Triumph 05/10/09 Review With LOTS of PICS!!!

ebandive

I'm loving this review. More More More!!!!! LOL

Congrats on your graduation...and thanks for all the pics! I love this review! You and your husband are a beautiful couple! I am going Eastern for the first time in August, so I can't WAIT until you get to the ports!

I can't believe there are more crazy people on cruise critic this early! I thought I was the only one. :rolleyes::D

Tomorrow I'll bring you San Juan, with LOTS of pics so hang in there! We got back Sunday night and I went back to work Monday, so it's just taking me a bit to get them all uploaded... not to mention all the unpacking and laundry I have to do! :eek: Why can't we take our room steward's home with us?

congrats on graduating school...and thanks for taking the time to write this review so soon.....loving it....i have friends who were on that same curise that get back today....cant wait to read more....love the pics....keep it coming...

Congratulations on your graduation! I thoroughly enjoyed your review and all of the pictures. We are leaving on this ship 5.25 and can't wait. Thanks again for all of your effort.:)

Thanks! I hope you have a great trip! I should mention that our trip was the last eastern route from Miami. This week it is going Western, and then the Triumph makes her way north. I'm a bit jealous of those that are sailing out of NYC. Our waiter told us NY was his favorite port because it is just 3 blocks from downtown Manhatten. I have never been to New York... but SOME DAY I will surely cruise there!! :)

congrats on graduating school...and thanks for taking the time to write this review so soon.....loving it....i have friends who were on that same curise that get back today....cant wait to read more....love the pics....keep it coming...

Thanks for tuning in! I'll be on and off today checking in on the thread if anyone has questions/comments. I just won't have any more pics to post until tomorrow morning.

I should mention that on the first sea day I went to the pursers desk to report my disfunctioning wake up call system. Apparently I was the thing that was disfunctioning because you just press the button, there will be a dial tone, then enter the time in military time. It will beep and then you just hang up. I was hesitant about it but I used it the rest of the week and it worked great!! Like an earlier poster said... no stupid questions, just stupid people!! :o :D:D:D

Hi Erin

You have written the best review I have ever read (I think I read your last review too and I remember that was great!). Your photos are amazing and the comments very funny. Well done on what you have written so far & I can't wait to read the rest.

Hi Erin

You have written the best review I have ever read (I think I read your last review too and I remember that was great!). Your photos are amazing and the comments very funny. Well done on what you have written so far & I can't wait to read the rest.

Thanks for the nice comment! My goal is to help you feel like you are along for the cruise! :)

For anyone that is interested, the link to my other review is in my signature.

OK I have a bit of time to begin day 3 (Tuesday). It was a half sea day... we arrived in San Juan at 5:00 pm.

We got up about 9:00 again and went up to Lido for breakfast. It was overcast and yukky out so we went to the sheltered deck 3 to do some reading.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Deck 9 Fwd:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The sun was really trying to break through the clouds.

ry%3D480

The only bad thing about deck 9 fwd is that it gets very windy up there. In fact there was almost always a sign on the exit that said "Exit closed due to high winds" but we ignored it. The sign was up when we were docked in Miami so we figured someone just forgot to take it down.

Next to the bench out front there is actually a little stairwell that goes up to another little fwd deck on 10. This stairwell proved to be a great place that blocked the wind, but we still had a great veiw sitting on one of the steps. It was a great spot at night too, just to sit and look at the moon in complete quiet.

ry%3D480

The veiw from where we were seated in the stairs:

ry%3D480

Ugh! Icky day!

ry%3D480

This was a really nice laid back day despite the rain. It really forced us to relax. We spent a lot of time reading, or just watching TV in the room. We went to tea time again at 3:00 but the desserts just weren't as good as the first day. The lemon tea hit the spot. Then we went back out to our deck 9 fwd deck to watch us pull into San Juan. I was really looking forward to sailing past El Morro.

ry%3D480

The rain was pouring in the distance but we were somewhat sheltered in our stairwell.

ry%3D480

We stayed out as long as we could, but as the down pour drew closer we ran inside the doorway. We then watched through the little window in the door.

ry%3D480

erin, i've seen the thread but cant remember, can you tell us how you got to the "secret" door? lol.. we want to go up and check it out... thanks

Sure it's really easy. Just go up to deck 9, and face toward the front of the ship. Select the hallway on the left side, and walk all the way forward. There is a door there that you can't miss. In fact, deck 10, 6, and 7 also have a door but I think deck 9 is the best because it is the only one that juts out over the bridge.

Out little window wasn't ideal, but it did provide a decent vantage point.

ry%3D480

El Morro:

ry%3D480

THe rain lightened up for a moment so I ran outside and snapped a pic.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I had no set plans for San Juan except to walk around... so I had no idea what we were going to do now. I read that on Tuesday nights in San Juan at the other fort/castle San Cristobol they have some sort of show that is included in the cost of admission, which is only a few dollars admission. I figured that the show would probably be canceled. And since we were arriving late in the day the forts would be closing soon anyways and we didn't want to head out right then in the middle of the rain. We decided to go up to Lido and get an early dinner and try to wait it out a bit. While we were up there I snapped this picture of the mural in the buffet. It's really cool how they make it out of tiny tiles.

ry%3D480

I remember I had a panini and Charlie made fun of me for getting something that I could easily make at home. But it just tastes SO much better when someone makes it for you on a cruise ship! :D

Since we were killing time, I snapped a few more pics of the atrium.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

This is the art gallery on deck 2. It is the lowest point of the atrium. Our room was just behind the wall on the left hand side. It was a great location to be so close to the elevators.

ry%3D480

Excellent review and photos!

And you are quite the self-portrait taker!! My boyfriend and I are always doing the same thing. I agree with your husband... a self-portrait wall would be fantastic!

I can't wait to read more.

I don't really understand sober karaoke. I love drunken karaoke, but when people are sober and really truly trying to sing it's just not as much fun to laugh at them. :D

thats hilarious , and just plain true happy0188.gif

dave

I'm sailing out of NYC in a few weeks on the Triumph and have been waiting for an awesome review like yours to come along! Your review has been the BEST review I've read on any ship so far! :) Great job! Love the pics & commentary!

(Carnival should pay you for promoting this ship so well) :D

I don't really understand sober karaoke. I love drunken karaoke, but when people are sober and really truly trying to sing it's just not as much fun to laugh at them. :D

dave

I must agree LOL. I have sang at karaoke hundreds of times and it's never that much fun unless I'm drunk! (That goes for listening AND singing)

I'm loving all of the pictures. We are about to book a cruise on Triumph and the pictures are helping us see what the ship looks like and is making us comfortable with our decision to book that ship.

Looking forward to the rest.

dave

I'm sailing out of NYC in a few weeks on the Triumph and have been waiting for an awesome review like yours to come along! Your review has been the BEST review I've read on any ship so far! :) Great job! Love the pics & commentary!

(Carnival should pay you for promoting this ship so well) :D

I'm loving all of the pictures. We are about to book a cruise on Triumph and the pictures are helping us see what the ship looks like and is making us comfortable with our decision to book that ship.

Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! I really do apprecciate it!

ebandive,

Thanks ever so much for postings all those great photos! I have attempted to send some of the ship's interior photos to a friend who will be sailing with me in October who has not been on this ship before. I am curious to see how the drydock improvements have changed the ship.

MARAPRINCE

Congrats on finishing nursing school,that's great!!!! What kind of camera do you have? Great pictures! I was on the Triumph 2 years ago and I love her,I think she may be my favorite ship!

The books you and your husband are reading,did you like it? Did he like his version? I ask cause me and my dh are reading books something like that as well, called The Power Of a Praying Wife,which he brought for me and I brought the Husband version for him. Excellent reads!

Okay,i'm rambling,can't wait for more of your review!:p

ebandive,

Thanks ever so much for postings all those great photos! I have attempted to send some of the ship's interior photos to a friend who will be sailing with me in October who has not been on this ship before. I am curious to see how the drydock improvements have changed the ship.

MARAPRINCE

I know that they added the seaside theatre during drydock, but I'm not sure what else they did. The ship seemed in great shape.

I thought the continent pool made waves. Did you see that on your trip?

Only when the ship was rocking from side to side!

Congrats on finishing nursing school,that's great!!!! What kind of camera do you have? Great pictures! I was on the Triumph 2 years ago and I love her,I think she may be my favorite ship!

The books you and your husband are reading,did you like it? Did he like his version? I ask cause me and my dh are reading books something like that as well, called The Power Of a Praying Wife,which he brought for me and I brought the Husband version for him. Excellent reads!

Okay,i'm rambling,can't wait for more of your review!

I use a Canon Powershot, 8 MP. It's a pretty decent camera for a great price.

We did both like the books. Actually Charlie had heard about them somewhere and it was his idea to do them together. I think the biggest benefit was going through our own book first and underlining what we felt was important. We've had plenty of continual minor arguements that these books were able to put into words so the other person understood. A couple chapters were a bit hard for me to swallow... but it really did improve our relationship.

OK I'm going to try to finish San Juan, Puerto Rico.

It was still lightly drizzling about an hour later but I insisted that we get off the ship while we still had daylight. I'm glad we did because the rain stopped almost right away.

We had no idea where we were going. We just walked this way and that until we found something interesting.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I LOVED the cobblestone... since it was wet it looked almost blue! It was beautiful!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Archived