All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

With the new Bar program on ccl Victory , will you be able to drink on Half Moon cay?As part of your drink package?

Normally, HMC is merely an extension of the ship.

It is probably best to check with CCL to get an accurate answer.

Hi all,

We are sailing Carnival Liberty in Feb and HMC is first stop (hopefully). We have reserved a cabana but I plan to do the excursion Snorkel By Boat and was wondering if anyone has a review of that excursion? Was it a good excursion with plenty of sea life to see? Yes I know I can go down a little ways to snorkel but I don't like being by myself so much in the water...I always think if I am with a group there is a much better chance someone else will be eaten and give me time to get away.:eek:..lol ...any info would be appreciated. :)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Okay...here is my issue. Me, my mother, and my sister (39. 67, 37) will be in HMC in March. I had been hoping for a cabana, but the Carnival website says they are all sold out. My first questions is: are they really sold out or will they open closer to the sail date? Second, If I really am too late, what else is there on HMC? My mom doesn't navigate a lot of sand well. Are there seats close to water and rest rooms? Any help/guidance ya'll could give me would be appreciated!! :D

Thanks!

Okay...here is my issue. Me, my mother, and my sister (39. 67, 37) will be in HMC in March. I had been hoping for a cabana, but the Carnival website says they are all sold out. My first questions is: are they really sold out or will they open closer to the sail date? Second, If I really am too late, what else is there on HMC? My mom doesn't navigate a lot of sand well. Are there seats close to water and rest rooms? Any help/guidance ya'll could give me would be appreciated!! :D

Thanks!

If they are sold out, unfortunately, they will be sold out.

Thanks!

The clamshells are a good idea to rent if you also want a bit of shade. I would walk on the paved path along the road until you find where the restrooms are located. Then see if there is a paved or fairly firm path down to the beach. Pick your clamshell close by and your mother won't have very far to walk in the soft beach sand. There are also paved walkways to go to the buffet area.

Edited by OVgirl

Thanks!

I agree with OVgirl follow the cement pathway behind the cabanas. We rented one of the first cabanas that had a cement path going down to it, I believe it use to be a wheel chair accessible cabana and was right next to the bathrooms. So as you are walking down the path at a certain point you can make a right to the bathrooms and food area or make a left down to the beach. I will warn you that the pathway leads directly to the cabana so at a certain point you need to just go down into the sand though there are lounge chairs right there.

Its a super convienent location because you are right next to the bathrooms and food area. I highly recommend you get off the ship ASAP so you can choose the best lounge chairs. There is also shade right there so you can decide if you want a clam shell or not.

I hope this helps.... it truly is a amazing island to visit. Don't forget to visit the shops as you get off the ship we bought a few t-shirst that are our favorite to this day.

One word of warning the line to get back on the ship can get really long towards the end of the day. Standing in the hot sun can be a problem I like to tuck a small umbrella in my bag at every port just in case.

Thanks!

Wait list yourself. People are taken from the list when someone cancels. Yes, it does happen. We can speak from experience.

If they are sold out, unfortunately, they will be sold out.

They're all sold out now, but cancellations CAN occur before sailing -- it happened on my cruise in October. (I already had one booked, but I noticed one became available after they were sold out. It didn't last long. :) )

To the OP: check on it every few days; you might get lucky. Even if one doesn't become available through cancellation before sailing, there's always a chance of a no-show on embarkation day, hence the suggestion for the wait-list.

Good luck and I hope you get one. Someday I hope to enjoy HMC with or without a cabana, since our port-stop was cancelled due to weather. :(

We will be visiting HMC for the 2nd time at the end of the month-- we are sooo excited! We are getting a cabana for the first time- I just sent an email to hopefully reserve #10. We'll see what type of response I get! I wish more Carnival cruises went to HMC....it's a slice of paradise!

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am definitely going to get on the waiting list but it sounds like we will still have a lot of options if we don't get one. I am so looking forward to some beach time however I can get it!!

Edited by athena73

We will be visiting HMC for the 2nd time at the end of the month-- we are sooo excited! We are getting a cabana for the first time- I just sent an email to hopefully reserve #10. We'll see what type of response I get! I wish more Carnival cruises went to HMC....it's a slice of paradise!

I think you might be disappointed there, since Carnival ceased taking email requests for specific cabanas a month (maybe two tops) after they started the policy. Still, who knows, you might get lucky.

I pre-reserved #9 by email in advance, was confirmed for it, but they still didn't have me down for it when I boarded. :(

HAL is there quite regularly. Give it a try sometime, you may like it.

"HAL, open the tender bay doors."

"I'm sorry, Dave, but -- due to high seas -- I can't do that."

:eek: :D

Well, within a couple of hours of emailing Carnival shore excusions, we got a response in regards to selecting an actual cabana#:

Unfortunatelly you can only reserve the cabanas onboard, placement will be done on a first come first serve bases. Upon arrival you need to visit the Shore Excursion desk to reserve the number and also to give some information to us setting up your cabana. Each cabana will be set for 4 people, this means four pairs of fins, 8 cans of sodas and 2 botteles of water.

If you would like to have friends at your cabana feel free to do so, however those can involve additional charges if you need extra amenities.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

So, not exactly what we were hoping for, but kind of expected. We will just be happy that we know we are getting one of the 15 cabanas! :)

And thanks for the suggestion to look into a HAL cruise that goes to HMC! Maybe for next time around!

Edited by wits0711
forgot to change font color

And thanks for the suggestion to look into a HAL cruise that goes to HMC! Maybe for next time around![/font][/font][/color]

Take a tip from a fellow cheesehead. :D:D

HMC was exclusive to HAL until the company was acquired by Carnival Corp.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure somewhere in 69 pages of info there is an answer...Unfortunately, I'd probably miss the ship if I had to read them all before we sail. We just booked today to add a cruise to HMC & would like to know...

Are there wave runner rentals? If so...prices?

Hobie cat?...

I see the Carnival excursions, but are there any other type of rentals...other than cabana (sold out), umbrella, or bike(too much work)? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Thinking of renting a Cabana for our Carnival Cruise in July - can i call up Carnival to do this?

Also, what happens if its raining that day - can u cancel or no?

Which cabana would u recommend if traveling with kids ?

You book online. They go very quickly. You cannot cancel. You cannot pick which cabana you get.

Thinking of renting a Cabana for our Carnival Cruise in July - can i call up Carnival to do this?

Also, what happens if its raining that day - can u cancel or no?

Which cabana would u recommend if traveling with kids ?

You go into Carnival's site...Manage My Cruise and then you go into Book Shore Excursions. I believe you can cancel if you do it more than 24 hours ahead (as far as I know that's the practice with all shore excursions, and cabanas are considered an excursion). We rented one and it poured torrentially that day (shortly after we got to the island)...I was very happy we had it!;) You can't pick a cabana until you board...go directly to the shore excursion desk. The lower numbered ones are closer to the kids' area.

From the Carnival website photos, it shows the new beach villas lined up on the beach to the left of the pirate ship bar. I believe that some of the cabanas (such as number 6 thru 9) are in that same location. As such, it seems those cabanas would be looking at the back of the 2-story villas. Am I seeing this correctly? If so, I would be very upset to pay $230 for a cabana having a blocked view.

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked a cabanna for our cruise on the Ecstasy to HMC in July. We had a cabanna either 8 or 9 last time we went to HMC and had a great time. It was really nice to have all of the frest fruit and veggies and dips. This will be our second time at HMC and our second time to have a cabanna. Looking forward to another day in paradise.