How much do you spend on Drinks?

shabri

Hi There,

Just curious....For all the drinkers out there. How much is you alcohol bill-approx. cost.

When we are on vacation, we love to have drinks. Foo Foo drinks, beer, wine...you name it. Not falling down drunk though!

Trying to get a general idea.

Thanks

Here you go... http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=813

this is approx as I remember my drinks costing a bit more on the west coast. Don't forget tip and tax (when in port I think). Can get a bit pricey! I met a guy onboard the Paradise that spent $1,800 in 3 days! No idea how he did that, I told him I would've loved to have been at the bar whe n he was buying rounds!

Hi There,

Just curious....For all the drinkers out there. How much is you alcohol bill-approx. cost.

When we are on vacation, we love to have drinks.

So do I... And I had a WHOLE LOT of fun at that piano bar... :D

last-call.jpg

Probably about 100.00+ per day... :cool:

It adds up... That round above is about 76.00 (:() at 6.00 per drink (about right) + 15% gratuity...

Well on this cruise I'm putting $500 on the S&S for the week and I'm going to say about....oh ALL of that will go toward drinking. Of course on our first cruise we drank some in our room and some out in the bars. We didn't have any money on our first cruise though, only like $200 to get us through a 4 day. So we'll be drinking more this time.

Get that drink card. It's $23 and good for 5 drinks.

Far too much! But you defnitely save money by bringing your own alcohol. I just fill up a thermos with some kind of liquor and bring it to the pool. Then I get some fruit punch at the bar and mix my own drinks. :p

How much you'll spent all depends on what you're drinking and how much of it. Just for estimately purposes do $7 per drink x the number of drinks per day x the number of people x the number of days and you'll have a pretty good idea what your bill will be. 5 drinks a day times 2 people times a 7 night cruise will cost you $490.00 :)

I averaged a drink a night on the boat. But there was that bar at the beach on st. martin! they had some sorta banana rum concoction, and well i had about 8 of those, I did not realize i was drunk until i got back on the boat. I sat in the corner all night with the garbage can between my legs for just in case:D So i am not going to drink any more than that. I spent 50 dollars on the boat, 50 on all the shore stops.

I'm with Falcor.

About $100 per day. That's 1 of the reason I but 5 or 6 books of drink coupons before the cruise. Not to save money, just for the prepay option.

Of course this avg also includes Moet a couple of nights, plus a few rounds for my new found friends at the pool, at the beach, and in the piano bar.

Well on this cruise I'm putting $500 on the S&S for the week and I'm going to say about....oh ALL of that will go toward drinking. Of course on our first cruise we drank some in our room and some out in the bars. We didn't have any money on our first cruise though, only like $200 to get us through a 4 day. So we'll be drinking more this time.

Get that drink card. It's $23 and good for 5 drinks.

What is the drink card?

Hi There,

When we are on vacation, we love to have drinks. Foo Foo drinks, beer, wine...you name it. Not falling down drunk though!

Trying to get a general idea.

Thanks

Less than I want and more than I should.

What is the drink card?

the card they're referring to is the 'drink of the day card' - it's a recent promotion - where you pre-purchase 5 drinks of the day (as per the daily schedule) for a discounted rate - the previous poster quoted 23.00 (with tips included) and that sounds right but i'm not sure. it's supposed to be about 20% savings, but you have to get the drink of the day (or another drink of the day if you don't like the current selection, if i understand this correctly you can substitute)...

i'm not too excited about it and don't plan to purchase only because i don't prefer the drinks of the day... some are good, granted, but mostly too sweet and not enough substance for my taste... that said, i'll still get at least one a day just for kicks - miami vice is yummy on the deck - so i could save 5 bucks, but to me, it's not really worth the trouble...

plus, i'm not sure that with all these prepaid with tips options, the servers are getting their tips in the same way, and i want to make sure anyone serving me is covered, and then some, which i always ensure with a few bucks per order.

Our bar bill for September was around $15 for a 7 day, I had 2 drinks and DH had 1. That is usually about the norm, some cruises we had none, but don't drink at home either. But I would like to thak you all for keeping our cruise cheap. DH does not drink because of medication for high blood pressure, we are not prudes, just so you don't get on my back.

Archived