All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Hey Typhoon1- DW has ordered another Caribbean B2B with two stops at HMC. So booked for Feb2014 on Noordam. Which cabana should I get at each stop? ;) Common on, first time for 2013!!!

Just to satisfy the need Bruce. Any cabana is better then no cabana at all. Since you'll be there next year, tell the DW to splurge and get one of the new two story cabanas.

We were there a few weeks ago, to say the least, they did look interesting. DH got a chance to walk through one after the occupants had gone back to the ship.

We were there a few weeks ago, to say the least, they did look interesting. DH got a chance to walk through one after the occupants had gone back to the ship.

And what did DW say? Inquiring minds want to know!

No need for the bigger villas for us. DW just wants the Butler upgrade and lots of champagne!

Haven't looked yet - excursions not available yet. Is there a Butler upgrade , or similar, for the Villas?

Hello Typhoon1

I booked my very first cabana for my May cruise. I was lucky to get the last two story villa.

Since they are so new I have not been able to find any reviews on them.

What can you tell me about them?

Thanks!

Lynn

And what did DW say? Inquiring minds want to know!

No need for the bigger villas for us. DW just wants the Butler upgrade and lots of champagne!

Haven't looked yet - excursions not available yet. Is there a Butler upgrade , or similar, for the Villas?

Yes, the upgrade is available, Bruce. The villa would probably be great for a large group. Two to four, the standard cabana will serve you just fine.

Hello Typhoon1

I booked my very first cabana for my May cruise. I was lucky to get the last two story villa.

Since they are so new I have not been able to find any reviews on them.

What can you tell me about them?

Thanks!

Lynn

I really can't add much. We did see them from the outside. DH had a chance to walk through one after I had returned to the ship. Said they were pretty nice.

Edited by Typhoon1

• 3 weeks later...

In regards to the cabanas/Villas, does anyone know know if they monitor # of people that you have in them once reserved? We have 7 adults and 3 kids on our upcoming trip and wonder if I would have to pay the extra $50 p/person if I reserve a Villa.

They will only put enough soda, water, salsa, chips and fruit for the number you state so if you say four they won't care how many visit you and the price is the same whether 2 or 4. We had 3 and there was more then we could even think of eating but it was three women so wouldn't snack as much as men or maybe even the kids. They come buy introduce themselves and make sure everything is alright. Also snokel gear and chairs and floating pad for the number you state. We were their in Feb. and that was how it was. A great day.

I have reserved a cabana for May 2013. When I reserved it, I only used my name on the reservation. I'm going to have a total of 4 people. just wondering when do I notify CCL of total number of people? Do I go to the excursion desk when I board the ship. Or do they notify me? Thanks

As soon as you board go straight to guest services and pick your cabana and tell them how many in your cabana. It will be set up for that many but there is plenty of stuff to eat and drink only the scuba gear will be for 4 and the floats. When we left early we let another couple have ours as there was so much fruit and chips & dips left it was a shame just to throw it our. Have a great time beautiful place.

As soon as you board go straight to guest services and pick your cabana and tell them how many in your cabana. It will be set up for that many but there is plenty of stuff to eat and drink only the scuba gear will be for 4 and the floats. When we left early we let another couple have ours as there was so much fruit and chips & dips left it was a shame just to throw it our. Have a great time beautiful place.

Thanks, looking forward to just relaxing.

In regards to the cabanas/Villas, does anyone know know if they monitor # of people that you have in them once reserved? We have 7 adults and 3 kids on our upcoming trip and wonder if I would have to pay the extra $50 p/person if I reserve a Villa.

If you are planning on using the early tender allocated for Villas, you will get 8 tender tickets. I have read that children may not require the tender ticket if with an adult, but not sure if they would make a stink about it.

Other than the tendering issue, you will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Are there beach chairs and/or shade available free on half moon cay? how about rafts for floating? Cabanas sold out plus there is only 2 in our party this time.

There are plenty of shade trees, drag a few lounge chairs and make yourself comfortable.

Clamshells are another alternative to cabanas. Two lounges are provided with each clamshell.

:eek: I am going on May 27th sailing on Carnival Victory booked a couple days ago. The cabanas are sold out. What are my chances that someone cancels their cabana booking? I'm traveling with 2 seniors with health issues. Villas are still available but we are only 4 people.

:eek: I am going on May 27th sailing on Carnival Victory booked a couple days ago. The cabanas are sold out. What are my chances that someone cancels their cabana booking? I'm traveling with 2 seniors with health issues. Villas are still available but we are only 4 people.

also ask on your roll call.... could conceivably share or someone might upgrade to a villa leaving a cabana available.

Let me speak from personal experience. Check on a daily basis. People do and will cancel. They suddenly realize they don't want to spend all that money on their trip.

It does happen. Check daily.

If you are planning on using the early tender allocated for Villas, you will get 8 tender tickets. I have read that children may not require the tender ticket if with an adult, but not sure if they would make a stink about it.

Other than the tendering issue, you will be fine.

Are the early tender tickets for villa people only or are the cabana people also able to get early tickets?