How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

Call me a loser, but I am not sailing for another year, and I am starting to get giddy. My husband and I will be sailing with another couple, and whenever we get together, it seems to always be a topic of discussion. So I guess there is no set time for when a person gets giddy over a cruise.

I have a count-down clock on my phone.....been running since day 550! Now we're down to T-166! It's been a loooong countdown but it keeps me sane during a terrible day at work! Am I giddy - you betcha!!!:cool: I pull that beautiful little thing out of my pocket at least 100 times a day just to remind me why I work so flippin' hard!;)

Over a week to go and I've already started to go lame. Good thing I'm not a surgeon or air traffic controller. I just keep drifting into thoughts of meeting the fine roll call folk, escaping the daily grind and getting the DW GV pampering action going.

We bought new snorkel gear and we're going to the dive shop tonight for a lesson in their pool. Don't really need the lesson but it's like "practice cruising" and another layer in anticipation and giddiness !!!! Yeah

.... 2 weeks today and we'll be on onboard!!!

We bought new snorkel gear and we're going to the dive shop tonight for a lesson in their pool. Don't really need the lesson but it's like "practice cruising" and another layer in anticipation and giddiness !!!! Yeah

.... 2 weeks today and we'll be on onboard!!!

What a great way to get in vacation mode early! :)

I have been giddy since the day I booked. Now, I am just annoying to everyone I meet and tell them I am going!

Way toooooo excited. I thought it would never get here. Now when I open up my computer calendar is shows two weeks at a time and I see we will already be on board!

Two weeks from today I will be in Miami waiting to board!!!

I've officially left the long, enjoyable giddy phase of my cruise planning. :(:o Unfortunately, it has come a day early. I usually start to stress the day, and especially the night before, and I am doing it already. We leave Saturday! I may not survive 2 days of stress! Once the luggage is in the car and we hit the road to the airport, giddy will return. But I'm impossible to live with until then as I deal with all the last minute details. I literally wonder why I vacation at this point. :mad: :rolleyes::eek:

I'm counting on CruiseCritic to keep me sane these last two days! :D

I've officially left the long, enjoyable giddy phase of my cruise planning. :(:o Unfortunately, it has come a day early. I usually start to stress the day, and especially the night before, and I am doing it already. We leave Saturday! I may not survive 2 days of stress! Once the luggage is in the car and we hit the road to the airport, giddy will return. But I'm impossible to live with until then as I deal with all the last minute details. I literally wonder why I vacation at this point. :mad: :rolleyes::eek:

I'm counting on CruiseCritic to keep me sane these last two days! :D

Deep breaths!!! You're going to have a wonderful time! You'll be on your way before you know it!!!

My pattern:

1. I get very excited just before and after booking. Definitely giddy.

2. Then I level out to a general enjoyment of the boards and researching ports and excursions. This phase can last months.

3. Now, at about three weeks out, I am almost feeling grumpy because it will just never get here. I try to deal with it by being online and making up my packing list. But it all seems hollow right now.

4. The week before I will be very up and excited and packing. That is another GIDDY phase!

5. The night before I am a wreck. I feel awful, knots in stomach, worrying about what I forgot to pack, worrying about timing, feeling it will never happen and wondering why I EVER go on vacation and swearing I never will again. (I know, I am just a tad moody.)

6. The morning of, I let all that worrying go and have a wonderful time no matter what. DEFINITELY GIDDY!!! :D

It's like you're reading my mind. This is pretty much exactly my pattern! :D

After 10 cruises I gotta say its starting to get a little ho-hum as far as the pre-cruise goes. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the sea and the sun. Relaxing on the beaches and so on but I don't get as antsy anymore. OTOH, I'm not as grumpy afterwards either. I remember after our first couple of cruises you wonder if you'll ever be able to do that again and its tough to get motivated to do anything. Now, we almost always have 2 booked so I know another one is just a few months away.

I was all giddy until I tried on my "cruise clothes." With exception to my shoes, nothing fits. :o

coka

As we are going to be in the Caribbean and are beach bound next week I had to have bathing suits. I tried something new, I bought two piece bathing suits but got the bottoms in the maternity section!! Oh, they fit so much better!!!! Gotta love target!