Would You Book NCL for Free Soda?

kimmiekaz

Are you more likely to book NCL because of the soda pop promotion?  

868 members have voted

1. 1. Are you more likely to book NCL because of the soda pop promotion?

• Definitely -- soda adds up, especially for families!
    • I would book with NCL regardless, but the free soda's a nice perk.
    • Maybe -- but I’d prefer a $50 onboard credit.
    • I drink soda, but it isn't a big enough incentive to impact my booking decision.
    • I don't drink soda, and couldn’t care less.
    • If it was Coca-Cola, I'd do it.
    • Throw in unlimited beer, and you’ve got a deal!
    • None of the above
    • Something else (which I’ll post)

NCL announced today that it is teaming up with Pepsi for a “refreshing” (get it?) onboard promotion. On any seven-night or longer sailing, NCL is offering up to two complimentary soda packages per stateroom, valid for sailings through 2010 when you book by October 15, 2009. Takers will receive a souvenir cup on the ship and can refill and gulp the carbonated beverages as frequently as they like. Because NCL’s adult soda packages work out to be about $50 for a seven-night cruise, soda-drinkers can save $100 or more per cabin.

We're curious: Is this deal something that would make it more likely for you to book a cruise with NCL? Vote in our poll and be sure to post your opinion below!

(Oh, and for those of you who are interested, be sure to mention promotion code PGPOP when you book.)

Seems kind of ridiculous to me but I suppose $100 is $100. If I were already targeting one of their cruises, it might nudge me, but having no plan on the horizon, I'm not going to scout one out for that!

I would be extremely interested to find out how this works out for them, but the problem is, even if you ask "why did you book today", the data will only be as reliable as the people answering the question. Does everyone give out their correct zip code when asked? I do not think so.

I think I would prefer to have my choice of either two soda packages or two bottles of wine.

I agree. :D

Alternatively they could make sure they return impounded duty free spirits. I flew into Hawaii some years ago with two bottles of duty free; one wine and one scotch. A first time cruiser, I was bemused to have them both impounded - no problem - but when I went to retrieve them at cruise-end, someone had taken a shine to the bottle of scotch.

I filled out a claim form and never heard a 'Bo-peep' from NCL. Despite a reminder query, NCL never answered my claim or responded in any way about the theft, by one of their employees, of my duty free scotch.:cool:

I'm giving them another chance. :eek: I will once again have duty free when I board. I'll post if my duty free is purloined again.

I'll check with my agent about the soda for next year, not a huge inducement, but it's sure to make passengers become devotees of tonic and ice sans the Gin (too expensive).

I've never drank a soda on any of my cruises, at least none without booze! Free soda wouldn't entice me to try NCL. Free beer possibly! There is enough free things to drink on board on all the lines. As far as buying the soda card, you have to drink way, way too much soda to get your money's worth. I'll save my calories for some good food instead of the large amount of calories in soda.

NCL has to be the worst cruiseline we have ever sailed. Even if they offered complimentery shares in NCL I would refuse.

Maybe, if they offered free restaurant passes. The free food venues were the pits. But in the $20-25/pp-aditional restaurants, the food & service were actually good. So a soda card certainly would not get me to go with them again!

I'd rather have the $100 value in ship credit. I rarely drink soda, so I'd rather just shell out $5 over the week for a drink or two. This definitely would not factor in to whether or not we decided to book a Norwegian cruise.

If RCL or Princess offered a free soda package, it might tip the scales a little toward booking a cruise with them. After sailing on Pride of Aloha (NCL) and being the sickest I can ever remember being, no thanks (half of our extended family party got sick and others on the boat were quarentened to cabins. We were not allowed to touch anything in the buffet lines, the crew (gloved) served us so it was not "us" per say.) I agree with the post about free food outside of MDR, as the MDR was pitiful. My sister-in-law, who had not sailed for 25 years thought it was OK until she went on RCL with us and Princess (and later Celebrety on own). Free style is also too much of a turn off. I don't like spending 3 hrs waiting for all of my courses. No incentive for the crew to work, as a matter of fact incentive not to work. They get automatic tips. The longer they take, the less people they have to wait on. (We ate from 5:30 to about 8:30 every night.)

Free Pepsi can't make up for all of this. (I'm not even sure if it settles an upset stomach like warm Coke does):confused:

NCL has to be the worst cruiseline we have ever sailed. Even if they offered complimentery shares in NCL I would refuse.

Wisdom from up north. I would not cruise NCL if they offered us a FREE cruise and let us steer the ship. Free soda .... they can take it and sh....:mad:

Archived