All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Yes they have massages~they do them in a little hut by the beach. I think you can book them on the ship through the spa but there is a excursion hut on the island that you can book them at , sorry but I do not remember the price.

:eek: I am going on May 27th sailing on Carnival Victory booked a couple days ago. The cabanas are sold out. What are my chances that someone cancels their cabana booking? I'm traveling with 2 seniors with health issues. Villas are still available but we are only 4 people.

When we cruised last fall every time I checked online it showed that the cabanas where sold out. I decided to see if I could be put on a wait list as soon as I got on board. I went to the desk first to see and was told that they still had 2 to rent. So when you get on board check and see if any are open and good luck.

Has anyone ever rented bikes?

They are available.

Keep n mind, the island is is only 2,400 acres. 50 acres have been developed. A leisurely walk might accomplish the same as a bike ride. That would give you a 50 acre area to ride in.

Though I've been to HMC before, I can't remember: are you allowed to bring drinks (not alcoholic drinks, but water and soda) from the ship onto the island? At first I was thinking you couldn't, then I remember all of those people selling you bottled water right before you get off of the ship at ports. So now I'm hoping you can.

Though I've been to HMC before, I can't remember: are you allowed to bring drinks (not alcoholic drinks, but water and soda) from the ship onto the island? At first I was thinking you couldn't, then I remember all of those people selling you bottled water right before you get off of the ship at ports. So now I'm hoping you can.

Anything you have onboard can be brought to the island.

The island is merely an extension of the ship.

I'm sure somewhere in 69 pages of info there is an answer...Unfortunately, I'd probably miss the ship if I had to read them all before we sail. We just booked today to add a cruise to HMC & would like to know...

Are there wave runner rentals? If so...prices?

Hobie cat?...

I see the Carnival excursions, but are there any other type of rentals...other than cabana (sold out), umbrella, or bike(too much work)? Thanks

I'd like to know this too if anyone has answers.

• 1 month later...
is the blue things the clamshells? how much and can you move them around? thanks and god bless, candy p

You are correct. $19.00 on HAL, most likely a few dollars less on Carnival. Once they are fixed in place, you are unable to move them.

You are correct. $19.00 on HAL, most likely a few dollars less on Carnival. Once they are fixed in place, you are unable to move them.

What is the cost for the shade/clamshells? This is our first time at HMC-hoping we get there this time. Last time we had to pass due to heavy winds and spent an extra day at sea. I really want to go this time! Any other suggestions for HMC? When coming onto the island is it any quieter on any specific area of the beaches? Looks beautiful! Is there snorkeling from the beach or do you really need to take a tour?

What is the cost for the shade/clamshells? This is our first time at HMC-hoping we get there this time. Last time we had to pass due to heavy winds and spent an extra day at sea. I really want to go this time! Any other suggestions for HMC? When coming onto the island is it any quieter on any specific area of the beaches? Looks beautiful! Is there snorkeling from the beach or do you really need to take a tour?

As you quoted Typhoon, the clamshells are $19, just as you quoted.

When coming onto the island is it any quieter on any specific area of the beaches? Looks beautiful!

Making my second attempt to get to HMC this fall...like you, we had to skip the port under press of weather.

As a general rule, the farther you go from the tender pier, the more and more isolated you will be on the beach. Based on reports here from cabana renters, it seems like if you go past Cabana #9 or so, you'll usually find much smaller crowds. People with Cabanas 14 and up often report on CC that they have the beach almost to themselves.

Is there snorkeling from the beach or do you really need to take a tour?

Hoping to get a solid answer about this, too. I've heard different things about it.

Making my second attempt to get to HMC this fall...like you, we had to skip the port under press of weather.

As a general rule, the farther you go from the tender pier, the more and more isolated you will be on the beach. Based on reports here from cabana renters, it seems like if you go past Cabana #9 or so, you'll usually find much smaller crowds. People with Cabanas 14 and up often report on CC that they have the beach almost to themselves.

Hoping to get a solid answer about this, too. I've heard different things about it.

We want to know if we should bring our own snorkeling gear? We like to swim out from the beach and snorkel if it is worth it....we have been spoiled by Roatan :) love the snorkeling from the beach..best ever!

I read you can only get cabanas at the excursion desk, but then people say they are sold out. How would you know the cabanas are sold out until you get on ship? Are these posters writing from on board ship? Or....hopefully....can you reserve in advance now?

I read you can only get cabanas at the excursion desk, but then people say they are sold out. How would you know the cabanas are sold out until you get on ship? Are these posters writing from on board ship? Or....hopefully....can you reserve in advance now?

Are you sailing on Carnival or Hal? I know on Carnival, you prebook the cabana as an excursion and pay for it. When you get on the ship, you go to the desk to see which cabanas are available and pick the one you want.

If you go to the Excursion page on your Carnival.com, manage my cruise, you should see the cabana's listed and if they are sold out, it will say so right there. If there are any available and you really want one. I would book it (you need to pay when you book it). Depending on the sailing, they can sell out quick.

We want to know if we should bring our own snorkeling gear? We like to swim out from the beach and snorkel if it is worth it....we have been spoiled by Roatan :) love the snorkeling from the beach..best ever!

Because it is a very sandy bottom area, there aren't a lot of fish that I have ever seen, but there are a few. I have seen some poeple post that they've seen good fish while snorkeling there, but I don't think they could have been in the main beach area. It won't be ANYTHING like Roatan, trust me!;)