How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

I feel giddy....oh so giddy - Leaving tomorrow!:):D:cool:

Don't hold back Peg! Tell us how you really feel!:D

Hope you and the Shiek ( and family) have a great time!

Edited by LOWTYD

Leaving a week from Sunday! Holloween At Sea!

Bill(DrFootball)

"Forget about your troubles folks, It's all about Good Rock & Roll, Frying Tires, and Football…" Coach Jerry Glanville

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Im so excited when im about to book! but I feel just as excited about any vacation, and all apsects of the vacation, the hotels, days out, nights out, pictures of hot tubs, you tube videos , I just love planning and cant really relax untill ive booked my flight, cruise, hotels. Then I get a bit bored and the excitement dwindles a bit, but when ever im talking about it im happy again. I need to have something to look foward to.

The best moment is driving to the port and seeing the ship for the first time!

The best moment is driving to the port and seeing the ship for the first time!

I love that moment too! I also love the sound of the first "bing bong" when I board. Watching a youtube video of a cabin tour recently and I couldn't believe how happy that sound in the background made me. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Nor'easter certainly put a damper on my giddyness last week. Hard to be giddy when you are shivering and can't do laundry or iron so you can pack! (I still managed to be a tiny bit giddy. ;)) But I am now back to full-fledged, ever-growing GIDDY!!!! Fully packed and beyond excited to be down to single digits on my countdown clock. And we fly out in 5 days!!! Woo hoo!!! :D

I am beyond giddy when it comes to the cruise. You would never know I'm a grown man. We leave Saturday morning for the airport, fly to Tampa, and then board the Star on Sunday.

It's a good thing that I'm self-employed because any other boss would have fired my ass by now. I've just spent the morning watching cruising videos and reading reviews. That's about all I'll do all week.

I've always been uneasy when it comes to flying. Airports make me feel the same way, I don't know why. So once I get my luggage off the carousel in Tampa and get outside those doors and take a breath of that humid Florida air...*sigh*...then I can relax.

I am beyond giddy when it comes to the cruise. You would never know I'm a grown man. We leave Saturday morning for the airport, fly to Tampa, and then board the Star on Sunday.

It's a good thing that I'm self-employed because any other boss would have fired my ass by now. I've just spent the morning watching cruising videos and reading reviews. That's about all I'll do all week.

I've always been uneasy when it comes to flying. Airports make me feel the same way, I don't know why. So once I get my luggage off the carousel in Tampa and get outside those doors and take a breath of that humid Florida air...*sigh*...then I can relax.

I love that *sigh* moment!! :D Have a wonderful cruise!!

At approximately 15 months out, I'm not "giddy" but in a state of sustained cheerful anticipation. It helps that we have a lively Roll Call thread already for this February 2013 NOLA Mardi Gras plus Valentine's Day cruise, and we're making new shipboard friends in advance! :D

Wow, this is an old thread so worthy of ressurecting!!! Thanks Mooder, you're the best.

My cruise is 4 weeks away and I'm nearly impossible to work with at this point in time. Everything reminds me of my cruise. I talk about it with everyone, whether they are interested or not;)

I'm not sure I will even be able to stand myself in 30 days time when we are on the 'hour' countdown for the plane trip:eek:

I'm giddy now:D:D

I love that moment too! I also love the sound of the first "bing bong" when I board. Watching a youtube video of a cabin tour recently and I couldn't believe how happy that sound in the background made me. :D

I'm so glad DH and I are not the only ones! We were doing the same thing last week, and both looked at each other when we heard that sound, and just smiled the HUGEST smiles. Hearing it somehow made the video much more "real".

Now, as far as the giddy timeframe, well, we start getting giddy the instant we make our reservation... no matter how far out we've booked.

Any time you have a cruise booked, that's cause enough to be giddy!!!!! :D:D:D

In Aug. 2009 I had 3 cruises booked - one in Sept. 2009, one for Jan. 2010, and one for Oct. 2010. I was OVER-THE-TOP giddy then. I always wanted to maintain that high, but it just wasn't possible to keep booking another cruise, so there would be 3 on the horizon.

Thank you for starting this thread. LOL for the "Giddy Yup" joke.

Ugh. I know I posted here yesterday, and here I am posting again. Just trying to kill time, I guess.

This video of the Star

just makes me feel like a kid at Christmas. I know I shouldn't be watching it, but I can't help myself. I wish there was more videos like this. It's fairly well done. If we could just get it done for all ships for all cruiselines and the world will be a better place.

I love the music, especially the 2nd song that kicks in at about 3:15. That song pretty much sums up any family vacation I've ever took...beginning from when I was a kid heading somewhere with my parents and my older brothers and continuing right up until today.

Edited by rajones007