All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Good point. Let me rephrase to prevent any flaming lol. A day at the beach in general is not usually our thing. Fair skinned geeks, we don't do well with crowds and hot sand ;)

Specifically my husband, he hates going to the beach (he's weird)

Gotcha! He would probably not like our ski slopes here then either. ;)

Enjoy your cruise!! (You will love HMC!)

I know I asked way back about vests being included with the snorkel gear. I showed the "review" thread of Cabana #10 to my friend over the weekend and noticed that they said they were included. That original thread is a couple of years old.

Can anyone who has RECENTLY had a cabana confirm whether or not inflatable vests are included? If not, I'm going to email the excursion desk to ask for a couple.

Do you just reserve a clamshell when you get onboard from Shore excursions desk and does anyone know how much the clamshell is??

I think you go to the excursion desk ON HMC, when you get off the tender it will be to your right. I think they are $20, not sure though

Reading back on this thread, you will see clamshells are $14, and can be reserved onboard.

Incorrect.

From HAL;

Clamshell Sunshade Rental (Includes 2 Chairs)

Relax under your very own clamshell on the beautiful and aptly named beach at Half Moon Cay—a crescent-shaped stretch of powdery white sand and inviting turquoise water.

Varies

Price: $15.95 *

*Price is per party, not per person

We just came back, and I remember seeing a life vest amongst the snorkel gear, it may have only been for the kids one though. It was the kind you put on and have to inflate by blowing into the tube.

That's all I need! I'm going to email the excursion desk and just let them know that I'll need a couple. Just in case!

As for the clamshells, you do not reserve them onboard on Carnival. At least not that I know of. If you want to be away from the action, further down the beach, just walk down to the Sports Hut #2 (see the map). It's down around cabana 6, I believe.

If you go to the first hut (not the excursion counter by the tender dock, but on the beach), you'll get a clamshell closer to that area. They guy who puts the brace in isn't going to walk all the way down the beach.

Yeah, it was $16 last year. I knew it had gone up a couple of dollars.

I've never seen jellyfish at HMC.

Good Morning,

I read about 200 of the first posts about the cabanas. I then realized that they were posted in 2009. I have been trying to find some more current answers to my questions. Can you now rent cabanas from home? How much do they cost now. I think the last thing I read was $225. But that was on page 5. I am not sailing until July 2013. I think my husband and I want to rent a cabana and do the horseback riding excursion:D

Good Morning,

I read about 200 of the first posts about the cabanas. I then realized that they were posted in 2009. I have been trying to find some more current answers to my questions. Can you now rent cabanas from home? How much do they cost now. I think the last thing I read was $225. But that was on page 5. I am not sailing until July 2013. I think my husband and I want to rent a cabana and do the horseback riding excursion:D

That's one of the highlights of a trip to HMC.

:oThat's a lot of Pina Colada's. My cabana was 229.99. I'll just say $130.00.:p

I was able to book my cabana from home as well as choose the specific cabanan I wanted. I think it was for a limited time that you were able to do that because the day after mine was all set I saw that Carnival was no longer accepting requests via Email. We are headed there the 23rd. Will be my first crusie and I can not wait. I will keep an eye out for the horseback excursion for you if you like. :)