Ft Lauderdale - Pre-cruise wine store

Sailor Gal

We want to pick up some bottles of wine before boarding the cruise ship in Ft Lauderdale. We're flying in and can have a taxi stop somewhere. Is there a Total Wine and Beverage or similar store to pick some wine up? Has anyone ever ordered their selections ahead of time from a store so you can just run in quick and pick it up? Thanks

Yes, you can preorder from Total Wine on line, and they will have it waiting for you. It is pretty close to the cruiseport, but I would recommend having the taxi take you and wait, rather then embarking and then walking to get some wine there. It's still a pretty good walk, and you don't need that when you want to relax onboard.

Some of the grocery stores also have a passable selection, that you can just breeze in and collect a few bottles and be on your way. Publix comes to mind.

The grocery stores might be $.50 to $1.00 more for the same bottle compared to Total Wine, just depends on the bottle. You definitely are not going to find very many $35 and up bottles at the Publix, though.

I have ordered twice before from them online and then just run in and picked up the order on the way to the ship. They have a great selection and are very helpful. I wish there was a store like that down the street from me!

Just make sure you let the taxi driver know you're stopping by Publix/TW&M before you load your luggage and get in the cab. On our last cruise the driver refused to wait for us at Publix.

Archived