All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

First, which cruise line are you referring to? I believe the prices are still different on the two cruise lines.

Second, if you are just pricing the items provided, of course it doesn't appear to be a good deal. But what is the value of plush loungers, table and chairs, a/c on a warm day, your own personal space, plus many other items? Your place list doesn't close to considering the value.

Sorry, Carnival. I'm looking at 4 Adults and a Tween.

"Worth the cost" is pretty subjective.

Yes, from what I have read, you are correct. It is very subjective, therefore I would like to hear different opinions, and weigh the answers.

Naomi John, with all due respect, your comparative analysis misses the whole point of a cabana. In your case, with a family of 5, you will have a very comfortable meeting place to leave your stuff, wonderful lounges, chairs, shade, a comfortable place to relax, where you can see the beach and watch the kids, a fridge, a shower to wash off the sand, towels, fans and a/c, plus so many other creature comforts.

And then the things you so carefully itemized and priced out.

Naomi John, with all due respect, your comparative analysis misses the whole point of a cabana. In your case, with a family of 5, you will have a very comfortable meeting place to leave your stuff, wonderful lounges, chairs, shade, a comfortable place to relax, where you can see the beach and watch the kids, a fridge, a shower to wash off the sand, towels, fans and a/c, plus so many other creature comforts.

I couldn't agree more with Bruce's perspective.

In my original post I stated I found this from a post in late 2011, I noted the prices and ask a logical question:

$219.95. It included:

4 snorkel gear ($19/adult, $10/child)

4 beach mats, we only got 3 tho ($11.95 ea)

8 soda cans of your choice ($2.25 ea)

2 big bottles of water ($4 ea)

fruits, vegetables and dip (free)"

I'm sure the price went up, but has anything changed on what is included?

Does not really seem worth the cost.

I couldn't agree more with Bruce's perspective.

Perhaps my ending statement could have been posed as a question.

Lets ask a different way. I found this post on this board, it is not the whole post.

"$219.95. It included:

4 snorkel gear ($19/adult, $10/child)

4 beach mats, we only got 3 tho ($11.95 ea)

8 soda cans of your choice ($2.25 ea)

2 big bottles of water ($4 ea)

fruits, vegetables and dip (free)"

I'm sure the price went up, but has anything changed on what is included? How much has the price gone up on a Carnival ship? Will a tween with 4 adults enjoy it as well?

Edited by Naomi John
spelling

Nothing had been added or subtracted, to the best of my knowledge.

The best place for the current price info is the Carnival board, but believe the price is $249 on Carnival.

Does your tween enjoy the beach? If so, then no worries. If not, then other activities may need to be considered.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The best place for the current price info is the Carnival board, but believe the price is $249 on Carnival.

Does your tween enjoy the beach? If so, then no worries. If not, then other activities may need to be considered.

Thanks for the update, she does enjoy a beach.

The Carnival price was $249.00 at last report. CCL never did play around with pricing as HAL did earlier this year.

Can I tell them I have 6 ppl in my Cabana or will they charge me extra?

They will charge you extra if you tell them. Unless your additional people NEED their own floatie mats, snorkeling gear and additional snacks/drinks, don't mention it to them. They won't care.

There were probably at least 8 people hanging out at our friends' cabana this past week in HMC and there was no problem.

• 1 month later...

A small group of 8 have rented a 2 story villa. We are excited to visit HMC!!! Everything I have heard has been awesome and the videos on You Tube absolutely breathtaking. My question is when we booked our 2 story villa there was nothing about butler service upgrade. Can you ask for this when we chose our villa once on board? Or is this something only HAL offers? I think with the food and beverage upgrades that I would like to obtain this if its offered. I called out personal CCL consultant and he has emailed the tours department for further information. Anyone been there some what recently and had butler service through Carnival?

Also, I was wonder if villa 4 down by the mid bathroom how far that is from the bbq and if its a very far walk?

A small group of 8 have rented a 2 story villa. We are excited to visit HMC!!! Everything I have heard has been awesome and the videos on You Tube absolutely breathtaking. My question is when we booked our 2 story villa there was nothing about butler service upgrade. Can you ask for this when we chose our villa once on board? Or is this something only HAL offers? I think with the food and beverage upgrades that I would like to obtain this if its offered. I called out personal CCL consultant and he has emailed the tours department for further information. Anyone been there some what recently and had butler service through Carnival?

Also, I was wonder if villa 4 down by the mid bathroom how far that is from the bbq and if its a very far walk?

Carnival doesn't offer the Butler upgrade. Only HAL.

The walk to the BBQ is maybe 10 minutes.

The walk to the BBQ is maybe 10 minutes.

I think it's closer to 5 minutes tops. From that villa, which I think is next to Cabana #11 (my "home" back in October for a day), the easiest way would be to walk along the road that runs behind the villas and cabanas. You might even get a lift there if one of the shuttles comes up behind you. :)

To be clear on this, you can book a cabana in advance on Carnival. You just can't select which one you want in advance.

Thank you Bruce. I wasn't clear.

I knew what I was saying in my mind, unfortunately not many people join me there:) I was responding to the word "certain" but didn't make it clear. You can reserve, in advance, cabana's, but not a "certain" cabana; you get that once you get on board - go to the guest services desk. They will need sizes for the snorkeling gear.

Linda