Bar Set-up has been discontinued as of TODAY

cruiserr

Any chance this rumor is being spread by Rum Runners??

LOL.. that is so true..

What I found funny about this posting is some poor customer service rep did not know the answer to the OP's inquiry, didn't want to ask their supervisor, now look at the stir it is causing at NCL by all the emails being sent.. LOL. It really is a shame that NCL has such horrible landbased customer service. It is such an easy thing to fix. I don't understand why the CEO or someone does not step in and get this corrected. I LOVE NCL. Anyone who has read my postings knows that's true. And I'm not saying that the NCL land based customer service reps are not very nice people, etc. To be honest I don't know as I have only really ever delt with CAS. But the amount of incorrect knowledge they give out is astounding to me.

Yesterday, I ordered a bar-set up via email for our 8/9/09 Majesty cruise to Bermuda. Last evening I received the following email response: Please be advised as of today all Bar Set Up requests for the cabins have been discontinued on all NCL ships". :(

Yesterday, I ordered a bar-set up via email for our 8/9/09 Majesty cruise to Bermuda. Last evening I received the following email response: Please be advised as of today all Bar Set Up requests for the cabins have been discontinued on all NCL ships". :(

That is crazy that they would do this.

NCL...are you reading this?........Say it isn't so!

We are booked for next week, and gladly we have our barset up. We did it last year and did it again this year! It is a great feature.

It seems that they tried to keep it on the downlow and now have cut it out! We know we can get drinks at the bar...but this was convient and economical!

First time posting, so not sure if I am doing it correctly.

Leaving on the Majesty from Baltimore on August 16, and ordered bar setup yesterday morning via e-mail to groupeventmajesty.com. I received my confirmation and payment receipt via e-mail this morning.

Who did you order from? How 'bout posting the actual response from NCL.

Not saying you're not truthful but....:rolleyes:

PE

After seeing this post, I sent emails to both the event coordinator and my PCC.

Still waiting to hear back from the event coordinator, but the PCC responded and confirmed that the bar set up option has been discontinued. :(

I'll update when I hear back from the event coordinator.

Just to update...

I heard back from the event coordinator this morning. She confirmed that the bar setups were, in fact, discontinued. :confused:

Edge - My first e-mail was from Deidre Martin-Ash. She said I could either call her at 800-327-9020 x7791 or e-mail her my bar set up request. I chose to e-mail her.

I'm making an attempt to attach the receipt/confirmation.

What you have received is a group ammenity provided through your TA. This would be fulfilling a prior commitment by NCL.

I believe if you try ordering a bar setup directly from NCL, you will not be successful.

Just received an email answer from the group event co-ordinator that they are no longer offering the bar set up.

Good morning Reba,

Unfortunately, bar set-ups have been discontinued. This service will no longer be offered on any of our ships.

Thanks,

Jennifer Hoadley/Group Event Coordinator, Norwegian Star

groupeventstar@ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive Miami, FL 33126

Who do we mail or email to let them know that they have a lot of unhappy customers.

Edge

If you look at the last two pages of my attachment, it confirms payment for the bar setup, which I set up and and paid for directly through NCL. I did not even contact my travel agency for this. I checked my bank account this morning and the payment was deducted by NCL.

I guess I really lucked out - the first page of my attachment shows $25 per person OBC credit from NCL.

I called my travel agent this morning and she confirmed that NCL gave me the additional OBC credit when I ordered and paid for the bar set up.

I guess I managed to get the bar set up prior to today when they decided to no longer offer it.

This is true, the bar set up HAS been discontinued effective today. this was confirmed by a very attentive and knowledgeble rep from NCL that i have been corrdinating arranegments with. they must have had very good reason to have done this, as it was a definite cash cow for them.

Okay, I just sent an email to my TA. I had planned on ordering a setup and having bar drinks. If NCL has discontinued the bar setup, this could really mess with my budget or we will just drink whats available at the buffet.

They could have at least given advance notice instead of just stopping it.

Edge

If you look at the last two pages of my attachment, it confirms payment for the bar setup, which I set up and and paid for directly through NCL. I did not even contact my travel agency for this. I checked my bank account this morning and the payment was deducted by NCL.

I guess I really lucked out - the first page of my attachment shows $25 per person OBC credit from NCL.

I called my travel agent this morning and she confirmed that NCL gave me the additional OBC credit when I ordered and paid for the bar set up.

I guess I managed to get the bar set up prior to today when they decided to no longer offer it.

Sorry Chris, but I'm not seeing that...

Your attachement is amenity confirmations...which are for group bookings (mostly through TAs).

Everthing was ordered by Direct Line Cruises...as stated in your attachments.

I also believe your TA mislead you on the OBCs...the date on the OBCs is May 13th. . .So those could not have been connected to the Liquor Amenity.

Consider yourself lucky...you'll probably be one of the last to enjoy a bar setup.

Have a great cruise.

I wonder why bar set up was discontinued? I noticed also on the bon voyage gifts list only wine list is included now.

Good question. I wonder how people coming on here and bragging that they mix drinks in their cabin and then carry them all over the ship & pool may have affected their decision.:eek::confused:

p.s. Chris M., maybe not a good idea to leave all your personal info up, names, reservation #, etc. You can ask the mods to remove it.;)

That said, have a great cruise and enjoy your setup!:D

Archived