recycling clothing among cc members

I have thought about it. The dress is a bit big on me and my latest migraine medication is making me drop more weight. I have a back up that fits be much better. I do however see your point completely and I am very appreciative for your thoughtful input.

I've lent things and one item brand new, never worn. My closet is always open to my friends but there was no shipping back and forth.

I would just hate to see the possibility of getting burnt on such a kind offer. I always think of the expression, "no good deed goes unpunished". ;) I lent maternity clothes to two different friends. One returned them in appalling condition and the other didn't return them at all.

Of course, the ultimate decision is up to you.:)

I have thought about it. The dress is a bit big on me and my latest migraine medication is making me drop more weight. I have a back up that fits be much better. I do however see your point completely and I am very appreciative for your thoughtful input.

HI Browneyedgirl,

I apologize for being mean to you in my other post. There were some ladies who said they would be posting somthing but they never did :rolleyes::(.

Like you, I was going to loan out my gowns, dresses, shoes and handbags. I changed my mind for the same reason as Iheartbda has indicated. I have posted many items on here since 2009. I can tell you this; there are quite a few people who are on my black list.

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Do you like Sparkly ??? as I may have some that I can post ... Dave is working this weekend so I am going to clean out the closets :-) I think I even have some with tags still on lol ... I had lost weight and then gained when I got sick and am now losing again so I want to relook at what I can post :-)

Hi treblmakr

I was not sure if you were still looking for items but if you could let me know :) ... I am finally able to go up and down the stairs to the computer so I should be able to take some pics this weekend :) I had popped my Achilles's tendon and then dislocated my knee so I was out of commission for a while ... Have a good rest of your day ahead ... Cathie

Hi treblmakr

I was not sure if you were still looking for items but if you could let me know :) ... I am finally able to go up and down the stairs to the computer so I should be able to take some pics this weekend :) I had popped my Achilles's tendon and then dislocated my knee so I was out of commission for a while ... Have a good rest of your day ahead ... Cathie

Darn it! I did it again :D. Cathie, I did not mean you, I meant other people. The lady who said she will be posting something as soon as her son would take his nap. I waited for her post; perhaps she might post the Tony Bowl gown and matching earrings I sent her in 2011. To this day I still wondering if she ever received them :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:???

Hope you are feeling better.

Marie

Darn it! I did it again :D. Cathie, I did not mean you, I meant other people. The lady who said she will be posting something as soon as her son would take his nap. I waited for her post; perhaps she might post the Tony Bowl gown and matching earrings I sent her in 2011. To this day I still wondering if she ever received them :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:???

Marie

Marie, I think it is so sad that someone wouldn't acknowledge that they received items that you took the time to offer and send to them... I can understand how that must feel. I sent out things (more casual items) to three or four indivuals and received thank you emails from each and even pics of them wearing the items. I can't imagine how I would feel if I sent a gorgeous gown and didn't hear that they even received it.

I think what you do is amazing and I'm in awe of your generousity!

I hope your foot is healing well and you are feeling better.

Debbie

I think it is very rude for people not letting you know when they received their items. If someone gives something away at least the recipient should send a thank you note. You offered someone some items, took out the time to send the things, and people should be more appreciative of others generousity.

Silvia

I think it is very rude for people not letting you know when they received their items. If someone gives something away at least the recipient should send a thank you note. You offered someone some items, took out the time to send the things, and people should be more appreciative of others generousity.

Silvia

I agree. I also think it would be nice that the one that receives the check for the postage let's the person know that it was received. JMO ;)

Hi treblmakr

Hi Cathie,

I just saw this. Yes, I am still interested, thanks for asking. Sorry for your injury, I'm glad you are feeling better.

I was able to find a home for the black dress I posted with Lucy for her Goddaughter. If you are still looking for 18/20w, I might have something in another closet that I need to clean out.

My first experience here was very nice and I am awaiting pics of Lucy's girls in the dresses I sent!

Thanks again!

Suz

I can tell you this; there are quite a few people who are on my black list.

Marie

Marie,

I hope I am not one of them. Did you get my card (I was a little worried about the envelope making it through the postal system)?

Kathi

I agree. I also think it would be nice that the one that receives the check for the postage let's the person know that it was received. JMO ;)

Well, I was just guilty of this. When I received the check/payment, I wasn't near a computer, and I work full time running a business and have a busy life (meaning I'm stressed out) :eek: - I forgot to follow up that I received the postage reimbursement. (I stuck it in my wallet and haven't even deposited it yet because I forgot about it!) But not letting someone know I received the clothing and thanking them is very different in my eyes.

Quite honestly, for me, even if I didn't receive the postage $$, I'm not sure if I would even inquire about it again either. Just too busy and not something I'm willing to spend time tracking down. So far, no issues with that, thankfully.

Debbie

Edited by Debinnova
typo

Marie

Marie :)

no problems ..... I did not take it to mean me as I know you have had some problems with some rude people in the past ... They should be thankful that they rec'd one of your beautiful gowns !!!! .... but I still wanted to let the girls know that I was planning on posting some full figure items .... Dave is working on the weekend so I should have the computer to myself lol and I can get something posted .... I wish they were as lovely as your gowns :) but either way I hope they find a good home somewhere as they are just sitting in my closet

Have a wonderful weekend !!

Cat

So I've been reading/stalking this thread for a little while now and have to admit that I'm getting hooked.

Just wanted to make sure I am clear on how this works. If we have something to offer, we just post it with a picture...someone says they want it...we mail it...and they send $ for the postage. Yes?

And the reverse is true... we see something we like...say "me, me, me"...and mail a check for postage. Yes?

Thanks for the feedback...

:D

This I totally agree with. I sent a bank draft for postage and have no clue if it was ever received at the other end. How long do I need to hold onto the receipt for the bank draft? I could have sent a cheque, but being in Canada I felt a bank draft in American funds was the better way to go, but now I've no way of tracking it like a cheque.

CJ

So I've been reading/stalking this thread for a little while now and have to admit that I'm getting hooked.

Just wanted to make sure I am clear on how this works. If we have something to offer, we just post it with a picture...someone says they want it...we mail it...and they send $ for the postage. Yes?

And the reverse is true... we see something we like...say "me, me, me"...and mail a check for postage. Yes?

Thanks for the feedback...

:D

You got it! I must say it is a nice feeling whichever side of the deal you are on.

So happy I came across this thread!

So I have probably half a dozen very nice dresses worn once or maybe twice by my daughters. These would be very slim sizes, probably between a size 4 and a size 7 US. I don't know if anyone is interested in dresses that small, but here goes. I have a picture of one of the dresses:

wedding134.jpg

I would estimate my daughter was a size 5 at the time of the picture. The gown has a lace-up back and may fit up to size 7 depending on how endowed you are. The dress comes with a matching wrap. I'd be thrilled if anyone is interested in this gown.

In addition, there is another long dress in about this same size. The dress is a darker cream and looks like a 1920's style dress with a little collar. My daughter picked it because it was just like the girl in some movie set in the 1920's wore. If anyone is also interested in this dress, just let me know and I will grab a picture.

Please email me at MRestil@mail.com if interested.

So I have probably half a dozen very nice dresses worn once or maybe twice by my daughters. These would be very slim sizes, probably between a size 4 and a size 7 US. I don't know if anyone is interested in dresses that small, but here goes. I have a picture of one of the dresses:

wedding134.jpg

I would estimate my daughter was a size 5 at the time of the picture. The gown has a lace-up back and may fit up to size 7 depending on how endowed you are. The dress comes with a matching wrap. I'd be thrilled if anyone is interested in this gown.

In addition, there is another long dress in about this same size. The dress is a darker cream and looks like a 1920's style dress with a little collar. My daughter picked it because it was just like the girl in some movie set in the 1920's wore. If anyone is also interested in this dress, just let me know and I will grab a picture.

What a beautiful dress and beautiful young lady! I am sure there is someone here who can use it for herself or a daughter.

wedding134.jpg

I sent you an email :) Thanks for offering the dresses. Debbie N