All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Yep. Sounds like your gang is going to have a blast!! Here's a pic of Villas A,B, & C.

I think this may be a better option for you. Since you have a special occasion, I'm sure CCL may be able to arrange some type of catering for your party.

Cruiserbruce, Carnival advertises you can book up to 24 people in the Oasis. I'm assuming you've rented it and feel it's too small for that large a crowd? If that's the case I'll probably look at other options.

Typhoon1, in your first post you mentioned renting the Oasis and villa A. I assume that they are somewhat near each other and the villa could be used for the overflow of our additional guests over the 24?

If I decide against the Oasis it looks like maybe the villas might be an alternative. Those are advertised for up to 18 people each so for 30 people I could rent 2 of them hopefully next to each other. I'd really be missing the food, alcohol, ipod hook up and service but accommodating my large group while not putting the employees at risk is more important. Can anyone that has experience with the villas comment on this idea? Any suggestions on providing food and drinks for my group (other than the snacks and soft drinks provided) or is sending them to the food hut the only option?

Thanks again for the advise.

I would speak with the person arranging the wedding on HMC to see if they can somehow accommodate you or make special catering arrangements for you. Congratulations!

Is this an updated map of HMC?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8164/7156987629_c4d0a70ecc_z.jpg

It's showing 20 cabanas, is that right? Cabana 1 would be near the church?

If we wanted to bring lunch back to our cabana, how long of a walk would it be from cabana 8? (the one just north-west of the water sports area near the jogging trail?)

How crowded would the beach be near this cabana? How far a walk would it be to the Aqua Park?

In short, trying to balance not too far from lunch, aqua park, and not too crowded at the beach.

Thanks!

Is this an updated map of HMC?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8164/7156987629_c4d0a70ecc_z.jpg

It's showing 20 cabanas' date=' is that right? Cabana 1 would be near the church?

If we wanted to bring lunch back to our cabana, how long of a walk would it be from cabana 8? (the one just north-west of the water sports area near the jogging trail?)

Thanks![/quote']

One to five if you want to be close to the food pavilion. Anything else might involve walking a short distance. Not a big concern as long as no one in your party is mobility impaired.

This is a more accurate map. The numbers are cabanas, the letters are the villas.

cabanas3.jpg

Thanks! This map is great.

Is it to scale? PP asked about mobility issues: the only "issue" we have is that we'll have both a 5 and a 2 yr old. How far of a walk is it from 6 to the food? I'm thinking that once you pass the food and water sports area, that the crowd would thin out a lot. Is this correct?

Also, how long of a walk from the food to the aqua park?

Thanks!

Jamman54 and Typhoon1

We have Villa D reserved for Mar 8 off the NA. I see some bars on the map, but there do not appear to be any close to Villa D. How far is it to the nearest bar? I have the butler package so my guests will have unlimited drinks. Some will want one constantly in their hands :). I understand there will be some beer and wine brought by the butler, but they may want 'island drinks' particularly the ladies.

thanks

Dennis

Hi everyone. We will be in HMC in early June - this will be our first time on that island and we are really looking forward to it. The tips here are great, but I have a couple questions that I can't find answers to. Hoping you can help!

Hubby and I are traveling with our two sons (ages 6 and 8.) We'll spend a good portion of the day in the ocean, but like the idea of a cabana to have a place to relax and store our stuff. I also like that they come equipped with towels, snorkel gear, floats, and some snacks. Plus, I need a place to get out of the sun for portions of the day because I burn super easy and sun block only helps so much!

So my questions:

1. Are the cabanas close enough to the ocean that hubby and I could sit and watch the boys in the ocean?

2. Also, on the map, it looks like cabanas 1-5 are closest to the food and aqua park, but are they near the swimming area (the map shows the swimming area in front of cabanas 6-10, or so it appears to me.) is there no swimming near cabanas 1-5?

3. Is a melon tray still included in the snacks? And if so, can they be customized? (I am allergic to cantaloupe).

4. Are there lifeguards?

I'm not sure which cabana we should try to reserve. Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Also, if anyone has pics of the aqua park, I'd really like to see them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it to scale? PP asked about mobility issues: the only "issue" we have is that we'll have both a 5 and a 2 yr old. How far of a walk is it from 6 to the food? I'm thinking that once you pass the food and water sports area' date=' that the crowd would thin out a lot. Is this correct?

Also, how long of a walk from the food to the aqua park?

Thanks![/quote']

It is a less than 5 minute walk from cabana 6 to the Food Pavilion. The crowd does thin out once you pass Villas A,B, & C. The walk to the Aqua Park would be 5 to 10 minutes. Pic taken from in front of cabana 4.

A538.JPG

Jamman54 and Typhoon1

We have Villa D reserved for Mar 8 off the NA. I see some bars on the map, but there do not appear to be any close to Villa D. How far is it to the nearest bar? I have the butler package so my guests will have unlimited drinks. Some will want one constantly in their hands :). I understand there will be some beer and wine brought by the butler, but they may want 'island drinks' particularly the ladies.

thanks

Dennis

The closest bar is the Pirate Ship Bar, located between cabana 5 an Villa A.

A539.JPG

Edited by Jamman54

So my questions:

1. Are the cabanas close enough to the ocean that hubby and I could sit and watch the boys in the ocean? The cabanas sit about 50 to 75 feet from the water. I would not watch my 6 & 8 year olds from that distance, but that's me. Pic taken from cabana 4.

A527.JPG

2. Also, on the map, it looks like cabanas 1-5 are closest to the food and aqua park, but are they near the swimming area (the map shows the swimming area in front of cabanas 6-10, or so it appears to me.) is there no swimming near cabanas 1-5? The swimming area encompasses almost the entire beach, except for a small roped off area used by the water sports people for water access for sailboats, kayaks, etc.

A571.JPG

A572.JPG

3. Is a melon tray still included in the snacks? And if so, can they be customized? (I am allergic to cantaloupe). This is what we got on our last visit to HMC on the Splendor. No sliced melon or pineapples, and no veggie platter. we were not happy. You pretty much have to take what they give you.

A543.JPG

4. Are there lifeguards? Yes.

A531.JPG

I'm not sure which cabana we should try to reserve. Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Most crowded and noisy by cabanas 1 to 5, and the Pirate Ship Bar. The crowds and noise thin once you go down beach beyond the first 3 villas. Your choice.

Also, if anyone has pics of the aqua park, I'd really like to see them.

A519.JPG

Hope this helps!!

Edited by Jamman54

Jamman54 and Typhoon1

thanks

Dennis

No need for concern if you have the butler package. Your butler will make sure you and your guests have an ample supply of drinks.

Captain Morgan's would be the closest bar, any specialty drinks would most likely be prepared there.

We had cabana 11 in November, 2012 (the Victory). It didn't seems like any of the cabana's were far from anything. We even walked from the horses to our cabana. If you want to be in the midst of the crowds and closer to the water slide (which I thought was lame), go with the lower numbered cabanas. If you want a little less crowd, but can get to everything easily, go with the mid numbers (even up to 11 or 12). If you want very sparse people and a little further walks, but still not bad, go with 13-15. My husband even brought me back lunch from the BBQ and it was still warm when he got back (I am sure he did hussle).

Loved it.

The water is very gentle. Watching your kids from the cabana should totally depend on their swimming abilities. I would recommend you always keep an eye on them. But, at age 8, I would have let my daughter swim in this water, while I was in the cabana - no problem. She was an expert swimmer. I would NOT let her swim if there wasn't someone to keep an eye on her at all times,, even in a pool.

We had chips, salsa, fruit - including sliced fresh fruit, veggies and dip; we were very happy with that. We would have been dissapointed if we got what was posted in the picture.

If you tend to burn easily, the cabana is the way to go. There are no locks on the cabanas, but I felt safe leaving our stuff there and walking off together.

Although I loved HMC without a cabana, a cabana is definitely worth it. Like Typhoon says "any cabana is better than no cabana".

Linda

Thank you so much for the comments! We went ahead and booked a cabana - thank goodness, too, as there are only 4 left for our cruise date! Thank you for the pictures too - very helpful! We clearly won't be able to sit in the cabana when the boys set in the ocean, but that's ok. I still think the cabana will be worth having.

Is it to scale?

Thanks!

This is a great map. I was there last before the villas. I remember the rest rooms being behind Our cabana. Although nice to be close seemed like a lot more traffic. This map shows it behind #7. Anyone have any input on the location of the rest rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know they can not be reserved until on the ship. And that they run about $20.00 for the day. But what I was not sure about are the following:

Are they also numbered and when you reserve one you get the number to it and it is yours the whole day. Meaning if you go to walk around and come back you show proof that you reserved that one, in case somebody is not aware you paid for it?

If they are "first come, first served and reserved" what happens if you DO want to walk around and then come back? Do you just go to another one not being used?

Just wondered how it all worked out. I have read the pros and cons of them and think I like that we would have a place on the beach, in the shade & DS (9) can play until he's done....but the price of a cabana for 3 ppl is not in our budget.

Thanks!!!

Im not seeing this under activities, do they still rent jet ski's?

For some reason both times I've been to HMC, the excursion is not available until you board. We head to the excursion desk as soon as we get aboard and book the Aqua Traxx excursion and have never had a problem. Since the Jet Ski excursion is not listed online beforehand, it's usually only a few people and it's an absolute blast.

I know they can not be reserved until on the ship. And that they run about $20.00 for the day. But what I was not sure about are the following:

Are they also numbered and when you reserve one you get the number to it and it is yours the whole day. Meaning if you go to walk around and come back you show proof that you reserved that one, in case somebody is not aware you paid for it?

If they are "first come, first served and reserved" what happens if you DO want to walk around and then come back? Do you just go to another one not being used?

Just wondered how it all worked out. I have read the pros and cons of them and think I like that we would have a place on the beach, in the shade & DS (9) can play until he's done....but the price of a cabana for 3 ppl is not in our budget.

Thanks!!!

I think you just get the clam shell when you get on the beach/island. There seems to be plenty of them.

Just leave a towel or bag, something personal but not valuable with your clam shell; it is yours for the day. You do not just take any and, most likely, nobody will take yours. People seem really respectful on the beach, everyone just seems to be having a good time.

I wondered if anyone would just try to come in our cabana if we were not there. Nobody did and, in fact, the hammocks outside the cabana, which is not with the cabana, but for anybody, people always asked us if they could use "our" hammock.

Linda

In the past, when we rented a clamshell the staff had to set it up for you so you didn't just pick out one that was already set-up. We have had miscues in the past where the person who was supposed to be watching our stuff (bags with iPods, Kindles, SLR camera "forgot" they were in charge of the stuff and walked away, leaving our stuff unwatched for over an hour and no one touched it. Not that I recommend that practice, but it ended up OK in that instance.

This is a great map. I was there last before the villas. I remember the rest rooms being behind Our cabana. Although nice to be close seemed like a lot more traffic. This map shows it behind #7. Anyone have any input on the location of the rest rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were in # 8 and the Rest rooms were located behind #9