All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Does anyone know if they charge for food on HMC? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I know it is Carnival's island so did not know if that was included or not. Thanks!

No charge for food. A very nice island barbecue will be set up.

• 2 weeks later...
Pick your favourite cabina and tell me why?

hammock, personal waiter etc...

tell me your thoughts and why please

Our stop at HMC was cancelled due to weather --and about 1 in 5 port calls there ARE cancelled -- but I had chosen #9 as my target cabana on our October cruise, based on reports from the most-excellent folks here on CC. :)

It is far enough away from the tender/dock area to avoid most of the crowds, yet not too far to walk back for the 'free' barbecue. It's also just far enough away from the pirate ship bar to avoid the noise.

There's the second set of restrooms right behind it, and there's a walkway between it and #8, making for slightly easier access.

I had pre-selected #9 by email to Carnival before our cruise, but was told I'd been given #8 when I got to Shore Excursions onboard. They said they'd correct it, but the master list still showed me with #8 late that night. We'll never know how things would have shaken out, but I would have been okay with #8 or anything above it.

Pick your favourite cabina and tell me why?

hammock, personal waiter etc...

tell me your thoughts and why please

If you do some reading on this board, with the several huge threads on the cabanas, you will find all the info you will ever need.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Our stop at HMC was cancelled due to weather --and about 1 in 5 port calls there ARE cancelled -- but I had chosen #9 as my target cabana on our October cruise, based on reports from the most-excellent folks here on CC. :)

It is far enough away from the tender/dock area to avoid most of the crowds, yet not too far to walk back for the 'free' barbecue. It's also just far enough away from the pirate ship bar to avoid the noise.

There's the second set of restrooms right behind it, and there's a walkway between it and #8, making for slightly easier access.

I had pre-selected #9 by email to Carnival before our cruise, but was told I'd been given #8 when I got to Shore Excursions onboard. They said they'd correct it, but the master list still showed me with #8 late that night. We'll never know how things would have shaken out, but I would have been okay with #8 or anything above it.

What did they do instead? Another port?

Hi everyone! I'm incredibly interested in HMC (Ha, trust me, I've read through almost all 66 pages of this thread)!! I was wondering if anyone has any pictures that I can use on a personal site that I'm creating about the island? I'll give you credit and everything for taking the pics, but I want to be able to show the beauty of HMC from someone who has actually been there, as I haven't been able to go yet (but saving every dime to be able to afford it!!!). Thanks in advance!!!

Hi everyone! I'm incredibly interested in HMC (Ha, trust me, I've read through almost all 66 pages of this thread)!! I was wondering if anyone has any pictures that I can use on a personal site that I'm creating about the island? I'll give you credit and everything for taking the pics, but I want to be able to show the beauty of HMC from someone who has actually been there, as I haven't been able to go yet (but saving every dime to be able to afford it!!!). Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.