Golden Princess Alaska photos

Colo Cruiser

First off I would like to say thanks for all your posts throughout the site. You are always informative and never insulting to anyone. It is a shame how often that happens on these posts.

And now most importantly your pictures were phenomenal! I never wanted to cruise to Alaska. My thoughts were always sun and warmth for a cruise. My brother went on his honeymoon to Alaska and said it was life changing the beauty of the land and wildlife. Your pictures showed me that is true. The are just spectacular. To the shock of many yesterday I said Yes I would now consider cruising Alaska.

Again many thanks.

Hope everyone enjoyed my view of this trip, I tried not to overdo the amount of photos, but I had a ton anyway. I enjoyed sharing them with everyone. ;)

Thank you for sharing Keith. Very cool.

Cant wait to get on her in Oct. NOW though. You have us itching for Alaska.

Thanks again. GREAT job.

I enjoyed your photos of the ship as well as the beautiful scenery. Did anyone have the balcony partitions removed on your sailing? I have two cabins and am told we can request partitions be removed, but it's hard to tell from the photos if it's only a small door or if the area would be opened up to share a roomier balcony. Thanks for sharing!

Fingers crossed we get the same beautiful weather you had! Terrific pictures.........thanks for posting them.

P.S. You may consider doing an Alaskan Brochure. Every Brochure I ever saw had clouds....yours are BEAUTIFUL!

I enjoyed your photos of the ship as well as the beautiful scenery. Did anyone have the balcony partitions removed on your sailing? I have two cabins and am told we can request partitions be removed, but it's hard to tell from the photos if it's only a small door or if the area would be opened up to share a roomier balcony. Thanks for sharing!

No partitian removal, just a small door (approx 30 inches) on the cabin end that unlocks and swings back out of the way. ;)

I loved, loved, loved your pictures! :D They are truly amazing! They bring back a lot of memories of our past cruises to Alaska ~ and remind me why I love cruising there so much.

I cannot wait to go back! Seven days is just not long enough though ~ wish I could spend the whole summer up there. ;)

Your photos of the ports were great, showing the Golden docked with the sun shining so nicely. Have you posted a review yet? I just briefly checked under member reviews and didn't see it. Thank goodness there's so much valuable info on Cruise Critic! I'd like to know if you just wandered around the ports, booked independent tours, or used Princess excursions. I'm running out of time trying to decide what to do, so any info you can share is appreciated. Right now I'm planning to do Emerald Lake in Skagway and maybe a float plane tour in Juneau (or is it Ketchikan?) As a 40+ Princess passenger, you are surely an expert cruiser. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, no review but I did a "Live from the Golden...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=996146

We have done this trip several times so we just walked around the ports.

The best tour we did a couple of years ago was the Taku Lodge flightseeing in Juneau.

It was fantastic!!

We have rented a car in Skagway a couple of times before and drove to Emerald Lake.

I have been thinking of posting my Alaska pics from Sapphire May 16-30th. Yours are really, really beautiful and put mine to shame. I guess I'll put them out there anyway. Thanks for these very nice shots, Chuck

Thanks for posting!! Beautiful photos! Did you by chance happen to notice the new chapel on Deck 15... I am trying to find out if it has any windows in it. We are supposed to have our ceremony in the chapel on the Golden but have the option to have it outside on deck also. Trying to decide.

Thanks so much for putting these up. My husband and I are going with our 2 kids, 5 & 8 and their grandparents June 20-27. The ship looks awesome. We have been following the dry docking online and are happy to see it looks beautiful. No matter what we will have a blast !

It has been decided...the photos you posted were just inspiring...next cruise Alaska, I could actually feel the peace just viewing them I really can't imagine standing on a balcony being there...I hope my contract at school in renewed :)! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them all!

What can I say that won't duplicate the fulsome thanks you've already received? Your Live From made an Alaskan cruise sound enticing but your terrific photography definitely sealed the deal. Thanks so much for sharing these amazing photos with us!

Thank you for taking the time to share your photos! We are sailing on Sapphire Princess on September 5th and seeing your photos, I am just thrilled we have booked this trip to Alaska. It will be out first cruise there and now I really can't wait.

Thank you very, very much!

Thanks for posting!! Beautiful photos! Did you by chance happen to notice the new chapel on Deck 15... I am trying to find out if it has any windows in it. We are supposed to have our ceremony in the chapel on the Golden but have the option to have it outside on deck also. Trying to decide.

No sorry, I looked in from the hallway but did not notice any windows.

If there are they would/could only be on one wall and that is to the right as you face the altar looking from the Port to the Starboard side. :)

Archived