How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

Thanks Mooder... This is me to a "T".... glad to know there are others out there who share these feelings :D

JJ

My pattern:

1. I get very excited just before and after booking. Definitely giddy.

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

• 1 year later...

I'm sailing in exactly a week and I keep thinking:

In a week, at this exact time (10:15) I should be arriving at the terminal.

In a week, at this exact time (12:00) I should be boarding the ship.

In a week, at this exact time (12:25) I should be having lunch in Cagney's

It will be a LONG week

One week before. I don't get nervous as I plan extensively.

All the planning in the world - and I do a lot - doesn't keep me from getting nervous the night before. I wish it did. But morning of, I'm giddy again! Just like now. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
Thanks Mooder... This is me to a "T".... glad to know there are others out there who share these feelings :D

JJ

This is so me, as well!!! I usually book just a few months out, if that, but this time I booked 9 whole months out and I'm going insane!! Thank God for CC! This is my first repeat ship, so I already know what to expect, but I still can't help it!

Edited by AEckhardt

I am sure I have answered this in the past but when I see the ship from the West Side Highway it hits. Of course that is if I am sailing from NY. Otherwise, when the plane lands wherever I am sailing from. I am right in the middle of packing now and I am not giddy at all. I am more annoyed at myself. I am about to try on my bathing suits . :(