All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I wonder how much longer CCL is going to allow this to continue.

They are now being bombarded by emails requesting cabanas. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Cabanas are supposedly reserved, but not paid for. They normally want some $$$ before reserving anything.

This might be the straw that breaks thru....

I wonder how much longer CCL is going to allow this to continue.

They are now being bombarded by emails requesting cabanas. We'll have to see what the future holds.

Cabanas are supposedly reserved, but not paid for. They normally want some $$$ before reserving anything.

Mine's paid for! I booked it online. Then, after seeing the other thread that it might be possible to reserve a specific cabin and not wait until I board, I sent the email.

When I wrote, I gave her both my booking number and the confirmation number for the cabana reservation. I've printed the email from Carnival as an acknowledgment and will take it with me when I go to the excursion desk to confirm the other things.

Online excursions are charged to your card when booked.

Are you saying that people are "reserving" a particular cabin without having to purchase it first? That doesn't make sense. :confused:

Edited by NCTribeFan

When you reserve a cabana with Carnival you have to pay in full. Once aboard you get to pick which cabana you want on a first come first served basis. This is why everyone is wanting to pick their number before boarding. Your preference may be gone by the time you get on the ship.

yeah, i paid for mine already too. i was ready to wait until i got onboard but decided to try emailing my preference when i read this thread. glad it worked.

I did the same thing for our cruise in Sept. I also got an e-mail back that #10 is reserved for us. Also, we are paid in full.

I did the same thing for our cruise in Sept. I also got an e-mail back that #10 is reserved for us. Also, we are paid in full.

If it's paid for, you might stand a chance. It will be interesting to see if people are getting what they have requested.

CCL may say "what request, we already gave that one to someone else".

If it's paid for, you might stand a chance. It will be interesting to see if people are getting what they have requested.

CCL may say "what request, we already gave that one to someone else".

I'm still confused. Are you saying that if the CRUISE is paid for that you have a better chance?

Mine isn't. I don't pay off my cruise until I have to. But, of course, I had to have the cabana charged to my credit card to reserve it.

Cabana is paid for (has to be) but cruise isn't. Got the cabana i requested through the email. See my post from Wednesday morning. Emails were sent on Tuesday.

Also, when I was talking to my PVP the other day, he told me they were going to build more. I told him they should've put in a couple more cabanas instead of that stupid pirate ship bar!

Anyway, so do people think #10 is far enough away from the bar that we won't hear the bad pop music blaring? If that's what I'd wanted, I would've asked for #5!

I'm still confused. Are you saying that if the CRUISE is paid for that you have a better chance?

Mine isn't. I don't pay off my cruise until I have to. But, of course, I had to have the cabana charged to my credit card to reserve it.

Cabana is paid for (has to be) but cruise isn't. Got the cabana i requested through the email. See my post from Wednesday morning. Emails were sent on Tuesday.

Also, when I was talking to my PVP the other day, he told me they were going to build more. I told him they should've put in a couple more cabanas instead of that stupid pirate ship bar!

Anyway, so do people think #10 is far enough away from the bar that we won't hear the bad pop music blaring? If that's what I'd wanted, I would've asked for #5!

With #10 you shouldn't hear the Pirate Bar...

I think #10 will be pretty great. Except green isn't my color. Maybe I should switch to #9 or #11.

:p JOKING!!!! :p

Does the snorkel gear include float vests or is it just mask and fins? I'm not a swimmer, but I will get in the water and snorkel if I can wear a flotation device.

I think #10 will be pretty great. Except green isn't my color. Maybe I should switch to #9 or #11.

:p JOKING!!!! :p

Does the snorkel gear include float vests or is it just mask and fins? I'm not a swimmer, but I will get in the water and snorkel if I can wear a flotation device.

Doesn't include a vest, but you shouldn't really need one, the salt water makes you sooooo buoyant (Esp if you are a little fluffy like me) :D:D:D

I'm not very bouyant, even though I am fluffier than I was 30 years ago!

I'm working very, very hard to be much less fluffy than I am currently since DD's wedding is 10/20. And I'm hoping to wear my dress formal nights on both legs of the B2B.

I know they have flotation vests because they issue them at the stingray excursion. I wonder if I ask when I board if they can provide one for me, or I'll even rent one at the watersports hut.

I was referring to the cabana being paid for.

I was referring to the cabana being paid for.

That's what I thought. People aren't sending an email asking for Cabana #X without having first purchased it, are they? That just doesn't make sense.

You can't ask for them to hold Cabana X for you until you have A cabana reserved!

I thought they were stating that they paid for the cabanas but originally had to wait to "reserve them" until they were on the ship. That's when people started sending the e-mail requests. My understanding is that they are paid for when they ask to reserve them.

When you email your request for a specific cabana you must provide them with your confirmation number when you initially booked the cabana and also your carnival cruise booking number.

:)

When you email your request for a specific cabana you must provide them with your confirmation number when you initially booked the cabana and also your carnival cruise booking number.

:)

According to a post in another thread. The email requests have been halted.

Don't even bother. Those that got away with it were lucky. Wait until you board and see if your request will be honored. :eek:

Wow. For once, it seems as though I actually had perfect timing! Usually, I'm the person who just misses out! :o

I did print my confirmation email and will take it with me. Since I'm on a B2B, maybe I can even confirm it on Leg 1, but I don't know if the desk will have the next sailing's info available. We'll see.

Wow. For once, it seems as though I actually had perfect timing! Usually, I'm the person who just misses out! :o

I did print my confirmation email and will take it with me. Since I'm on a B2B, maybe I can even confirm it on Leg 1, but I don't know if the desk will have the next sailing's info available. We'll see.

That's what I'm hoping to do too. If I can't confirm on Leg 1, I will already be on board waiting for the desk to open.:)

I would not be surprised to see none of those requests honored.

CCL admitted they made an error. It may just be back to square one for everyone.

That's what I'm hoping to do too. If I can't confirm on Leg 1, I will already be on board waiting for the desk to open.:)

Yeah, but I'd hate to spend my first-ever no-rush turnaround B2B day standing around hoping the Excursion Desk will open!

Be sure to let us know what happens when you return.

Not sure everyone noticed my comment that my PVP told me they were building additional cabanas. I should've asked him when that was going to happen, but I didn't. Next time I talk to him, I'll see if he has any more info.

Not sure everyone noticed my comment that my PVP told me they were building additional cabanas. I should've asked him when that was going to happen, but I didn't. Next time I talk to him, I'll see if he has any more info.

Do we really need a beach littered with cabanas? Now that HAL has undergone a price increase, I can see the cabana craze die out.

Carnnival cruisers, you should be next.

Do we really need a beach littered with cabanas? Now that HAL has undergone a price increase, I can see the cabana craze die out.

Carnnival cruisers, you should be next.

No. Absolutely not in favor of more cabanas! HMC was so much better before HAL decided to "share" with another Cruise company. Money paying for it or not, those of you who missed out on HMC prior to 6-8 years ago.... Really missed out! Imho

PeaceLoveCruise