All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I believe I saw info about massages, but now I can't find it.

Was thinking about booking a couples massage for DD and my brand-new SIL. Anyone have any idea about prices? If it's way more expensive than on the ship, they'll just have to have them on the ship!

Was thinking about booking a couples massage for DD and my brand-new SIL. Anyone have any idea about prices? If it's way more expensive than on the ship, they'll just have to have them on the ship!

The prices are the same as on the ship as the massages are provided by the same staff.

The only difference is the massage cabana is used.

Well, that would make too much sense, wouldn't it? :o

I suppose I can view the spa treatments for that day and see if they're listed separately. Otherwise, I could be booking for what is on the ship, and since we'll be enjoying our cabana, that would be a silly thing to do!

EDIT: the listing doesn't specify whether it is on the ship or the island. Guess I'll have to send an email.

Edited by NCTribeFan

Well, that would make too much sense, wouldn't it? :o

I suppose I can view the spa treatments for that day and see if they're listed separately. Otherwise, I could be booking for what is on the ship, and since we'll be enjoying our cabana, that would be a silly thing to do!

Give the spa a call and you can arrange for your massage. We've had cabanas and had the spa call us to see if we were interested in a massage.

It was the same price as on the ship and can be booked on the ship or once you get to HMC there is an excursion hut where it can be booked. They will love it! We have a massage therapy school here so we get student massages for $20/hr so it is really hard to book one on the cruise but did do the couples massage.

It was the same price as on the ship and can be booked on the ship or once you get to HMC there is an excursion hut where it can be booked. They will love it! We have a massage therapy school here so we get student massages for $20/hr so it is really hard to book one on the cruise but did do the couples massage.

Are you saying that we can book a student massage for $20 on HMC?

Has anyone ever had a clam shell chair in Half Moon Cay??? It is just me and my dad so we don't wanna get a Cabana. Is a clamshell worth it or should we just get 2 lounge chairs in the shade.

We wanna stay at the beach but neither one of us can be in the sun all day :p

Has anyone ever had a clam shell chair in Half Moon Cay??? It is just me and my dad so we don't wanna get a Cabana. Is a clamshell worth it or should we just get 2 lounge chairs in the shade.

We wanna stay at the beach but neither one of us can be in the sun all day :p

We tried the clamshell once. They become very hot after sun beats on them all day.

Drag a couple of loungers into the shade and you'll be fine.

After the first time, we always rented a clamshell. Yes, it gets hot under there, but the shade doesn't vanish like it can under a tree. It was always easy enough to find a broken lounger that you could drag over and use to prop up the back of the shell so some breeze could get in.

I even rented them when I was there solo.

And, of course, "worth" is way too subjective to tell anyone whether they are worth it for them or not. Only you can decide that after giving it a try. They are very reasonable, so it isn't like you're investing a huge amount of funds to find out if it will be worth it for you.

My issue is that the clamshells used to be available further down the beach. Last visit (probably first day or two of December last year), they now only go down to just before cabana #8. And since they've built that hideous monstrosity of a ship bar, the noise from the music could be heard.

I go to HMC for a beautiful, peaceful, relaxing day. In the past, I had been able to get away from the noise and activity and still have a clamshell.

Oh, and it poured rain for a good part of the morning last time (first time out of 5 that we had anything other than beautiful weather). So it was nice to be able to sit under there and read.

We tried the clamshell once. They become very hot after sun beats on them all day.

Drag a couple of loungers into the shade and you'll be fine.

Some suggest bringing something to prop the back of the clamshell to allow for some ventilation.

Would we do it again? No. We've since graduated to cabanas.

Just got back a few weeks ago and we rented a cabana. It was the second time we have been there and rented one. We booked late and I was put on a waiting list so I didnt have many to choose from. Ended up with number 3 and it was not good. Talk about rude people. We had a whole family move in next to us to be in the shade. That is completely understandable but their actions were not.

They literally sat on the side of our cabana, climbed on the railing leaning into it for the air conditioning. Used our shower whenever they felt like it. When I used the shower they smarted off that I was splashing them.

Came into the cabana when we left it to cool off and look around. Used fowl language all day and smoked like chimneys. They looked at us like I dare you to say a thing. I am normally very mouthy but this family you just knew not to say anything. We had to take turns staying in it to protect our stuff.

Then to top that off, people were moving the lounge chairs closer and closer completely blocking our entrance to our cabana. One older couple literally put their chairs up against the lattice in the front and used the entrance steps as their private table. I did say something but they just looked at me like idiots. They would not remove their stuff so every time I came back I kicked sand off my feet at them. OOPS!

Once back on the ship I went to the excursion desk and told them what happened and asked if I can go on a reserve one farther down the beach when we go back in October. They let me I just hope they stick to it.

Just got back a few weeks ago and we rented a cabana. It was the second time we have been there and rented one. We booked late and I was put on a waiting list so I didnt have many to choose from. Ended up with number 3 and it was not good. Talk about rude people. We had a whole family move in next to us to be in the shade. That is completely understandable but their actions were not.

They literally sat on the side of our cabana, climbed on the railing leaning into it for the air conditioning. Used our shower whenever they felt like it. When I used the shower they smarted off that I was splashing them.

Came into the cabana when we left it to cool off and look around. Used fowl language all day and smoked like chimneys. They looked at us like I dare you to say a thing. I am normally very mouthy but this family you just knew not to say anything. We had to take turns staying in it to protect our stuff.

Then to top that off, people were moving the lounge chairs closer and closer completely blocking our entrance to our cabana. One older couple literally put their chairs up against the lattice in the front and used the entrance steps as their private table. I did say something but they just looked at me like idiots. They would not remove their stuff so every time I came back I kicked sand off my feet at them. OOPS!

Once back on the ship I went to the excursion desk and told them what happened and asked if I can go on a reserve one farther down the beach when we go back in October. They let me I just hope they stick to it.

Wow. What a horrible experience.

Terrible experience. Seems quite typical of the average Carnvial passenger. Now, the Carnival passengers can flame me.

This will be our first time to stop at the island. I am not clear on what the clamshell is. I thought that it would be a clamshell propped open, but it seems that it gets hot and needs to be propped open. Now I have this strange vision of a closed clam shell you crawl in. Help

The cabanas sound great, but just can't justify the expense this trip.

Nancy, you know what a clamshell looks like! :p

It's just stuffy under there because you're pretty much covered from both sides and the back. Unless there's a strong breeze blowing straight off the water, you just don't get much air circulation.

2297021620102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

This is an early morning shot (I was literally the first to step off the first passenger tender). When clamshells are raised, the sides are vertical.

I can't justify the cost of a cabana, either. I'm only renting one this time because there are four of us.

As for Cabana #3, despite Typhoon1's insistence that Any Cabana is Better Than No Cabana, I would be very unhappy with one near all the people, noise and activity.

Had that been me, I would've gone to the excusion hut back by the tender area and insisted that the intruders be removed. And had they refused (and knowing Carnival, they would've done nothing) I would've insisted on a partial refund. And I rarely say that.

Thankfully, I was able to reserve a specific cabana during those few days that it became public knowledge that Carnival would allow it and before they reverted back to not allowing it! And they'd better honor that specific reservation!

There are four of us, so maybe a cabana would be the answer. Any suggestions as to which ones are best? Thanks

Where is Typhoon when we need you? :D:D:D

Define "best". It means different things to different people. There are three huge threads on HMC here to help you define best for you.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Just got back from our cruise on the 24th, we had a Cabana for our day at Half Moon Cay. I would highly recommend the Cabana to everyone. The only downfall, and I am hoping it was a fluke, was that all of our veggies and oranges were moldy. YUCKKKKKKK I threw them all right in the garbage.

Where is Typhoon when we need you? :D:D:D

Define "best". It means different things to different people. There are three huge threads on HMC here to help you define best for you.

Any cabana is better than no cabana at all.