All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

They did in the beginning and now they stopped the cheers program on HMC unless they have changed it back. It's a Holland island so they control things.

I thought they changed it back. But, they still have time to take it away. I wouldn't buy it for HMC, if it is available there, consider it a bonus.

Lind

I have a few questions...I have perused this thread, and didn't find my answers. We will be traveling with our 2.5 yr old. Is there a paved pathway to use the stroller? Besides playing at the beach, is there much else for her to do? What is the water temperature like at the end of January? Does a beverage card (HAL) work on the island for sodas? I've looked at a map of the island, but I didn't see the restrooms. Where are they located? It looks like a beautiful area. Can't wait for our cruise! Thanks for your help.

I have a few questions...I have perused this thread, and didn't find my answers. We will be traveling with our 2.5 yr old. Is there a paved pathway to use the stroller? Besides playing at the beach, is there much else for her to do? What is the water temperature like at the end of January? Does a beverage card (HAL) work on the island for sodas? I've looked at a map of the island, but I didn't see the restrooms. Where are they located? It looks like a beautiful area. Can't wait for our cruise! Thanks for your help.

Most answers are here on the board. The paved walkways are around the main complex of buildings. Not really near the beach, except where a paved pathway comes down to Cabana #1.

There is a childrens play area. It is water oriented. It is pretty close to where you come onto the island.

Water temp will be in the mid 70s.

There at least two sets of restrooms I am aware of. One behind Cabana #9. The other between the eating area and the beach, roughly behind Cabana #2 or 3.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you, Bruce. I've heard there are other paths that go around the island a bit. Are these just dirt paths or are they paved as well? My LO will enjoy walking a bit, but at the end of the day when she's tired, I don't want to have to carry her all over. We'd probably like to explore a little instead of just hanging out all day at the beautiful beach.

Thank you, Bruce. I've heard there are other paths that go around the island a bit. Are these just dirt paths or are they paved as well? My LO will enjoy walking a bit, but at the end of the day when she's tired, I don't want to have to carry her all over. We'd probably like to explore a little instead of just hanging out all day at the beautiful beach.

There are a few other paths. Stick to the ones in the Village and food area, they are all paved. You 'd have a tough time with a stroller on the dirt paths.

Don't worry about bathrooms, as Bruce pointed out, there's certainly no shortage.

Most are dirt roads.

CruiserBruce: Do you know if the walk to the Oasis Cabana is all solid or do you have to walk through sand? My wife has a leg fracture and will still be hobbling during our week on the Carnival Pride Aug 29th.

CruiserBruce: Do you know if the walk to the Oasis Cabana is all solid or do you have to walk through sand? My wife has a leg fracture and will still be hobbling during our week on the Carnival Pride Aug 29th.

Sorry, I don't. I am going to guess, that it will be relatively solid path, as staff have to transport all the food, beverages, etc, out to feed 12. So I think it will be a pretty solid path.

• 1 month later...

Have a question I can't find answered (have searched every thread about Half Moon Cay...but maybe I am not using the correct terms):

The friend I am going with was assuming that she could change clothes in the cabana (out of or into a bathing suit). From the pictures I have seen it appears to me that the cabanas have no privacy. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Have a question I can't find answered (have searched every thread about Half Moon Cay...but maybe I am not using the correct terms):

The friend I am going with was assuming that she could change clothes in the cabana (out of or into a bathing suit). From the pictures I have seen it appears to me that the cabanas have no privacy. Is that correct or am I missing something?

A person holding a strategically placed towel would provide all the privacy you are going to get in the standard cabanas. The Villas have more privacy.

I KNEW I didn't dream about those curtains in some old photos of the cabanas at HMC! :)

Wonder why they were removed?

Yes, would be nice to be able to change out of a wet swim suit. At the price they charge for a cabana you would think that would be possible. I don't think they are worth the price, but even though my friend is not happy (says the definition of a cabana is a "place to change clothes"....I haven't looked it up;))

she still wants to get one. This is her first cruise and I am trying to get her hooked so I am doing whatever she wants:). It will be fun to see what it is all about.

I KNEW I didn't dream about those curtains in some old photos of the cabanas at HMC! :)

Wonder why they were removed?

They were removed a few years ago. I have no idea why. One might guess there may have been things going on behind the curtain that might be less than desirable for children to encounter. :eek::eek:

Just got back from my cruise on the Victory and I am really glad I booked the cabana. It was a nice place to store your stuff, you had plenty of shade plus the "goodies" were nice i.e. the food, snorkeling gear, and water mats. People were asking to rent the water mats since they cost $10 each. Just wish we had more time at HMC :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app