AOS Aug. 2nd. Beach help.

We are cruising on the AOS Southern itin. in Aug. This will be our 2nd. time to these ports and the last time we did the city tourist route. This time we would like to visit a beach in each port. Could someone suggest a beach in each port that we should absolutly not miss visiting if we could only visit only one in each port. Thank you in advance. The ports are- Barbados, St. John. St Lucia, St. Croix and St. Martin. Thanks again;

We'll be on the same cruise and have always found that the beach breaks that RCL has on their Shore Excursion list are great! The only possible exception is Orient Beach on St. Maartin...always crowded. We're doing the Carambola Beach Break in St. Croix, Ultimate Adventure in Antigua, & Beach Break in St. Lucia.

Thanks-Pulled the excursions for the web site and there are 135 of them,so I guess I have to do some reading. At least we have 2 months. If anyone else has any ideas for can't miss beaches I would love to hear from you.

Get a guidebook on your ports. Many beaches are soooo easy to do on your own...it seems silly to pay for an excursion when a short cab/bus ride will get you there. A guidebook will tell you about all of the beaches, transportation, costs, amenities (restrooms, food, drink, rentals, etc...) so you can pick the beach best suited for your party.

You can save a bundle by doing beaches on your own!

We are cruising on the AOS Southern itin. in Aug. This will be our 2nd. time to these ports and the last time we did the city tourist route. This time we would like to visit a beach in each port. Could someone suggest a beach in each port that we should absolutly not miss visiting if we could only visit only one in each port. Thank you in advance. The ports are- Barbados, St. John. St Lucia, St. Croix and St. Martin. Thanks again;

All we ever do is go to the beach, so I can give you my opinion as a place to start.

Barbados - We love The Boatyard. Close to the terminal - $3 pp to get there. $30 for 2 people - gets you 2 chairs, umbrella, 2 drinks and a ride back to the ship. Beautiful powdery white sand, gorgeous beach, water that is wonderful. Have also hear Accra is nice and we might try it next time, but Boatyard has a nice bar, has a restaurant, clean bathrooms, and a small gift store.

St John - Cinnamon Bay - oh my God - unbelievable. Was just there in April. IMHO - a million times better than Trunk Bay. We loved it there, snorkeling was fantastic.

St Lucia - Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. Gorgeous Beach, great parasailing, calm water, in a cove so just beautiful.

St Martin - has long as a little topless and nudity doesn't bother you - then the place to go is Orient. Best people watching beach ever, lots of little shops, bars, restaurants. tons of water sports, gorgeous beach and water. We love it there.

No need to take any boat excursions. You can grab a cab to any of these beaches. Most of the time the cab drive will ask you what time to come back and pick you up. If not, cabs come and go to these beaches all the time.

Have a great time:D

I just got back from AOS on the Barbados route.

St. Lucia- We took the excursion through R.C. to Wharfs beach. It was very quiet and if you like shells and sea glass.. we found a ton!

St. Martin- We took a cab to Orient beach.. very beautiful!

St. Lucia- We did the excursion to Vincent Mason. It was very quiet, beautiful. We were told by the excursion desk that they don't have chairs, but when we got there, they had new chairs, floats for the water.. and a water trampoline. They also provided water and granola bars. We could spend all day there.. they had buses going every 40 minutes back to the port. We really loved this excursion.

All we ever do is go to the beach, so I can give you my opinion as a place to start.

Barbados - We love The Boatyard. Close to the terminal - $3 pp to get there. $30 for 2 people - gets you 2 chairs, umbrella, 2 drinks and a ride back to the ship. Beautiful powdery white sand, gorgeous beach, water that is wonderful. Have also hear Accra is nice and we might try it next time, but Boatyard has a nice bar, has a restaurant, clean bathrooms, and a small gift store.

St John - Cinnamon Bay - oh my God - unbelievable. Was just there in April. IMHO - a million times better than Trunk Bay. We loved it there, snorkeling was fantastic.

St Lucia - Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. Gorgeous Beach, great parasailing, calm water, in a cove so just beautiful.

St Martin - has long as a little topless and nudity doesn't bother you - then the place to go is Orient. Best people watching beach ever, lots of little shops, bars, restaurants. tons of water sports, gorgeous beach and water. We love it there.

No need to take any boat excursions. You can grab a cab to any of these beaches. Most of the time the cab drive will ask you what time to come back and pick you up. If not, cabs come and go to these beaches all the time.

Have a great time:D

Thanks so much for posting this! I'd love to just go to the beach at every port. DH and the kids want to do other things, as well......but I've been looking for information like this for our beach day! Thanks again!

cookie man, I just got back from this itinerary this past Sunday. It's a great cruise. I wanted to mention a correction to your listed itinerary, it's Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. John's, Antigua (not to be confused with the island of St. John); Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Fredriksted, St. Croix. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you wouldn't be cruising to the island of St. John.

A couple of beaches that I like are Orient Beach in St. Maarten/St.Martin and Malibu Beach in Barbados (right at the door of the Malibu Rum factory).

I just tried the Carambola Beach Break excursion offered by the cruiseline in St. Croix and wasn't too impressed. It wasn't real bad, just wasn't real great, either.

Archived