What ammenities are provided for inside staterooms?

tcrny

Hi - we are new to NCL and will be traveling on Dawn next week. Just wondering if things like shampoo and conditioner are provided? Also is there a hair dryer? Thanks very much for your replies!

Hi - we are new to NCL and will be traveling on Dawn next week. Just wondering if things like shampoo and conditioner are provided? Also is there a hair dryer? Thanks very much for your replies!

yes there is a dispenser on the shower wall with body wash and shampoo/conditioner combined. We used our own shampoo though as I don't like shampoo/conditioner combos. There is a dryer in all rooms. We had a balcony but our kids had an inside opposite us. - mummsie

Thanks ... will definitely bring my own conditioner. I was wondering whether the hair dryer supplied in the room is adequate. My 2 teen daughters with us, but I'm trying to cut down on what we pack and whether or not we need to bring our own.

They may not agree about being adequate, but folks to manage with them. It does safe some weight and space,and teen girls bring LOTS of stuff. LOL

I'm in complete agreement with this! There's one there and they can deal with it!! :p I wish I could tell you more, but I don't use blow dryers so I can't comment on the 'adequacy' of the ones provided anywhere. I can tell you that in a warm climate hair dries quickly (until recently I had hair down to my butt, and it usually takes forever to dry, but I've never had a problem on cruises). We usually have inside cabins ourselves, and with four people everyone has to take turns getting ready, so if there's something they NEED (desperately no doubt) to curl their hair for and the blow dryer doesn't cut it, if they shower first, they can head outside for a few minutes to air dry while everyone else goes and come back with dry hair ready for action. :)

It may sound crazy, but they may find once they get on board that they don't care as much about how 'perfect' their hair is! One can always hope. :)

From what I remember, the Dawn had a regular hairdryer, which is fine. The Spirit had a hairdryer that was basically like a vacuum hose, which took forever to use. Does anyone know about the Gem hairdryers?

I'm in complete agreement with this! There's one there and they can deal with it!! :p I wish I could tell you more, but I don't use blow dryers so I can't comment on the 'adequacy' of the ones provided anywhere. I can tell you that in a warm climate hair dries quickly (until recently I had hair down to my butt, and it usually takes forever to dry, but I've never had a problem on cruises). We usually have inside cabins ourselves, and with four people everyone has to take turns getting ready, so if there's something they NEED (desperately no doubt) to curl their hair for and the blow dryer doesn't cut it, if they shower first, they can head outside for a few minutes to air dry while everyone else goes and come back with dry hair ready for action. :)

It may sound crazy, but they may find once they get on board that they don't care as much about how 'perfect' their hair is! One can always hope. :)

Not criticizing you by any means a but person who doesn't use a dryer or who can get by with air drying just doesn't understand. ;) Hair is our "crowning glory" and for some, it IS important to have perfect, or almost perfect, hair all the time and especially teenagers.

Men always seem to be the ones who say you can get away with the hose type dryers.:p Unless you have short thin hair in a basic cut, those dryers are next to worthless.

Not criticizing you by any means a but person who doesn't use a dryer or who can get by with air drying just doesn't understand. ;) Hair is our "crowning glory" and for some, it IS important to have perfect, or almost perfect, hair all the time and especially teenagers.

Men always seem to be the ones who say you can get away with the hose type dryers.:p Unless you have short thin hair in a basic cut, those dryers are next to worthless.

Exactly right! For myself and my daughter the hair dryer is a non-negotiable.:D

Hi

We just went on NCL to Alaska (the pearl) 21-28June, and staterooms provide hairdryer,shampoo and shower gel , which are sold and used in their spa also, but no conditioner is provided. You can also request robes from the housekeeping.

:p

Have fun.

Hi ... I"m not going to bother bringing another hair dryer. Sounds like Dawn will work fine for us. Mostly my oldest DD worries most about her hair. With 4 in a room, we all have to take turns. But its freestyle, so no schedules ... yeah! That is fine with me :rolleyes:

I don't believe the Elemis products are used in inside cabins. I think they're only for suites and above (don't quote me, I could be wrong).

We had inside cabins in Dawn and Pearl in the last year or so, and the Elemis products (in limited variety) were used in these cabins. I did not like the smell of the shampoo/conditioner (smelled "medicinal" to me)....but others here really like it.

We brought our own deodorant bar soap and did not use the shower gel (I guess we are old fashioned)...if using the gel, may want to consider bringing your own shower "puff" to use with it....those are not provided on the ship.

Archived