All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

There are four of us, so maybe a cabana would be the answer. Any suggestions as to which ones are best? Thanks

I had #11 in May and I loved the location. Far enough away but still close enough to the restrooms, lunch area. We had no issues with anyone invading our space. If you want to be away from the crowds, I would definately do #10-#15. There also is a hammock (for anyones use) between #11 and #12 if that is something that interest you.

I loved it and would definately do it again.

There are four of us, so maybe a cabana would be the answer. Any suggestions as to which ones are best? Thanks

Well, you have to read through a couple of these very long threads. That's why they're here - to share all that info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188684

And yes - "best" is 100% subjective. Just depends on what you want.

We just got back from our trip (there were 5 of us) we rented Cabana 11, I agree it was close enough to all the ffod/activities but far enough from the crowds. I was the first one in line at the excursion dest when we boarded the ship so I was able to choose any cabana I wanted. I did not that staying away from the crowds was important to me. We were on the first tender and we actually had the beach to ourselves for the first hour. It was so nice.

yes. they will honor the cabanas reserved a head of time on Carnival. I called carnival and they told me that it could no longer be done and assured me NO ONE on our ship had a cabana reserved already. Guess what? While in line at the shore excursion desk- a couple were there just to make sure thier reservation was still good because they did it! Yup- Carnival's word is good!! At least I got a good location though.

yes. they will honor the cabanas reserved a head of time on Carnival. I called carnival and they told me that it could no longer be done and assured me NO ONE on our ship had a cabana reserved already. Guess what? While in line at the shore excursion desk- a couple were there just to make sure thier reservation was still good because they did it! Yup- Carnival's word is good!! At least I got a good location though.

Which one did you get?

We got #12 the yellow one. I originally wanted #10 (that's the one the ppl reserved ahead) but was really happy we went higher up. It was like our own beach area yet not far from things. Even though the cabana's are not far from each other it made a little difference in just being up the beach a little farther. Would definately get this one again.

We got #12 the yellow one. I originally wanted #10 (that's the one the ppl reserved ahead) but was really happy we went higher up. It was like our own beach area yet not far from things. Even though the cabana's are not far from each other it made a little difference in just being up the beach a little farther. Would definately get this one again.

I have #10 book for our cruise next month. I can't wait. Seems like it is a good location no to far away from things but just "far" enough away. Any pointers???

I have #10 at the end of October. I keep wondering if we'll have a constant flow of foot traffic right in front of us with people heading to the rest rooms.

I need to stop worrying about these things. I'm sure it will be wonderful. :D

Let us know if there's a hammock between 9 & 10. I'm thinking I remember seeing them between every other cabana as I walked past.

I have #10 at the end of October. I keep wondering if we'll have a constant flow of foot traffic right in front of us with people heading to the rest rooms.

I need to stop worrying about these things. I'm sure it will be wonderful. :D

Let us know if there's a hammock between 9 & 10. I'm thinking I remember seeing them between every other cabana as I walked past.

We had 9 and 10 on a cruise a couple years ago. Didn't notice a lot of traffic headed to rest rooms. It was a perfect location for us. In fact, when we went back to HMC last year we ended up in that same area (without a cabana) because we liked how quiet it was but still close to rest rooms and where they serve food. We'll probably head that way on Sunday when we're there again...just feels like a less crowded area.

Thats the one I have for November. I think it's violet. Just don't know why both lines can't call them the same, numbers and colors can be confusing. Some of the colors don't even look like that color:eek:

Violet it is. Although, I have heard it referred to as Mauve. Just like 11 has been called light purple when the real name is gray.

Edited by Typhoon1

Violet it is. Although, I have heard it referred to as Mauve. Just like 11 has been called light purple when the real name is gray.

I think the "mauve" "gray" thing came from the photo that is floating around out there from HAL.

Thats the one I have for November. I think it's violet.

You're in fabulous company! :D

Here is the link to the cabana colors/numbers photo thingy thread! :D

That photo is great for seeing the various cabanas, but unfortunately the colours do not match the colours on HAL's website. I would strongly recommend calling the Shore Excursion Desk prior to booking to confirm the location of a specific cabana to be sure there's no mixup with colours. Here's the info that another member posted in another thread:

Ok as stated this link is a good photo of all of the Cabanas. When booking with HAL you book by Cabana Color and HAL's colors differ on a couple from the pic...

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

Here is a list of Cabana Number & HAL's colors.

1 Taupe (not grey as in picture)

2 Blue

3 Turquoise

4 Orange

5 Sky Blue (not light blue as in picture)

6 Purple

7 Peach

8 Pink

9 Egg Shell

10 Green

11 Gray (not light purple as in picture)

12 Yellow

13 Terracotta

14 Red

15 Violet (not Mauve as in picture)

The easiest one to mix up is the "grey" one as you might be hoping to book the first one (handicap accessible) but end up with #11, which is further down the beach and would be hard for someone with mobility concerns.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PeaceLoveCruise

I know the clamshells used to go all the way down as far as the cabanas do, but last time, we were in the next-to-last and it was just before cabana #8. As I noted when I returned, I was disappointed because I wanted to be further down the beach and further away from The Monstrosity Ship Bar.

And I just answered my own question about the hammock by watching the YouTube video (linked in the cabana review thread) that shows at least one right next to #10, on the far side. :D

Thanks

We are Florida residents, so a beach day isn't amazing, though in sure that beach will be! I think we will sleep in, then head to shore to eat at the buffet. Then I think we will go way down the beach, past the cabanas to get some privacy and just enjoy the water.

How does getting off the ship work, with the tender? If we stay on board too late will be stuck on all day?

Sorry for all the silly questions, this will be our first cruise! Two weeks to go!

Thanks

We are Florida residents, so a beach day isn't amazing, though in sure that beach will be! I think we will sleep in, then head to shore to eat at the buffet. Then I think we will go way down the beach, past the cabanas to get some privacy and just enjoy the water.

How does getting off the ship work, with the tender? If we stay on board too late will be stuck on all day?

Sorry for all the silly questions, this will be our first cruise! Two weeks to go!

Hmmmmm. Ummmm. HMC is nothing like Florida. I've never seen blue like that before. I wouldn't sleep in if it were me. The earlier off the ship the better. That's just me.

Enjoy!

Hmmmmm. Ummmm. HMC is nothing like Florida. I've never seen blue like that before.

Good point. Let me rephrase to prevent any flaming lol. A day at the beach in general is not usually our thing. Fair skinned geeks, we don't do well with crowds and hot sand ;)

Specifically my husband, he hates going to the beach (he's weird)

Tenders run all day.

If you leave the ship early, they may/may not be using tender tickets. If they start out using tickets, by late morning it changes to anytime you wish to leave.

Thanks to both of you! I'm an over planner :rolleyes: