Bar Set-up has been discontinued as of TODAY

cruiserr

Thanks to the helpful tips offered by others on this website, we decided to call today and order Bar Set-up for our Aug 2 Baltic Cruise, only to be told by the customer service representative that this service has been discontinued as of today!!

We asked her why it's been discontinued and she said she hadn't been given a reason. She said that there are plenty of bars on board where we can purchase a drink.....

Apparently you can still bring on bottles of wine and pay a $15 cork fee.

What a disappointing start to our cruise!

Thanks to the helpful tips offered by others on this website, we decided to call today and order Bar Set-up for our Aug 2 Baltic Cruise, only to be told by the customer service representative that this service has been discontinued as of today!!

We asked her why it's been discontinued and she said she hadn't been given a reason. She said that there are plenty of bars on board where we can purchase a drink.....

Apparently you can still bring on bottles of wine and pay a $15 cork fee.

What a disappointing start to our cruise!

Bar Set-ups CAN NOT be ordered by phone. I'm not surprised you got this response for the CS rep.

Bar set-up can only be ordered by emailing the group coordinator on the ship.

Until someone receives an email reply from a group coordinator confirming this rumor then I don't think we should get too carried away.

i would verify this with the ships coordinator before you take this customer service rep at 100 per cent -- i can not count the times where it has been reported that NCl customer service reps have been wrong--you really need to speak with the ships event coordinator.

Big green

i would verify this with the ships coordinator before you take this customer service rep at 100 per cent -- i can not count the times where it has been reported that NCl customer service reps have been wrong--you really need to speak with the ships event coordinator.

Big green

Yeah....what he said. Wait...What said I too......

Most often when someone calls NCL The CS Rep. doesn't know about the bar stet-up and will say that it is not available. This is a classic response.

After seeing this post, I sent emails to both the event coordinator and my PCC.

Still waiting to hear back from the event coordinator, but the PCC responded and confirmed that the bar set up option has been discontinued. :(

I'll update when I hear back from the event coordinator.

I agree about the NCL reps....most are clueless. I did call last night and odered a bottle of Rum. She took my credit card number and said we were all set so we'll see. Sue

Sue, make sure you get a confirmation of that. I've heard where bar setups were purchased and not delivered. If you don't get a receipt from NCL, then print off your credit card statement. We've never had a problem. But, I've read where others have.

Yeah....what he said. Wait...What said I too......

Most often when someone calls NCL The CS Rep. doesn't know about the bar stet-up and will say that it is not available. This is a classic response.

So true, but this version (that it has been discontinued) seems new. I hope it's not true, we only just started to this on our most recent cruise!! :(

It's not like they are losing a tons of money on doing this. The cost is at a premium and most people still buy drinks from the bar. It's just that sometimes it's just nice to pour yourself a cocktail and sit on the balcony and watch the world go by for a while before dinner or the show.

I 'd like to bet the farm that it is just an error on the CS rep's part......(Please be an innocent mistake:()

It would truely suckaroni if it was true:(:(

Bar Set-ups CAN NOT be ordered by phone. I'm not surprised you got this response for the CS rep.

Bar set-up can only be ordered by emailing the group coordinator on the ship.

Until someone receives an email reply from a group coordinator confirming this rumor then I don't think we should get too carried away.

I ordered a bar set up by phone on the 7th July with no problem........:confused: I also rec'd an email confirming the order. ;)

Archived