All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I've posted about the horseback riding. I can't look for the thread now (shhh, I'm at work).

You'll just have to go back and search. There are threads about it.

I did it at HMC after 3 times in GT, then did it again on my next stop at GT because I enjoyed it more. GT is more expensive and the price has gone up since my last ride.

It's better at GT, imho, but still fun at HMC. There just isn't much to see at HMC while GT pretty much gives you an island tour getting up to the north tip of the island, and you ride around up to the lighthouse.

Does anyone know if jelly fish are prevalent at HMC? I unfortunately have discovered that I am highly allergic to them and make every effort to stay out of water where they are known to hang out. Thanks

Saw no jellyfish when we were there in May, and the water is so crystal clear, you should be able to see any sealife from a long way off...

I've posted about the horseback riding. I can't look for the thread now (shhh, I'm at work).

You'll just have to go back and search. There are threads about it.

I did it at HMC after 3 times in GT, then did it again on my next stop at GT because I enjoyed it more. GT is more expensive and the price has gone up since my last ride.

It's better at GT, imho, but still fun at HMC. There just isn't much to see at HMC while GT pretty much gives you an island tour getting up to the north tip of the island, and you ride around up to the lighthouse.

Hum...I like what you're dish-in up. I was thinking about doing the horseback ride in GT. I do want to have a beach massage and go to Jack's Shack. I love eating and drinking 500 beers on the beach. We did that in Mazitlan at a place called Victor's and loved our day. Maybe I will do it both places :cool:What's a girl to do with so many hard decisions:D(just kidding about both places)

I was able to book my cabana from home as well as choose the specific cabanan I wanted. I think it was for a limited time that you were able to do that because the day after mine was all set I saw that Carnival was no longer accepting requests via Email. We are headed there the 23rd. Will be my first crusie and I can not wait. I will keep an eye out for the horseback excursion for you if you like. :)

:DThanks:D

I read maybe a 1/4 of this thread & done a search & still need help. I'm trying to decide which cabana to request once on board. I would prefer one that is further down the beach (10-15) but am now wondering if I'm going to regret that decision. I have a 2.5 yr & 8 yr old that will want to be at the aqua park I'm sure and I'm worried if I get 10-15 I will be constantly walking up & down the beach or get little use of the cabana. I'm hoping that the 2 yr old will want to play in the sand near the water's edge in front of the cabana & the 8 yr old & DH can spend their time at the aqua park. How much use can a 2 yr old (that loves to swim) get out of the aqua park? How deep is the water where the aqua park is? My husband & I also want to snorkel & understand the best snorkeling is by the wall. Is there any decent snorkeling further down the beach around the higher numbered cabanas? I really don't want to have a huge crowd in front of my cabana but it seems like that may be my best choice if I don't want to spend my time walking the beach. Anyone have any advice?

I'd get a cabana closer to the middle. They really aren't that far apart, but I would figure in restrooms and food stuff for your family. Maybe 10 would be good. I can't remember where the bar is (ship), but you may want to steer clear of that, too. I believe 6 is near the bar. I don't think the walk would be much fun for your little ones.

Here is a video that shows you the cabanas:

I read maybe a 1/4 of this thread & done a search & still need help. I'm trying to decide which cabana to request once on board. I would prefer one that is further down the beach (10-15) but am now wondering if I'm going to regret that decision. I have a 2.5 yr & 8 yr old that will want to be at the aqua park I'm sure and I'm worried if I get 10-15 I will be constantly walking up & down the beach or get little use of the cabana. I'm hoping that the 2 yr old will want to play in the sand near the water's edge in front of the cabana & the 8 yr old & DH can spend their time at the aqua park. How much use can a 2 yr old (that loves to swim) get out of the aqua park? How deep is the water where the aqua park is? My husband & I also want to snorkel & understand the best snorkeling is by the wall. Is there any decent snorkeling further down the beach around the higher numbered cabanas? I really don't want to have a huge crowd in front of my cabana but it seems like that may be my best choice if I don't want to spend my time walking the beach. Anyone have any advice?

Any cabana is better than no cabana at all.

Noooo! All the kids need to be down near the water park things! Cabanas #1-#7 are much, much better for families with small kids! Really! They are! Much better!!!

Please leave #8-#15 for us boring just-want-to-relax-and-have-lots-of-peace-and-quiet-away-from-the-noise-and-activity people! :p

For the record, I did email the excursion desk to ask if vests are included with the snorkel gear in the cabanas and were assured that they are. So that's one less thing to think about.

Noooo! All the kids need to be down near the water park things! Cabanas #1-#7 are much, much better for families with small kids! Really! They are! Much better!!!

Please leave #8-#15 for us boring just-want-to-relax-and-have-lots-of-peace-and-quiet-away-from-the-noise-and-activity people! :p

For the record, I did email the excursion desk to ask if vests are included with the snorkel gear in the cabanas and were assured that they are. So that's one less thing to think about.

Yes yes yes, you took the words right out of my mouth! I love children, just not the day I pay for an OverPriced cabana and plan to relax in it. ;)

There are some excursions through Carnival. Since it is their island you will not be able to do excursions that are not carnival sponsored. In my opinion the beach is so beautiful and relaxing you won't want to do much else. You can take walks though, there are some nature paths I believe.

Technically Carnival Corp owns the Island AND Carnival Cruiselines and HAL. :D

(HAL bought the island and then Carnival Corp bought HAL - now HAL gets priority use of the island, with Carnival getting it in the months that HAL in not in the Carib. and the occasional multiship day with both lines)

When we were there in May, vests were NOT included with the snorkel equipment provided in the Cabana... ymmv

There are some excursions, but no "trips" the island of Little San Salvador is 95% undeveloped - it is largely a waterfowl sanctuary. The excursions offered are more nature based - Horseback ride, eco tour, snorkelling, deep sea fishing, etc. There are lots of nature trails/bike trails you can access for free. It is an amazing beach, even if you arent into hanging out on a beach - white sand as fine as powdered sugar, crystal clear water.

Edited by Anthomaniac