All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Thank you Bruce. I wasn't clear.

I knew what I was saying in my mind, unfortunately not many people join me there:) I was responding to the word "certain" but didn't make it clear. You can reserve, in advance, cabana's, but not a "certain" cabana; you get that once you get on board - go to the guest services desk. They will need sizes for the snorkeling gear.

Linda

Get onboard early, and make the Shore Ex desk your first stop to get the best selection.

Get onboard early, and make the Shore Ex desk your first stop to get the best selection.

For those cruising to HMC on Carnival, this is a good reason to purchase the Faster to the Fun program if you're not already VIP with them; it can let you beat the crowd to the Shore Ex desk. On my last cruise, it was literally a matter of seconds that made the difference between Cabana #11 and something not-as-good, like #4. :o

For those cruising to HMC on Carnival, this is a good reason to purchase the Faster to the Fun program if you're not already VIP with them; it can let you beat the crowd to the Shore Ex desk. On my last cruise, it was literally a matter of seconds that made the difference between Cabana #11 and something not-as-good, like #4. :o

Nothing wrong #4. We've been in it several times. Walk up the stairs behind it, and you're on your way to the Food pavilion.

Nothing wrong #4. We've been in it several times. Walk up the stairs behind it, and you're on your way to the Food pavilion.

Correct. Notice I didn't say #4 was lousy, just "not-as-good" since most people seem to prefer the less-crowded ones toward the end.

And of course, "Any cabana is better than no cabana at all." :D

I have reserved a cabana and have FTTF. So off to the shore excursion desk first thing. Now the question if you want to be somewhat a away from the bar but not too far down the beach what are the best cabanas if I have a choice?

A little reading on the board would answer your question. Probably #7 on up.

• 2 weeks later...
I read you can only get cabanas at the excursion desk, but then people say they are sold out. How would you know the cabanas are sold out until you get on ship? Are these posters writing from on board ship? Or....hopefully....can you reserve in advance now?

Our cruise isn't until 10/2014 but the cabana was listed as an "excursion".... there are only 15... ( my cruise says 9 remain )...once they sell out they are gone and will not show on the excursion page.

Yes you can reserve before....

We paid for our cabana and THEN emailed Shoreexcursions@carnival.com and already have #15 assigned for our October cruise.. ( they responded and confirmed by email )

Not sure how you did this because this is the response I got

today

Thanks for contacting Tour Operations with your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we cannot hold any cabanas for you in particular as it a first come first serve basis. I would recommend as soon as you get onboard the Liberty please visit the Shore Excursion desk to reserve the cabana that you prefer.

We look forward to having you on board with us and wish you a Happy Sailing!

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

today

Unfortunately, we cannot hold any cabanas for you in particular as it a first come first serve basis. I would recommend as soon as you get onboard the Liberty please visit the Shore Excursion desk to reserve the cabana that you prefer.

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

This was discussed many months ago. Some people were reserving by email, then CCL put a halt to it.

If you think you reserved by email, when you arrive onboard you should go to Shore Ex, the cabana you thought you reserved may not be reserved for you.

You will get a cabana, but cannot reserve a specific cabana in advance.

This was discussed many months ago. Some people were reserving by email, then CCL put a halt to it.

Yep, I was one of the few who slipped in during the brief period during which CCL was allowing specific cabana assignments via email.

If you think you reserved by email, when you arrive onboard you should go to Shore Ex, the cabana you thought you reserved may not be reserved for you.

Even though I had "officially" reserved a cabana by email, I still went to Shore Ex the moment I boarded...and they had already given it away to someone else. When I produced my copy of the confirmation email, they said they'd take care of it...but they still had me down for the wrong one when I checked later.

Which one would I ACTUALLY have gotten?

--We'll never know, as THAT particular port visit was cancelled due to weather.

today

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

This was our response.....

Hello *****,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Shore Excursion Department.

We have blocked Cabana #15 for you. The Shore Excursion team onboard the

Fascination has been informed about it.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Yep, I was one of the few who slipped in during the brief period during which CCL was allowing specific cabana assignments via email.

Even though I had "officially" reserved a cabana by email, I still went to Shore Ex the moment I boarded...and they had already given it away to someone else. When I produced my copy of the confirmation email, they said they'd take care of it...but they still had me down for the wrong one when I checked later.

Which one would I ACTUALLY have gotten?

--We'll never know, as THAT particular port visit was cancelled due to weather.

Good info... While I do have 15 reserved, I will double check on board Thanks !