Hadas last Oct. We all really liked it and it was not crowded at all...the pool was great. The food was great. I thought it was very clean and well kept for being older. They also have a swim up bar. It was very relaxing. The beach area looked nice, but I didn't go down to the water. I would go there again in a heartbeat. It ranges $25-35pp to get thru gate, but tickets can be used for food and drink (tip is separate)...we didn't come near to using all our coupons.

We went to las Hadas in early March. We liked it. It was not busy, the pool was great, and the pool side food was good. Was it up to some of the resorts that we have stayed in...no but it has a certain elegance. We toured the grounds-they are very nice. SO...we paid $10 for the cab ride going, $8 to return. Entry was $30. or 300 pesos. We should have brought pesos..at the time 300 pesos was $20. We brought our own towels and we glad that we did. They give you coupons for food and drink. We had extra coupons when we left. DW liked it very much. Would we go back...yes. It was a nice change and Manzanillo is not very attractive when you sail in. Keep in mind we came from Canada, so sitting by a pool in any resort was a nice change from -20 C.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody else been recently? :)

So do I need to make reservations ahead of time or just show up at the front desk and tell them we'd like to stay for the day?

What does the $25-35pp get you? (are there specific drink coupons? how many? for the food, is it for a buffet or ....?)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mary :)

We loved Las Hadas ..enjoyed our day there. We did not make a reservation...just grabbed a taxi from downtown and he took us there. You pay the admission at a little booth as you drive in. They will hand you drink and food coupons. No need to stop at the front desk.

For that $30 fee you get drink coupons and food coupons worth more than $30. Nothing specific, you can get what you want with coupons. You order off a menu, it's not a buffet. Bathroom/changing facilities are available. Beach is nice enough.

From my review:

This is a very industrial port that you dock in. You have to take a shuttle from the ship. The cost is $4.00 per person, round trip. The shuttle takes you about 1 ½ miles into a downtown area with shops and an information table. We elected to take a taxi to Las Hadas resort while in Manzanillo. We shopped for souvenirs and then headed to Las Hadas. It was a beautiful resort with a huge pool. The pool had a little island, a swim up bar, a waterfall and a rope bridge across it. There is a beach area here also. The cost of admission is $30 per person. You are given coupons for drinks, food and beach chairs worth $30.00 per person, so it’s a great deal. We enjoyed a relaxing day at the pool, eating and drinking. There were many others from the ship there too. The taxi cost $10.00 to the resort from downtown and $7.00 directly back to the ship from the resort.

Photos:

the pool

2305190670100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

the resort

2805300390100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

the beach

2650334270100082454S600x600Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

1. prior to cruise goto karmina palace website and schedule an appt for a massage at their spa...

2. once you get to manzanillo...grab cab and ask to be taken to karmina palace...$10-12

3. check into karmina palace spa and confirm massage appts.

4. then go down the road past bougenvillea restaurant and follow path past gate and walk to las hadas...its about a 10 minute walk

4. tell the guard at las hadas you want to have breakfast at las palmas restaurant...he will let you in

5. go to las palmas and have a nosh...enjoy the resort...we usually tip guard as we leave las hadas

6. walk back to karmina palace and get massages

7. after massages goto carioca bar for drinks and thank god you read this post and love mexico!!!!

here we are>>>

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2961502370066043953noVHcq

1. prior to cruise goto karmina palace website and schedule an appt for a massage at their spa...

2. once you get to manzanillo...grab cab and ask to be taken to karmina palace...$10-12

3. check into karmina palace spa and confirm massage opts.

4. then go down the road past bougainvillea restaurant and follow path past gate and walk to las Hadas...its about a 10 minute walk

4. tell the guard at las hadas you want to have breakfast at las palms restaurant...he will let you in

5. go to las palms and have a nosh...enjoy the resort...we usually tip guard as we leave las Hadas

6. walk back to karmina palace and get massages

7. after massages goto Crick bar for drinks and thank god you read this post and love Mexico!!!!

here we are>>>

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2961502370066043953noVHcq

That sounds like a good way to get out of the $30 or 300 mx fee to get into Las hadas. Is the las palmas restaurant open for lunch also? Do they require a wrist band to serve you like I saw posted for the karmina palace?

If we do need to pay the $30 or 300 mx, do you recommend credit card or cash or mx?

We went to Las Hadas on a recommendation from another Cruise Critic member, and we were totally satisfied. The beach is ok; however, the grounds and the pool are really spectacular. For the $30 we got a really nice lunch and drinks....the service was exceptional. A lot of the folks from the ship were there as well. it's about a 20 minute taxi ride to/from the resort.....well worth spending a day there.

Bring your pool towels from the ship - saves having to rent them.

Didn't see any jet ski rentals there; doesn't mean they don't have them either there or close-by.

Rick/John

This resort sounds exactly what we're looking for. Can someone give me an idea of cost for:

Beer

Wine

Soda's

Cocktails

Light Lunch

This is just so I can budget how long our vouchers will last!!!!

Cheers

Kx

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from this cruise and we went to Las Hadas as well. As someone else said, we paid $30 each to get in and were given the vouchers for food and drink. There were four of us (me, DH, DS, and DD who are both teenagers). I can't remember how much everything cost specifically, but I can tell you exactly what we ordered and it should give you a good idea of how far your vouchers will go. First, let me clarify that the Las Palmas restaurant is not open for lunch as we tried to go there. They were open right when we arrived (early in the morning), but then closed until dinner. So, we ate at the snack place that offered pool-side servce. We ordered a pizza, two orders of nachos, a burger, and a "steak kabob". The kids went through 5 Sprites total, I had four Pina Coladas, and my husband had 3-4 Daquiris (sp?). That used all of our vouchers almost exactly...we had a couple credits left over.

The beach was nice. Lots of umbrellas and chairs. The snorkeling is not good here. You can see more than some of the other Mexican ports we went to, but not worth toting around snorkel equipment. My husband swam out to the sunning/diving platform that is out in the water and saw three jelly fish from the platform.

The pool area is really nice. The pool is huge and there were plenty of lounge chairs available. There weren't very many people over all.

Someone asked out jetski rentals. They do offer this. The activities director came up to let us know what they had available and jet skis were one of them. It was $50 for 30 minutes.

One note...when we got off the ship and headed toward the exit from the dock/port area there was a man who had on a shirt that identified him as an information source for Manzanillo. We told him where we wanted to go and he offered to get us a cab. The cab driver told us he wanted $30 to take us ONE WAY. We initally agreed, but then noticed that there were other cabs further down the street. Apparently, they are only allowed to be within a certain distance from the dock. While we were waiting for our $30 cab driver I walked down to find out what the other drivers might charge. The first driver I aksed quoted us $15 one way. I flagged down the family and we went with him. In short, they guy with the "official looking" shirt on clearly had a "deal/scam" going with his partner cab driver.

We just returned from this cruise and we went to Las Hadas as well. As someone else said, we paid $30 each to get in and were given the vouchers for food and drink. There were four of us (me, DH, DS, and DD who are both teenagers). I can't remember how much everything cost specifically, but I can tell you exactly what we ordered and it should give you a good idea of how far your vouchers will go. First, let me clarify that the Las Palmas restaurant is not open for lunch as we tried to go there. They were open right when we arrived (early in the morning), but then closed until dinner. So, we ate at the snack place that offered pool-side servce. We ordered a pizza, two orders of nachos, a burger, and a "steak kabob". The kids went through 5 Sprites total, I had four Pina Coladas, and my husband had 3-4 Daquiris (sp?). That used all of our vouchers almost exactly...we had a couple credits left over.

The beach was nice. Lots of umbrellas and chairs. The snorkeling is not good here. You can see more than some of the other Mexican ports we went to, but not worth toting around snorkel equipment. My husband swam out to the sunning/diving platform that is out in the water and saw three jelly fish from the platform.

The pool area is really nice. The pool is huge and there were plenty of lounge chairs available. There weren't very many people over all.

Someone asked out jetski rentals. They do offer this. The activities director came up to let us know what they had available and jet skis were one of them. It was $50 for 30 minutes.

One note...when we got off the ship and headed toward the exit from the dock/port area there was a man who had on a shirt that identified him as an information source for Manzanillo. We told him where we wanted to go and he offered to get us a cab. The cab driver told us he wanted $30 to take us ONE WAY. We initally agreed, but then noticed that there were other cabs further down the street. Apparently, they are only allowed to be within a certain distance from the dock. While we were waiting for our $30 cab driver I walked down to find out what the other drivers might charge. The first driver I aksed quoted us $15 one way. I flagged down the family and we went with him. In short, they guy with the "official looking" shirt on clearly had a "deal/scam" going with his partner cab driver.

Thanks for the info! :)

Thanks for good information. It sounds like your teenagers also enjoyed this. However, our kids are 9 and 6. May we bring them into this resort? How long does it take to get to Las Hadas? Is there a more kid friendly alternative? Does anyone have experience with Audencia Beach and kids? Thanks for anticipated replies.

JesMil,

I think your kids would enjoy it as well. There were some younger kids at Las Hadas when we were there and they did not seem bored. Some of them got snorkel equipment from the activities desk and snorkeled in the ocean (not good snorkeling, but kids are probably okay with it). There was also a volleyball net set up in the pool. Of course, it is up to you, but if your kids just generally like being at the pool/beach and playing in the water they should be fine.

Can the taxis the go to Las Hadas accommodate 6 people? There are six of us in our group. Our friends are going too but not sure if they would like to go to Las Hadas. If they do, that will make 11 in our party (only of 4 of them adults). Are there vans for taxi? Thanks

JesMil,

I think your kids would enjoy it as well. There were some younger kids at Las Hadas when we were there and they did not seem bored. Some of them got snorkel equipment from the activities desk and snorkeled in the ocean (not good snorkeling, but kids are probably okay with it). There was also a volleyball net set up in the pool. Of course, it is up to you, but if your kids just generally like being at the pool/beach and playing in the water they should be fine.

Thanks Smokyhill Mom, I appreciate it.

Can the taxis the go to Las Hadas accommodate 6 people? There are six of us in our group. Our friends are going too but not sure if they would like to go to Las Hadas. If they do, that will make 11 in our party (only of 4 of them adults). Are there vans for taxi? Thanks

did you ever get an answer to this, i would be interested as well we have a tour guide stipulating he can get our kids in for 1/2 price or free to las hadas and 80 for round trip to there, i dont think we will go with him if cabs are this cheap. what are the prices for kids?

Anyone been to club maeva? i hear they have water slides for the kids. is it 50 for each person including the kids? is food included?

Thanks in advance for any information.

s

did you ever get an answer to this, i would be interested as well we have a tour guide stipulating he can get our kids in for 1/2 price or free to las hadas and 80 for round trip to there, i dont think we will go with him if cabs are this cheap. what are the prices for kids?

Anyone been to club maeva? i hear they have water slides for the kids. is it 50 for each person including the kids? is food included?

Thanks in advance for any information.

s

No answers yet. $80 is a little too much. If you figure it's $10 for a taxi for four. Round Trip with be only $20. It looks like the tour guide is giving you 1/2 price or free for kids but charging you on the transportation end. I think the prices for kids in Las Hadas is the same - $30. Someone can correct me. I probably would not mind paying a van driver for transportation to Las Hadas for $15-$20 each way.

Archived