Loose stones - sale on ships

cruiserone

Does Princess still do the loose stones sale on board? I can't remember if they did it on our last cruise. One of the couples on our cruise to Alaska asked me and I did not know.

So I am asking the experts!

Thanks much..Cruiserone:D

We were on the TA this April/May and they did have the loose stones for sale..it was for one day. What was new to me was a silent auction of various items of jewelry for a 36 hour period where you could make a bid on an item (they had a minimum price) and you could win the item with the highest bid. I just looked...

We were on the Caribbean Princess this March, and they had the loose stones on sale. We bought some on one of our previous cruises, and still have not set them, as it is quite expensive to do so!

Loose stones are not costly, but setting them is! Better to puchase an article already set unless you have someone at home who can do it for you at a reasonable price.

Only you can determine if it is worth the cost of purchasing a setting for a loose stone.

MARAPRINCE

Does Princess still do the loose stones sale on board? I can't remember if they did it on our last cruise. One of the couples on our cruise to Alaska asked me and I did not know.

So I am asking the experts!

Thanks much..Cruiserone:D

We were on Sapphire Princess in April and they had them as well.

• 7 years later...

This thread is from 2009 when they sold citrine, amethyst, irradiated topaz as loose stones. Don't remember the prices but they were inexpensive. Haven't seen them for the last several years though. Princess did change their jewelry from Facets to EFFY though.

I use to purchase stones every cruise. I worked at a good jewelry store and they said they were good stones and cut well which made setting them easy and not expensive. All my daughters have beautiful stones also wife. Wish they still sold.