All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

sorry

Does your cruise card work for drinks on the island? if you buy the drink package does it work too? thanks

My understanding is that your cruise card works for drinks but the Cheers package does not include Half Moon Cay. It is one of the reasons I decided against the Cheers package.

sorry

Does your cruise card work for drinks on the island? if you buy the drink package does it work too? thanks

My understanding is that your cruise card works for drinks but the Cheers package does not include Half Moon Cay. It is one of the reasons I decided against the Cheers package.

Yep (unfortunately), about the Cheers program.

For Carnival and HAL, your cruise card works for all drink purchases on the island. --And almost everything else except cash sales at the (small) straw-market.

Carnival's Bottomless Bubbles program IS honored on HMC, but their Cheers program is not...which is something they really should fix.

hello, We just reserved a cabana for may, I was wonndering about the shuttle. does it take you to the cabana or close to it? one of us is disabled. He can walk some but not all the way down the beach, how often do the shuttles run? also if the shuttles go close to the cananas can you take one to the lunch? DH had a heart transplant and was doing good when we booked the cruise but he started rejecting the heart. They think they have the rejection stopped but there is some damage that may not be improved by may. thansk

oh and can we maybe get more water and less soda? has anyone tried this

hello, We just reserved a cabana for may, I was wonndering about the shuttle. does it take you to the cabana or close to it? one of us is disabled. He can walk some but not all the way down the beach, how often do the shuttles run?

Yes, the shuttle will take you along the service road to just behind your cabana. I'm not sure how often they run, but it's fairly frequent.

Please note that the shuttle is not wheelchair-accessible; you have to haul yourself up to board it.

also if the shuttles go close to the cananas can you take one to the lunch?

I've found that if you're walking along the service road, they'll offer to pick you up and take you if they're going the same way.

DH had a heart transplant and was doing good when we booked the cruise but he started rejecting the heart. They think they have the rejection stopped but there is some damage that may not be improved by may. thansk

I know where you're coming from. My mom's health declined during our last cruise to the point where she needed a wheelchair to maneuver. Getting her feet blistered on the aft pool deck on the last sea-day didn't help, either.

oh and can we maybe get more water and less soda? has anyone tried this

Shouldn't be a problem if you make the request at Shore Excursions when you reserve your cabana location (I'm assuming you're on Carnival). You should give some thought to which number cabana you want.

Edited by Pellaz

Yes, the shuttle will take you along the service road to just behind your cabana. I'm not sure how often they run, but it's fairly frequent.

Please note that the shuttle is not wheelchair-accessible; you have to haul yourself up to board it.

I've found that if you're walking along the service road, they'll offer to pick you up and take you if they're going the same way.

I know where you're coming from. My mom's health declined during our last cruise to the point where she needed a wheelchair to maneuver. Getting her feet blistered on the aft pool deck on the last sea-day didn't help, either.

Shouldn't be a problem if you make the request at Shore Excursions when you reserve your cabana location (I'm assuming you're on Carnival). You should give some thought to which number cabana you want.

thank you your answers were really helpful

Now a question about the sting ray excursion at HMC. Has anyone done this before? Is it better to swim with Sting rays at Grand Turk?

We want to swim with sting rays but are looking for the best place.

unless it has changed the sting ray excursion at grand turk was way better than the one at HMC. the one at HMC is in shallow water and a small area is roped off. at grand turk they take you on a boat ride to a small island and they show you how to interact with the stingrays. you can snorkle and see lots of fish and coral. there is a nice beach if you want to relax and take in the sun. they also show you how to eat raw conch. I you can buy a video of the excursion. it comes in the mail a few weeks after the trip.

unless it has changed the sting ray excursion at grand turk was way better than the one at HMC. the one at HMC is in shallow water and a small area is roped off. at grand turk they take you on a boat ride to a small island and they show you how to interact with the stingrays. you can snorkle and see lots of fish and coral. there is a nice beach if you want to relax and take in the sun. they also show you how to eat raw conch. I you can buy a video of the excursion. it comes in the mail a few weeks after the trip.

Thanks! That is what I thought. HMC looked like a petting zoo compared to GT .

We are on the May 31st cruise and went to book a cabana and they are all sold out. Does carnival reserve any for people who want to buy one on the ship or is if for real, they are completely sold out? I figured with it being more than 3 months away I would have been able to get one. I am so upset about this :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on the May 31st cruise and went to book a cabana and they are all sold out. Does carnival reserve any for people who want to buy one on the ship or is if for real, they are completely sold out? I figured with it being more than 3 months away I would have been able to get one. I am so upset about this :(

They do not reserve them but people may cancel. There a limited amount of cabanas so they do sell out fast. I booked my villas 9 months in advance. The minute they became available.

Please don't be upset just keep checking, maybe someone will change their mind. Have a wonderful cruise.

They do not reserve them but people may cancel. There a limited amount of cabanas so they do sell out fast. I booked my villas 9 months in advance. The minute they became available.

Please don't be upset just keep checking, maybe someone will change their mind. Have a wonderful cruise.

And if u dont get one online.... check the excursions desk onboard. Someone posted earlier that they were able to score one during their cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much I will definitely keep checking and then check the cruise the second we get on. Hopefully someone will cancel!! :)

We are currently booked on the cruise before yours and have a cabana booked.

However, it looks like we are going to have to cancel the cruise due to some work scheduling :(

Final payment is in a few weeks and we are waiting until then to cancel just in case if we can get things to work out!

If we do cancel, obviously the cabana will become available.

I'd suggest looking for a cabana right around the date that final payment is due. ;)

Good luck.

We hated the cabana last time we cruised to HMC but I got another one for this cruise. Now that we have a baby along with our 7 & 5 yr old, we might like it better then last time.

There is only 1 left. I def thought the cabanas in Grand Turk were a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much I will definitely keep checking and then check the cruise the second we get on. Hopefully someone will cancel!! :)

Some people have reported that they had gotten cabanas onboard after being placed on a waiting list for cancellations, too. So, all is not lost. :)

I personally, was able to acquire a cabana on board ship when I booked a last minute cruise on the Fascination a couple of years ago. If you have no luck getting one prior to the cruise, as soon as you get on board, make your FIRST stop the Shore Excursion Desk and put your name on the waiting list.

They rent wheelchairs with the big tires at HMC. They worked out really great to be able to take my mom around. We were able to push it on the sand

We had a cabana and loved it. My mom could sit up there and enjoy the ocean out of the sun.