All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

So, we have decided not to rent a cabana for our cruise in November because of price increase. Are there lounge chairs availabe for anyone to use or do you then have to rent a clam shell in order to use them? Also, would there be shade available to put the chairs in?

TIA

So, we have decided not to rent a cabana for our cruise in November because of price increase. Are there lounge chairs availabe for anyone to use or do you then have to rent a clam shell in order to use them? Also, would there be shade available to put the chairs in?

TIA

Go early the chairs in the shade are the first to go.

TIA

A very wise move. We will skip the cabana for February, unless, they decide to reduce the price.

The only way to send HAL a message is with your wallet.

Let those things sit empty.

Could we afford the increase? Sure. Should we be held hostage to corporate greed? I won't.

Have never been to HMC and am going in Sept with a wedding party and want to know if you can rent a sun shade. My cruise details show the cabanas are sold out already and just wanted some shade!!! Any response would be a big help. THX

Have never been to HMC and am going in Sept with a wedding party and want to know if you can rent a sun shade. My cruise details show the cabanas are sold out already and just wanted some shade!!! Any response would be a big help. THX

You can rent a clamshell. It comes with 2 lounge chairs.

PeaceLoveCruise

There are plenty of lounge chairs and shade trees.

We found the clamshells to be very hot with the sun beating on the canvas.

Thanks so much to everyone who provided info on this thread. I went ahead today and booked a cabana for our Novmber Carnival cruise. There's a discount code thread on the Carnival board that you can use to save 10%. I thought they'd all be gone but it said there were 11 left. But then again, no one has even started a roll call for it.

It was $229.99 less $23 discount came to $206.99

Just giving everyone the updated info!

And being we've never had anything like this befor, we are SO excited!!!!

Shawn

I'm booked on the Carnival Victory for September 2013. It appears that I can't book a cabana this early? Or is the Carnival site not working?

I'm wondering if I can call Carnival and book one over the phone.

Does anyone know if there is a "release date" for booking the Cabanas?

I'm booked on the Carnival Victory for September 2013. It appears that I can't book a cabana this early? Or is the Carnival site not working?

I'm wondering if I can call Carnival and book one over the phone.

Does anyone know if there is a "release date" for booking the Cabanas?

I was able to book mine 9 months before but I'm not sure when the release date would be. I can tell you that you cannot book them over the phone and they need to be paid for when booked.

I enjoyed my cabana and would definately recommend them. Enjoy!

Thanks so much to everyone who provided info on this thread. I went ahead today and booked a cabana for our Novmber Carnival cruise. There's a discount code thread on the Carnival board that you can use to save 10%. I thought they'd all be gone but it said there were 11 left. But then again, no one has even started a roll call for it.

It was $229.99 less $23 discount came to $206.99

Just giving everyone the updated info!

And being we've never had anything like this befor, we are SO excited!!!!

Shawn

Thanks for sharing! I found the code. Now just need to pick a cruise!

I was able to book mine 9 months before but I'm not sure when the release date would be. I can tell you that you cannot book them over the phone and they need to be paid for when booked.

I enjoyed my cabana and would definately recommend them. Enjoy!

5-9 months in advance.

THANKS!! So I guess I need to keep checking back on the excursion page. Bummer, I was ready to book mine NOW!!! Our cabana on HMC last year was my favorite part of the whole cruise!!! :)

Someone just posted on another thread that Carnival now allows you to pre-select your cabana. Does anyone know for a fact that this is true? (There are many doubters on that thread.) I called Carnival; they referred me their shore excursion folks, who won't be available until Monday.

I have one booked for November; would LOVE to be able to snag the one I want now, rather than having to board the ship really early.

Someone just posted on another thread that Carnival now allows you to pre-select your cabana. Does anyone know for a fact that this is true? (There are many doubters on that thread.) I called Carnival; they referred me their shore excursion folks, who won't be available until Monday.

I have one booked for November; would LOVE to be able to snag the one I want now, rather than having to board the ship really early.

I just booked one today and there was no place to select the cabana number.

For Carnival cruisers, I just confirmed: if you've got a cabana booked and paid for for an upcoming cruise, e-mail shoreexcursions@carnival.com with your booking number and the cabana you'd like; they'd be happy to oblige.

As the lol-cat pic says, "THIS IS GERMANE TO MY INTERESTS." :D

I just sent them an email requesting one of the 'middle' cabanas for my cruise. Hope the tram goes out that far, as my mom might need to use it.

For Carnival cruisers, I just confirmed: if you've got a cabana booked and paid for for an upcoming cruise, e-mail shoreexcursions@carnival.com with your booking number and the cabana you'd like; they'd be happy to oblige.

I tried it and was told they only reserve cabana's for people with special needs. I think since so many people started requesting it they stopped.