All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Sailing out of Charleston, without FTTF, what are chancing of getting a decent cabana?

The sooner you board the sooner you can pick your cabana. We are platinum and I went directly to the shore excursion desk upon boarding. We arrived at the terminal before they started boarding, but when I got to the desk, there were already several that were taken. We got #8 and it was a great location, but 9 and 10 were already gone.

Given that there is an air conditioner and refrigerator in the cabanas on HMC, is there any place to plug in other electrical equipment such as a cell phone charger?

There might be an additional outlet under the air conditioner. The worst case scenario is to unplug the air conditioner. :eek:

Can anyone remark on the average temp in HMC at the end of February? I was thinking about renting a cabana but if it's chilly I'll probably want to be in the sun so a clamshell would make more sense. Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Can anyone remark on the average temp in HMC at the end of February? I was thinking about renting a cabana but if it's chilly I'll probably want to be in the sun so a clamshell would make more sense. Thank you!

Look like that's the time to go. Feb/Mar/Apr have the least amount of average rainfall per month, (1.5-2.4"), and the temps seem so be 69* low to 85* high

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ShoreExcursions.action?destCode=C&WT.ac=pnav_PortsMap_CB#

Wish their website gave average water temps as well though.

Edited by rbp3072

Look like that's the time to go. Feb/Mar/Apr have the least amount of average rainfall per month, (1.5-2.4"), and the temps seem so be 69* low to 85* high

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ShoreExcursions.action?destCode=C&WT.ac=pnav_PortsMap_CB#

Wish their website gave average water temps as well though.

Thanks!

The only thing that would be chilly that time of year is the water temp. Very similar to Florida weather.

The only thing that would be chilly that time of year is the water temp. Very similar to Florida weather.

Completely agree. I was there last February and the water was a bit chilly but refreshing. I did wind up getting a little sunburned, so don't forget the sunblock!!!

Wanted to ask this question of those that have been in a cabana several years ago, and someone who has also been in one recently. We were in one years ago, and have been looking at photos recently since we have reserved one for our upcoming cruise. The cabanas seem smaller than I remember and the description does not mention lounge chairs any more...any insights??

Wanted to ask this question of those that have been in a cabana several years ago, and someone who has also been in one recently. We were in one years ago, and have been looking at photos recently since we have reserved one for our upcoming cruise. The cabanas seem smaller than I remember and the description does not mention lounge chairs any more...any insights??

The cabanas are the same, and there are two comfy loungers. The only differences that I have noticed in the eight or so years that we have been renting cabanas, is that the furniture has been upgraded, and the canvas curtain that you could close to keep the sun out and air conditioning in is gone.

Can anyone who's recently had a cabana (maybe in the last 3 months) comment on the types of snacks they're serving now in the cabanas? I know I saw a couple people post about cutbacks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by OnePsychLynne

No cut backs in February. Guacamole, sour cream, salsa, chips, 3 kinds of fruit... This was on HAL.

The comments on cutbacks have only mentioned Carnival. Who are you cruising on? Looks like Carnival based on your resume of cruising

Edited by CruiserBruce

No cut backs in February. Guacamole, sour cream, salsa, chips, 3 kinds of fruit... This was on HAL.

The comments on cutbacks have only mentioned Carnival. Who are you cruising on? Looks like Carnival based on your resume of cruising

Lol yes, next one up is the Carnival Glory. My boyfriend and I will actually be in HMC on our one year anniversary date so I thought a cabana would be a nice touch :)

I saw another post with a picture of fruits that were whole, not sliced, and I was just curious. I'm assuming since the island is owned by HAL under the Carnival Corp umbrella that the locals working there are employed by them and would set up the cabanas accordingly.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Edited by OnePsychLynne

We were there on May 8th and we had the full snacks. No cut backs for us, more than we could eat. There were 4 of us.

I wonder if it has something to do with the ship you are on.

Edited by penguin85

We were there on May 8th and we had the full snacks. No cut backs for us, more than we could eat. There were 4 of us.

I wonder if it has something to do with the ship you are on.

Awesome info! Thanks :-D

Do you happen to know when Carnival makes the cabanas available to reserve? Our cruise isn't until February but the cabanas for HMC aren't available yet, while the ones for Grand Turk are :(

Lol yes, next one up is the Carnival Glory. My boyfriend and I will actually be in HMC on our one year anniversary date so I thought a cabana would be a nice touch :)

I saw another post with a picture of fruits that were whole, not sliced, and I was just curious. I'm assuming since the island is owned by HAL under the Carnival Corp umbrella that the locals working there are employed by them and would set up the cabanas accordingly.

What kind of fruit did you see left whole? Apples/pears/oranges were left whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of fruit did you see left whole? Apples/pears/oranges were left whole.

Yes, those are what I saw. But in the photo that's all that was served for fruits apparently. I had seen other photos where, in addition to the chips and salsa/guacamole, there was a platter of sliced fruits (pineapple, cantaloupe, honey dew). I was just curious :)

We had whole oranges, sliced fruit, raw veggies, chips and several dips.

Carnival seems a little slow with some of the excursions being posted. Last time I booked our cabana about 7 months before or cruise date. I am looking once a week now for our cruise next May and all we have is Freeport.

Yes, those are what I saw. But in the photo that's all that was served for fruits apparently. I had seen other photos where, in addition to the chips and salsa/guacamole, there was a platter of sliced fruits (pineapple, cantaloupe, honey dew). I was just curious :)

I think it depends what's fresh. If the melon/pineapple isn't fresh, they won't serve it. We had a villa and didn't get any of the sliced fruits. We did have veggies as well.

Edited by irishnyc

Have you ever thought about how old this thread is? How long it takes to go from start to finish, I was jumping every 10 pages to get into 2014, and that happened on the last 16 pages. I think it may be time to just do individual questions, or start an ALL THINGS HMC as of 06/14 ???

Have you ever thought about how old this thread is? How long it takes to go from start to finish, I was jumping every 10 pages to get into 2014, and that happened on the last 16 pages. I think it may be time to just do individual questions, or start an ALL THINGS HMC as of 06/14 ???

Agree! We definitely need a new up-to-date thread :)