All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Thanks! I'm excited to be here. I love learning about islands and especially cruises, although I've never done either. Still working on getting there!

You and me both!

So far, I'm 0-for-1 on port-visits to Half Moon Cay...but I'm sure I'll try again. :)

Question: I don't see sinks in the cabana photos.

Is there a spigot or anything available?

Or would you have to use the shower to wash your hands?

Do the cabana showers have hot water or just cold?

TIA

No sink but they do have a outside shower. I don't remember anything about hot water, think its just regular tap unheated. you need to make sure you get the pics of the 2 story jobs they have going on now. They make for one crowded beach. I was just there and spent the money for the very last one at the end and will never do it again.:mad:

I have a cruise booked that will stop at HMC on Jan 14 and on the Excursion list I have this:

Deluxe Cabana Package

Enjoy the ultimate in luxury during your stay on Half Moon Cay with the use of your own deluxe two-story cabana. Board the first tender ashore, or have priority tender use, to maximize your time by being the first guests to arrive. For your comfort, you will find your cabana outfitted air-conditioning, a 5 person capacity hot tub, refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner, dining area with table and chairs inside, misting shower, and private sun deck.

You will be provided with fresh fruit, vegetables with dip, and chips and salsa to snack on as well as an assortment of soft drinks and bottled water to quench your thirst. Beach towels, floating mats, and snorkel gear are also included for your use throughout the day.

Notes:

The Deluxe Cabana Package rate is applicable for up to 8 guests. Parties larger than 8 must book a "Deluxe Cabana Package - Extra Person Surcharge" tour for each additional guest.

Anyone have any more info on this?

If you read back thru this and the other HMC threads, you will see the two story cabanas are still under construction- they aren't open yet. Thus no one has experienced them yet.

Otherwise, the basic components- the food, drinks, etc, are the standard package for the other cabanas.

Edited by CruiserBruce

If you read back thru this and the other HMC threads, you will see the two story cabanas are still under construction- they aren't open yet. Thus no one has experienced them yet.

Otherwise, the basic components- the food, drinks, etc, are the standard package for the other cabanas.

I was just there yesterday. 2-3 of them are darn near completion!

Question: I don't see sinks in the cabana photos.

Is there a spigot or anything available?

Or would you have to use the shower to wash your hands?

Do the cabana showers have hot water or just cold?

TIA

No sinks. The showers are mainly used to rinse the sand from your body. The water is lukewarm, I wouldn't call it hot or cold.

We have a cabana for Nov 2013, I know it comes with water, pop and a few things to eat. What my question is once the water or pop is gone do you have to purchase more? Do waiters come done the beach and take drink orders or do you have to go to the bar? Thanks for any help this is our first time on HMC.

I have a cruise booked that will stop at HMC on Jan 14 and on the Excursion list I have this:

Deluxe Cabana Package

Enjoy the ultimate in luxury during your stay on Half Moon Cay with the use of your own deluxe two-story cabana. Board the first tender ashore, or have priority tender use, to maximize your time by being the first guests to arrive. For your comfort, you will find your cabana outfitted air-conditioning, a 5 person capacity hot tub, refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner, dining area with table and chairs inside, misting shower, and private sun deck.

Cool....although that beach is starting to look a bit crowded!

You will be provided with fresh fruit, vegetables with dip, and chips and salsa to snack on as well as an assortment of soft drinks and bottled water to quench your thirst. Beach towels, floating mats, and snorkel gear are also included for your use throughout the day.

This sounds like the customary cabana snacks package...presumably with increased quantities for up to 8 guests.

So, which cruise line was offering it, and what was the price?

Edited by Pellaz

These are not my images, I was asking where the pictures were taken at on someone elses post.

Eng4-

You'll allow me to use these images? I would LOVE to use your images!! Your's were the first that I saw and I LOVED them!!

We have a cabana for Nov 2013, I know it comes with water, pop and a few things to eat. What my question is once the water or pop is gone do you have to purchase more? Do waiters come done the beach and take drink orders or do you have to go to the bar? Thanks for any help this is our first time on HMC.

Yes you may purchase more. The waiters issue seems inconsistant. I don't recall seeing many waiters further down the beach (we were in Cabana 11) our last two trips.

No sink but they do have a outside shower. I don't remember anything about hot water, think its just regular tap unheated. you need to make sure you get the pics of the 2 story jobs they have going on now. They make for one crowded beach. I was just there and spent the money for the very last one at the end and will never do it again.:mad:

How sad for you. :o. We had the exact same cabana and had the best day of our cruise!!!!! It's in the eye of the beholder.

As far as the two story cabanas, they are VERY close together with not much privacy and clearly on top of the smaller cabanas around them. :eek: it could make for a very non-relaxing mood if you get the wrong cabana and the right partiers next to you.

They appear to be right around where the pirate bar is. The last 2 cabanas on the beach and the first 5 or 6 didn't seem to be effected.

There are plenty of waiters roaming the cabanas to get anything you may need.

The four wheel rover roams the beach with drinks to provide anything.

I tried skimming all bazillion pages of this feed for cabana rental cost changes -- all I found stated that the cabana rental cost is per cabana for up to four people. But when I try to reserve it on carnival.com, they're charging per person. :confused:

Has the pricing changed? Anyone know?

I tried skimming all bazillion pages of this feed for cabana rental cost changes -- all I found stated that the cabana rental cost is per cabana for up to four people. But when I try to reserve it on carnival.com, they're charging per person. :confused:

Has the pricing changed? Anyone know?

That has been discussed here many times as well. It just looks you are paying per person. One person books the cabana at $XXX rate. Just book it that way.

That has been discussed here many times as well. It just looks you are paying per person. One person books the cabana at $XXX rate. Just book it that way.

Then it LOOKS like it's willing to charge my credit card almost $500 to book it, as that's the amount in the checkout cart that then prompts me for my credit card. No thanks.

Edited by nodumblond

Then it LOOKS like it's willing to charge my credit card almost $500 to book it, as that's the amount in the checkout cart that then prompts me for my credit card. No thanks.

Make sure it has only been added one time to the cart. Actually clear out your cart and start over. Add "1".

Only you- one person- books it. Not your traveling companion, or your two friends. Just you. Just one person.