TA won't file form for ES price drop!

thelmalou

There has been a huge price drop for our cruise (booked Early Saver), but since I booked through a travel agent, I can't apply for the OBC credit myself. The TA has to do it.

I called TA, but they've put me off for days.... "We'll check on it. "... They keep saying things like that the price given for "Pack and Go" last minute deal doesn't count (but "we'll check on it") or that I would probably have to upgrade my cabins to get the OBC. (but "we'll check on it.") Baloney!

I finally got them to admit that if they rebook me at the lower price, they will have to send Carnival some of their commission back and that they would be "upside down" and lose money. It's so frustrating since I can't file for the price drop myself, I'm at their mercy. They said that the only way they would file it is if I pay them an extra $200+ to cover their "losses". What can I do?

There has been a huge price drop for our cruise (booked Early Saver), but since I booked through a travel agent, I can't apply for the OBC credit myself. The TA has to do it.

I called TA, but they've put me off for days.... "We'll check on it. "... They keep saying things like that the price given for "Pack and Go" last minute deal doesn't count (but "we'll check on it") or that I would probably have to upgrade my cabins to get the OBC. (but "we'll check on it.") Baloney!

I finally got them to admit that if they rebook me at the lower price, they will have to send Carnival some of their commission back and that they would be "upside down" and lose money. It's so frustrating since I can't file for the price drop myself, I'm at their mercy. They said that the only way they would file it is if I pay them an extra $200+ to cover their "losses". What can I do?

Use this as a life lesson and book direct with Carnival next time. :rolleyes:

without sounding rude does that tell you anything about the ta you have booked. can you transfer your booking to another ta elsewhere of to a carnival pvp?

Transfer your booked to a PVP....problem solved.

It is YOUR money and your booking...and if this TA doesn't want your business take it elsewhere...immediately!

OMG that is horrid. Do they have it in their contract that they will apply for any future discounts etc? Is this an online agency or a local one? As far as them being upside down and losing money that is bull~! They are paid a comission on your booking and never ever does an agency lose money booking for a customer.

How far out from the cruise are you? I'm curious as to wether or not you can cancel your booking with the TA and eat that $50 pp cancellation fee that comes with ES. By doing that you could rebook directly with Carnival and save yourself the added money?

Have you spoken to the owner of the agency you are booked with? I'm done booking with agents at this point and this is just another example of why the ES and TA's aren't always the better deal.

i would report them to carnival.. see what they say

Guest nhrich

I'll bet $200 is more than the commission they'd have to pay back. If they'd lose money, it's because their business model is bad, as they'd still get commission on what you are paying.

I dont know if this helps or is relevant but interesting..

https://www.bookccl.com/LogIn/default.asp

(click travel agency policy)

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 1 of 8

Carnival Cruise Lines, a division of Carnival Corporation (“Carnival”), has established this Travel Agency Policy (this “Policy”) for the advertisement, marketing, selling and booking of, and payment for, cruises offered by Carnival and the use of Carnival’s intellectual property, including without limitation trademarks, copyright material, imagery and ship photography (collectively, “Carnival’s Property”), whether as used and/or registered by Carnival or whether a variance thereof, whether used on the Internet, in print material or otherwise. Each individual, company, travel agency, travel intermediary and travel distributor that books, sells or distributes cruise accommodations offered by Carnival (collectively referred to as “Travel Agencies” and individually, “Travel Agency”), including without limitation (i) those who have agreements in place with Carnival, including but not limited to travel agency agreements, commission letters, national account sales agreements, marketing agreements and commission agreements (collectively, the “Travel Agency Agreements”), (ii) those who use the Internet to market and/or enable the booking, sale or distribution of cruise accommodations and their affiliates and (iii) those with whom they enter into business arrangements (to the extent permitted under the terms of the Travel Agency Agreement) regarding the advertising, marketing, sale and/or distribution of Carnival’s products from time to time, must comply with this Policy, which may be amended by Carnival, in its sole discretion, from time to time. Travel Agency agrees and acknowledges that it is an agent of its respective customers. Travel Agency is not an agent of Carnival, other than as may be applicable with respect to certain General Sales Agents in non-U.S. jurisdictions, in which case the underlying Travel Agency Agreement will specifically set forth such agency relationship. Nothing in this Policy shall be deemed to give Travel Agent the right, license, authorization or approval to make bookings with Carnival or to receive any commission or any other payments directly or indirectly from Carnival, as the terms of any such payment or commission must be set forth in an underlying Travel Agency Agreement between Carnival and Travel Agent. It is understood that individual consumers booking Carnival cruises for themselves and/or for others and who are not receiving any commission or payments from Carnival are not “Travel Agents” hereunder.

If and when Carnival modifies this Policy (including but not limited to the “Advertised Pricing Policy” set forth herein), which modifications will become effective immediately unless otherwise specified therein, an updated version of this Policy will be posted at www.bookccl.com and may, in Carnival’s discretion, also be communicated by Internet publication and/or distribution in print under memo or by letter, by facsimile or by e-mail. By making bookings with Carnival and/or entering into a Travel Agency Agreement with Carnival, you agree to all of the terms, obligations and restrictions of this Policy. The terms of this Policy will survive the termination of the underlying Travel Agency Agreement.

I. TRADEMARKS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RESTRICTIONS

Carnival’s Property includes the following:

“Carnival”, “Carnival Cruise Lines”, “Carnival Cruises”, “CCL”, “Today’s Carnival”, “Carnival's Got the Fun!”, “Your Kind of Fun”, “Camp Carnival” and its design, the Reverse-C Logo or Crescent design, the Ship Funnel design, “Fun Ship”, “the Fun Ships”, “The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line”, “Currents”, “Carnival Comfort Bed”, “Carnival Concierge Club”, “Fun OnLine”, “Club Carnival”, “Fly Aweigh”, “FunPass”, “The Vacation People”, “What's Your Idea of Fun?”, Carnival’s ships names (Carnival Destiny, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Legend, Carnival Pride, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Valor, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Sensation, Celebration, Holiday, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Elation, Carnival Victory, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic), “Spa Carnival”, “Carnival Capers”, “Ocean Players Club” and design, “Skipper’s Club”, “The Carnival Vacation Store”, “Carnival’s Vacation Guarantee”, “Carnival’s Cruise Vacation Protection Plan”, “Fun Vision”, “FunShipPay”, “Sail & Sign”, “Club 02”, “Total Choice Dining”, “Festivale” and any and all Carnival trademarks and Carnival imagery used in Carnival’s web sites and in Carnival’s fleet brochures and other Carnival print material from time to time.

Travel Agency is not authorized to use any of Carnival’s Property or any mark resembling any of Carnival’s Property as part of its corporate, business or trade names, nor in advertising, nor to give the appearance of identifying its own businesses and programs, nor elsewhere without first obtaining the prior written approval of Carnival, unless such advertisement or other material is provided by Carnival to Travel Agency for an express purpose, and, in that case,

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 2 of 8

Carnival’s Property shall only be used in the exact form provided by Carnival. Travel Agencies may not use Carnival’s Property in any part of a domain name without the express, prior, written consent of an officer of Carnival.

Travel Agency is not permitted to list in any telephone or other directory under the heading “Carnival” or “Carnival Cruise Lines” or anything deceptively similar thereto without first obtaining the prior written approval of Carnival. Travel Agency may not use Carnival’s Property in a manner that would appear to identify programs developed by Travel Agency, particularly discount programs and “specials” that Carnival has not expressly authorized, offered, promoted or endorsed. Travel Agency may not use Carnival’s Property directly adjacent to or in combination with any word(s) not expressly authorized by Carnival, particularly Travel Agency’s corporate and business names.

To the extent that Carnival permits Travel Agency to use any of Carnival’s Property, Travel Agency may only use that part of Carnival’s Property as has been approved by Carnival and solely to promote Carnival’s products and the sale of its cruises. Travel Agency may not act in any way which might, in Carnival’s sole discretion, impair, infringe or dilute any part of Carnival’s right and title in Carnival’s Property or its right to use Carnival’s Property. Travel Agency may not at any time do or cause to be done any act contesting any of Carnival’s Property. Travel Agency is not permitted in any manner to represent or to give the impression that it has any ownership rights in Carnival’s Property, including by virtue of domain name registration, or that it is affiliated with or sponsored by Carnival (other than as may be expressly set forth in the underlying Travel Agency Agreement), and acknowledges by any use thereof that such use shall not create in Travel Agency’s favor any right, title or interest in or to Carnival’s Property, including any goodwill therefrom, nor prevent Carnival from using and/or registering Carnival’s Property for goods and services in which Carnival has any current or potential interest. All use of Carnival’s Property by Travel Agency shall inure to the sole benefit of Carnival. Travel Agency is familiar with Carnival’s Property and is not permitted to register Carnival’s Property, nor any names, tag lines, slogans, trademarks, logos, designs, domain names or imagery confusingly similar to Carnival’s Property. Upon the earlier of (i) Carnival’s request and (ii) termination of the underlying Travel Agency Agreement, and at all times thereafter, Travel Agency will immediately stop using Carnival’s Property in every way and will deliver to Carnival all material provided to Travel Agency on which Carnival’s Property appears. Any consent given by Carnival to use Carnival’s Property may be withdrawn by Carnival in its sole discretion at any time. Travel Agency hereby waives any rights that it may acquire by virtue of Travel Agency’s use of Carnival’s Property and in any trademarks, names, slogans, domain names and imagery confusingly similar thereto.

Under no circumstances may Travel Agency offer or distribute to any other Travel Agency Carnival’s brand, products, inventory or any of Carnival’s Property via Internet or other distribution system (including any GDS system) without Carnival's prior written consent. This restriction includes, without limitation, any link or connectivity established by a third party with or through any of Travel Agency’s web sites or GDS system which provides any other Travel Agency access to Carnival products, pricing or inventory. Any breach of this section by Travel Agency shall give rise to the immediate termination of the underlying Travel Agency Agreement at Carnival's discretion. Travel Agency shall immediately return any commissions paid by Carnival for bookings of this nature. In addition to any other remedies at law or in equity, Carnival shall have the right to set-off any commissions due to Travel Agency for applicable bookings against any payments of commissions paid for such unauthorized bookings. II. SALES AND PAYMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES A. Payments. Travel Agency must book directly with Carnival using its own individual Travel Agency identifier (telephone number(s), pseudo city or similar unique identification). Reservations may be made through Carnival’s Reservations department, through a variety of online channels or through any other distribution channel approved by Carnival. Distribution channels approved by Carnival are subject to change. Travel Agency may not fraudulently create or modify records.

Payment may be made by Carnival-approved credit cards, Travel Agency check, wire transfer or FunShipPay online system. Payments by credit card should be for the gross purchase price. Any amounts collected by Carnival above the net amount due for the reservation (gross purchase price less Travel Agency commission) will be sent to Travel Agency in the form of a check or electronic deposit (less applicable third party processing fees). Unless and until Travel Agency receives notice from Carnival to the contrary, payments by check, wire or FunShipPay may deduct the applicable commission from the final payment sent to Carnival. Carnival’s mailing address for cruise payments is Carnival Cruise

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 3 of 8

Lines, P.O. Box 526170, Miami, FL 33152-6170. To the extent that Carnival believes, in its sole discretion, that Travel Agency’s operations jeopardize its ability to fulfill its obligations to its customers or to Carnival, Carnival reserves the right to (i) put such Travel Agency on a payment-type restriction, including but not limited, to ‘credit card-only’ and cashier’s check/wire only, (ii) suspend bookings by such Travel Agency unless and until it can provide adequate assurances to Carnival to the contrary, (iii) withhold any and all commissions or Marketing Funds owed to Travel Agency to satisfy its obligations to Carnival and/or (iv) terminate the underlying Travel Agency Agreement. Travel Agency must adhere to the applicable credit card company’s then-existing procedures for credit card transactions and collect proper authorizations from clients for all credit card charges. In the event of a fraudulent or unauthorized credit card transaction for a cruise product booked through Travel Agency, such Travel Agency shall use commercially reasonable efforts to assist Carnival in resolving any related dispute between Carnival and the affected client, as well as the applicable credit card company. Travel Agency shall be responsible for payment of any amounts related thereto if such fraudulent or unauthorized transaction resulted from such Travel Agency’s negligence or intentional misconduct. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Travel Agency shall have no liability to Carnival for credit card chargebacks provided Travel Agency complies with all of the following: (1) it correctly transmits the credit card information to Carnival, (2) it obtains the cardholder’s faxed or original signature on a document authorizing the specific charge in dispute, (3) it does not know (acting reasonably) that the credit card is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner, and (4) it does not make any misrepresentations or false statements or omit any material facts in the underlying sale that is the basis for the chargeback. In the event a passenger is entitled to a refund, Carnival is only responsible for refunding that portion of the amount paid by the client which was paid to and retained by Carnival, as determined for these purposes after first deducting all applicable cancellation fees. Travel Agency is responsible for refunding all additional amounts received from its client (excluding any amounts Travel Agency generally retains or charges to its clients upon a refund (such as non-refundable booking fees and/or cancellation fees), as well as any commission previously paid by Carnival or discount received from Carnival. However, if Carnival cancels a cruise and, in its sole discretion, decides to protect Travel Agencies’ commission for such cruise, Travel Agency will not be responsible for refunding the commission to the client unless Carnival returns such amount to such Travel Agency as part of the refund amount payable by Travel Agency to the client. If the refund of a booking fee imposed by Travel Agency is required or being sought, such Travel Agency (and not Carnival) will be responsible for the same.

B. Wholesaling.

Wholesaling of Carnival products is strictly prohibited without the express prior written consent of Carnival. For purposes of this Policy, “Wholesaling” means (1) the sale of Carnival products by Travel Agency to another retail Travel Agency for the purpose of resale to consumers or (2) the sale of Carnival products by Travel Agency directly to a consumer on behalf of another retail Travel Agency. For purposes of this Policy, a retail Travel Agency is an entity meeting one or more of the following criteria:

 Any Travel Agency with ARC or IATAN appointment that conducts published business hours.

 A retail business conducting published business hours in a location accessible to the public that is clearly identified as, and held out to the public to be, an office engaged in the sale of travel.

 A business conducting published business hours that is located within an organization and is clearly identified as, and held out to the members of the organization to be, an office engaged in the sale of travel.

 A business with office space (not in the home) in a location not accessible to the general public, provided the business is engaged in the sale of travel to the public, has two or more employees and is clearly identifiable as a travel seller by an advertisement or listing in the telephone or equivalent directory under the business name.

C. Retro Dilution.

Carnival prohibits the “Retro Dilution” of its products. For purposes of this Policy, Retro Dilution occurs in situations where Carnival lowers prices on a sailing after Travel Agency has booked a client at a higher price, and thereafter (1) Travel Agency cancels the existing booking and then books the client again at the lower rate or (2) modifies an existing booking in any manner and through any channel which results in an already-booked price being lowered other than, in either case, by contacting a member of the Carnival Reservations staff and the Carnival staff member agreeing to (x)

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 4 of 8

reduce the price on an existing booking or (y) create a new booking at the lower rate. If Travel Agency commits or permits any act of Retro Dilution, Carnival may, in its sole discretion, take one or both of the following actions: (i) deduct the amount(s) of Retro Dilution from any current or future commissions due such Travel Agency under the underlying Travel Agency Agreement and (ii) terminate the underlying Travel Agency Agreement. D. Pricing Accuracy. Carnival attempts to ensure the accuracy of the pricing reflected in its system and the systems of approved distribution channels. However, in the event of a pricing error or omission, Carnival reserves the right to cancel or adjust the pricing of any reservation that is impacted by the error. In the event Carnival cancels such a reservation, a full refund will be made and cancellation penalties will not apply, unless an alternate resolution is required by applicable law. III. LEGAL COMPLIANCE.

A. Customer Information.

“Customer Information” relating to Carnival customers who book through Travel Agencies shall include the personal information provided by such customers including, without limitation the customer’s (and his or her travel companions’) name, address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, bank account number, social security number and driver’s license number. Travel Agencies shall ensure that all Customer Information residing with them in any format is maintained in a secure location with adequate limitations on physical and electronic access, including password protection and/or encrypted technology, in order to protect the Customer Information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and disclosure. Travel Agencies shall be fully and solely responsible for its security of Customer Information; and, in the event of a breach in the security of such data, Travel Agencies shall bear all costs and expenses associated with such breach, including without limitation the cost of notification of all affected customers, the costs incurred by Carnival (including legal fees) associated with such incident and all damages, fines or penalties associated with or arising out of such breach. B. Compliance with Laws. Travel Agency will comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations with respect to the underlying Travel Agency Agreement and transactions contemplated thereby. Carnival in no way authorizes or approves any activity which does not comply with applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations and in no way shall it be considered a joint venture, authorizing agent or in any other way be responsible for any activity Travel Agency engages in which violates these rules. Carnival does not endorse nor authorize the practice of blast faxing, unsolicited faxing, e-mail solicitations in contravention of applicable legal requirements or sending outbound prerecorded telephone messages of any materials promoting Carnival or its products. Travel Agency agrees that materials promoting Carnival will only be faxed to individuals who have requested the promotional information and/or emailed in compliance with applicable legal requirements, and Travel Agency must be in full compliance at all times with all Federal, state and local laws and regulations (including, but not limited to, the TCPA and CAN-SPAM Act). Travel Agency agrees that it will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Carnival and its officers, directors, employees and affiliates from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all violations of this section without limitations of any kind, irrespective of any other contrary term in this Policy or the Travel Agency Agreement. Travel Agency agrees that all use of Carnival’s Property in Travel Agency’s advertising, whether underwritten by a Carnival cooperative marketing budget or otherwise, will be in compliance with applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations.

IV. GENERAL ADVERTISING & ADVERTISED PRICING POLICY REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES

A. Advertisement Compliance. All use of Carnival’s Property must be for the specific purpose of marketing Carnival cruises under these guidelines unless Travel Agency has received express written approval from Carnival for a different purpose.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 5 of 8

1. Print ads must comply with the specifications and requirements set forth in Carnival’s online Brand Center, accessible from www.bookccl.com or www.carnivalbrandcenter.com. 2. Where ships are mentioned in an advertisement, the particular ship’s registry must also be indicated. If a specific ship is not mentioned in an advertisement, then registries encompassing all Carnival ships must be indicated. 3. Carnival’s Property may not be used on promotional cruise certificates, coupons or vouchers (“cruise certificates”) without Carnival’s express written authorization. Absent Carnival’s express written authorization, Cruise certificates may only be distributed by a seller of travel to end users who intend to personally redeem the cruise certificate for the cruise and may not be given away by Travel Agency nor resold either by the distributee or the end user. Travel Agency shall be held responsible for ensuring that distributees do not resell or redistribute cruise certificates (unless Carnival provides its express written authorization otherwise), shall take steps to record the distribution of all cruise certificates issued and shall provide all such information to Carnival upon request together with the distributees’ address, phone number and e-mail address. Each Carnival-approved cruise certificate issued by a third party shall contain the following statement: “IMPORTANT NOTICE: This cruise certificate has been issued by [iNSERT CERTIFICATE PROVIDER NAME], a licensed seller of travel, and may be distributed only to an individual who will personally redeem it for a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines and may not be transferred by either the seller of travel nor by the distributee to another individual or entity, nor for any other purpose. Carnival Cruise Lines reserves the right to dishonor any cruise certificate that has not been expressly authorized by Carnival Cruise Lines. “[iNSERT CERTIFICATE PROVIDER NAME] is not affiliated with, nor an agent of, Carnival Cruise Lines, and is solely responsible for this offer.” The foregoing must in all instances be located in a reasonably conspicuous position and be of a sufficiently large font size, as approved by Carnival, and the cruise certificate must also comply with Section I of this Policy. Neither Carnival’s review nor approval of any materials provided by Travel Agency will be deemed (a) an endorsement by Carnival of such materials or of any information contained therein, or (b) an opinion by Carnival that such materials comply with any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Carnival reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to at any time cancel any cruise certificate that does not meet Carnival’s guidelines and requirements. B. Advertised Pricing Policy. Travel Agency will at all times comply with the following Advertised Pricing Policy. This Advertised Pricing Policy applies to the offering for sale of Carnival products via any advertising medium, including without limitation newspaper, direct mail, magazine, catalogs, flyers, TV, radio, e-mail, Internet, and/or Internet booking engine. Travel Agency will advertise only “Approved Rates” and must always include the non-commissionable portion of the cruise fare (“NCF”), in the rate shown. No reference may be made to NCF’s or to “port charges” (or anything similar thereto) in Travel Agency’s advertising. All rates other than Approved Rates require the express written authorization of Carnival before being advertised in any media. The term “Approved Rates” shall mean:

1. The lowest rate provided by Carnival that is available to the general public; and

2. Rates provided to Travel Agency for short-term promotions that have been expressly authorized by Carnival for use in advertising; and

3. Rates provided by Carnival that are restricted to select guests that meet specified criteria and offered in compliance with the terms of Section IV.C of this Policy; and

4. Rates for bookings through Carnival’s Group Reservation department (“Group Rates”) when offered by Travel Agency solely to a closed audience and not in any media available to the general public.

Group Rates may not be offered on an Internet site or Internet booking engine, even if such Internet site requires users to

register and use a password for access, or employs other restrictive devices, unless (1) access to view the rate is

restricted to a closed audience who reaches the Internet site or Internet booking engine through a link embedded in a

targeted email or through use of a specific promotional code that is provided only to the closed target audience and (2) it

is not otherwise viewable to the general public in any way. Carnival reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion,

what does and does not constitute a closed audience.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 6 of 8

An Approved Rate may be combined with value-added items provided the following conditions are met:

1) The rate charged the guest by Travel Agency cannot be lower than an Approved Rate.

2) The value-added item cannot be a discount off of the Approved Rate.

3) The actual or perceived total value of the value-add item(s) cannot exceed 10% of the cruise rate (including NCF).

4) Non cash equivalent items (such as hotel stays, gift items, shore excursions, etc.) can be advertised at any time.

5) Cash equivalent items such as onboard credits, gift cards, etc. require the prior approval of Carnival before being advertised.

6) Value-add items cannot be combined with Early Saver, Interline and Military fares and may be excluded from other fares at Carnival’s discretion.

Advertising in any media must not contain any message that states, directly or indirectly, that Travel Agency will sell

Carnival products below Approved Rates. Examples include, but are not limited to, “we will beat any price” and

“call us for additional discounts.”

If Travel Agency fails to follow or enforce any of the restrictions in this section, Carnival, in its sole discretion, may: (1) reduce or eliminate the amount of Marketing Funds payable to such Travel Agency, (2) reduce or eliminate the commission rate payable to such Travel Agency, (3) terminate the underlying Travel Agency Agreement, and/or (4) cease accepting reservations from such Travel Agency.

C. Restricted Promotional Pricing.

Travel Agency is responsible for ensuring compliance with the eligibility requirements of restricted promotional fares (for example Interline, Military, Resident’s and Senior’s rates or similar promotions) for all reservations made with Carnival and shall at all times ensure that such fares are not knowingly offered or displayed to ineligible guests via any means, including through any internet or other distribution channel. If Travel Agency offers or displays restricted promotional fares to ineligible guests whether deliberately or due to the inability of any applicable distribution channel to prevent such display, then Carnival (i) may at any time thereafter and in its sole discretion remove such Travel Agency’s access to such rates, and (ii) reserves the right to collect the difference between the fare paid and the lowest available fare for which the guest(s) are eligible by deducting the amount from any commissions owed to such Travel Agency under the applicable Travel Agency Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if an ineligible restricted promotional fare is offered or displayed as a result of a guest misrepresenting himself or herself to Travel Agency, Carnival will not take the action set forth in clauses (i) and (ii) above and will instead collect the fare difference directly from the guest.

V. INTERNET REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES

A. Site Content Requirements and Guidelines.

In addition to the preceding requirements, the following additional site content requirements and guidelines apply to web sites and web pages of Travel Agency that are used for marketing and/or displaying Carnival cruises. 1. Each web page in Travel Agency web site must clearly indicate that Travel Agency is the web site operator, with the name of Travel Agency being prominently displayed on every web page in the web site. In the event Travel Agency develops a web site for a third party’s private use, the third party web site user must be identified in the web site consistent with the foregoing requirements. Travel Agency is not authorized to make the statement, either express or implied, that the web site is an “official Carnival web site”; that Travel Agency or the party for whom Travel Agency developed the web site is an “official Carnival agency” or that Carnival is associated with or has endorsed Travel Agency or its web site. 2. Travel Agency may not use Carnival’s Property in any part of a domain name without the express, prior, written consent of an officer of Carnival Cruise Lines.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 7 of 8

3. Travel Agency may only download or copy Carnival’s Property from Carnival-provided material expressly for such purpose or from Carnival’s web sites at www.carnival.com, www.carnivalconnections.com and www.bookccl.com from a designated download section of such web sites, if any, for the express purpose of marketing Carnival cruises in accordance with this Policy and may not, whether manually or with an automated tool, download or copy any of Carnival’s Property from any other section of Carnival’s web sites nor for any other purpose.

B. Paid Search Requirements and Guidelines.

These Paid Search Requirements and Guidelines apply to Travel Agency’s use of paid search advertising or other forms of online targeted advertising offered by companies operating search engines (including but not limited to Google and Yahoo), travel search sites (including but not limited to TripAdvisor) or comparison sites (including but not limited to NexTag or Sidestep).

1. Travel Agency may not bid on keyword terms containing Carnival’s Property (other than generic cruise-related keywords as discussed in the following paragraph), whether alone or in conjunction with other terms, unless Carnival’s Property is to be used by the bidding Travel Agency for a landing page to be operated by the bidding Travel Agency in compliance with this Policy. The landing page must, other than any search or site navigation features, be dedicated exclusively to the marketing of Carnival cruises and not have any references or links to other vacation opportunities, including without limitation other cruise lines.

2. When purchasing generic cruise-related keywords, such as “cruise” or “ship” or “fun,” on broad match keyword terms programs the bidding Travel Agency must ensure that consumer searches which include Carnival’s Property in combination with the generic keywords link to a landing page which is operated in compliance with this Policy. The landing page must, other than any search or site navigation features, be dedicated exclusively to the marketing of Carnival cruises and not have any references or links to other vacation opportunities, including without limitation other cruise lines. Otherwise, Travel Agency must list non-generic Carnival’s Property as negative keywords in order to prevent its ads from appearing as a result of searching for Carnival branded cruises. For example, it would be a violation of this Policy if a consumer search using a keyword phrase such as “Carnival Miami cruises” triggers Travel Agency ad to appear if “Miami cruises” was originally bid by Travel Agency without the negative keyword of “Carnival” in quotes, unless such ad links to a landing page that includes Carnival’s Property and which is operated in compliance with this Policy.

C. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Requirements and Guidelines.

These SEO requirements and guidelines apply to web sites and web pages of Travel Agency who markets and/or displays cruise accommodations for any of Carnival’s cruise ships and uses search engine optimization tactics in order to gain rankings in natural search results on keyword terms that contain Carnival’s Property. 1. Meta Data and Title Tags: A Travel Agency web site may not present itself as an “official Carnival web site” by means of keywords anywhere in the meta data or title tags. Travel Agency web sites may not employ excessive repetition of Carnival-related keywords (keyword stuffing) within meta data or site content for the purpose of skewing search results. 2. Deceptive Redirects (Cloaking): Travel Agency web sites may not present one type of page content to the search engines to achieve rankings on a Carnival-related search, but redirect users to another page that contains different or unrelated content or content that does not comply with this Policy. 3. Hidden or Invisible Text: Travel Agency web sites may not place Carnival-related keyword rich text on a page that is the same color as the background, causing it to be hidden from the viewer, but not from search engine spiders.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES Posted February 16, 2009 TRAVEL AGENCY POLICY page 8 of 8

D. Requirements and Guidelines For Spyware and Other Automated Tools. These Requirements and Guidelines for Spyware and Other Automated Tools apply to Travel Agency’s use of online software applications that (a) fall under the general categories of “spyware,” “adware” or “malware,” as those terms are generally defined in the industry, or (b) extract data or content from Carnival.com. 1. Travel Agency may not use or download to a user’s computer any spyware, adware, malware or similar tool or toolbars or other navigational elements that integrate with or frame Carnival.com and are designed to divert traffic from Carnival.com to competitive web sites. 2. Travel Agency may not “screen scrape” (evaluate and extract information from a web page through the use of software or programs) any web page from a Carnival web site. E. Enforcement of Internet Requirements and Guidelines. In addition to the enforcements by, and remedies of, Carnival as set forth in this Policy and the underlying Travel Agency Agreement: 1. First Violation: Once Carnival has notified Travel Agency in writing, including by e-mail, facsimile or other written communication, that Travel Agency has violated any of the Internet Requirements and Guidelines hereunder, Travel Agency must take the following steps to remedy the violation within fifteen (15) business days of the date of the written notice: a) For violations of the Paid Search Requirements, Travel Agency must disable non-conforming links, ads or web pages or make changes to each link, ad text, ad title or web page as directed by Carnival; b) For violations of Site Content and SEO Requirements, Travel Agency must make the web site changes directed by Carnival. 2. Subsequent Violations: Following a second violation by Travel Agency or Travel Agency’s failure to remedy a previously identified violation, Carnival reserves the right to temporarily suspend or permanently revoke (a) its authorization to book or sell cruise accommodations and/or (b) payment of commissions for cruise bookings that are made during the period of an uncured violation. Further, Carnival reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against all parties who violate its intellectual property rights, this Policy and/or any Travel Agency Agreement.

There is no way an agency would be upside down...they lose some commission, but still would make some.

This doesn't make sense at all. ASk for the agency manager/owner, and if that doesn't work, call a CCL supervisor and ask for a 3 way call to the owner.

I would cancel and book myself. If a TravelAgent will not 'work for you' whats the point of using them. You are not saving any money (quite the contray it seems) Tell them you will call Carnival directly and book yourself if they will not take care of this immediatly! I used a travel agent like this (ONCE) and now I have a wonderful one who takes care of things like this in about 15 minutes after I call her. -> I know she has hundreds of clients, but I swear I feel like the only one she has, because I always feel like she is only focused on me....that to me is the sign of a good TravelAgent!

Good Luck!

How do you do that? (switch to another TA or PVP at this point)

I'm paid in full and Carnival has already paid the TA.

And, oh, I've definitely learned my lesson.

FYI: The TA is only paid after you SAIL.

(at least thats the way I understand it)

Not if the client paid by check or cash or even if the credit card payment was made to the TA and TA then paid the cruiseline.... the TA will send in the final payment as a "net" and keep the commission up front.

With great respect, TAs are paid after final payment is received by Carnival. Generally it is before sailing...

Just my 2 cents but the travel agent is not paid their commission until the sailing has happened. If they told you this they giving you wrong info. I would transfer the reservation to carnival.

TA's are paid after final payment for individual reservations. Group reservations are paid after travel..

.....because my TA charged me $25 each time I made a booking change. Between my B2Bs I had 5 price drops which equals $125 in service charges.

I won't be using them again when booking Early Saver.

:(

wasiii

Carnival tells agents THEY must make the Price Protection request:

2. In the unlikely event that you do find a lower Carnival-advertised rate* after booking your cruise, we will honor it and adjust your cruise rate accordingly. Simply fill out the Price Protection Claim form and we'll take care of the rest. If you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a Price Protection Claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the "price protection" fine print from Carnival for Early Saver rates....note that it doesn't seem to exclude Pack&Go rates...

Price Protection:

Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit carnival.com/earlysaver. When submitting a rate lock request, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Rate lock is not combinable with other promotions. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable. Program subject to change at any time without prior notice.

Not if the client paid by check or cash or even if the credit card payment was made to the TA and TA then paid the cruiseline.... the TA will send in the final payment as a "net" and keep the commission up front.

OH.... I have only ever had my payments go to Carnival (just thru the TA...but my bank statements say "CarnivalCruiseLines:"...Not "CruisesXXXXXXAgency")

.....because my TA charged me $25 each time I made a booking change. Between my B2Bs I had 5 price drops which equals $125 in service charges.

I won't be using them again when booking Early Saver.

:(

wasiii

I think your TA is out to make a little extra gas money:eek:

With great respect, TAs are paid after final payment is received by Carnival. Generally it is before sailing...

On the back of each statement that my TA sends me (when I make a payment etc) their 'contract' is printed. (at least with the TA I use) it says 'you never pay us extra --- we are paid by the Cruise line after your sailing is complete'

I guess each TA may be different... I would guess this may also vary with the size of the agency...for instance a home based individule vs. a national company.

Just my guess tho.

:)

Archived