Bar Set-up has been discontinued as of TODAY

cruiserr

I have missed this board for a few days . Since 11-06 we have cruised NCL 7 times ,the last 3 in AB Suites. On each cruise we purchased a wine & bar set-up for in -room enjoyment. We have 3 more cruises booked in AB Suites. If the policy had not changed back to allowing bar set-ups , I would, in all likleyhood have cancelled and booked on a different line. While to some, this policy change might not have been a deal breaker, to me it is. We enjoy adult beverages in our cabin & balcony. Thanks CC members and thanks to NCL for listening. I am staying with NCL.

Honestly, I think there are a lot of people who would agree with you.

Recieved an email this morning from Andy Stuart thanking me for my email and quoting the post here on CC from NCL telling us that the Bar Set up were again available for booking. So if anyone had any doubts that posting was actually done by someone at NCL so they are members of this board. He also apologized for any inconvience. Thank you NCL and Andy Stuart!

Recieved an email this morning from Andy Stuart thanking me for my email and quoting the post here on CC from NCL telling us that the Bar Set up were again available for booking. So if anyone had any doubts that posting was actually done by someone at NCL so they are members of this board. He also apologized for any inconvience. Thank you NCL and Andy Stuart!

Personally I've found NCL to be great about responding. When I had a complaint last year, I emailed Colin one afternoon and got a phone call from Andy the next morning. This responsivenesss has gone a long way toward my decision to take another 14 day cruise in November.

As a user of the bar set up on every NCL cruise I am happy they reversed their management decision. What is troublesome is the fact that it took a grass roots email campaign to address this. If this is an example of how NCL makes decisions that effect their passengers they need to closely look at their procedure for implementing these type of decisions-- it is obvious from the comments of some of the top executives that they did not know about this change-- The VP head of Hotel Services should have known of this change and what the projected customer reaction would have been. Emails to Mr. Sheehan that are being intercepted by lower level people who make calls without Mr. Sheehan's individual comments and speak for him in error should not be encouraged or tolerated.

Big Green

I also received an email from Andy with the same message. This was in response to the email that I sent to the entire leadership team.

I also received a phone call this weekend and another email message from the group event coordinator for the GEM.

The group event coordinator said let them know what I would like to order.

Very interesting reading this thread and great job done by those who contacted NCL to voice your opinion.:)

Being new to cruising (1st cruise on Gem Aug 23rd 2009) I don't understand some alcohol policies:

Bar set-up

What is it and how do you organize this? I think I read on a post somewhere that this could only be done before you start the cruise.

Wine purchases

what is the policy about buying a bottle of wine at dinner and bringing the remainder to your suite?

Room service

in lieu of the two above, can you also order alcoholic drinks to your room via room service?

Very interesting reading this thread and great job done by those who contacted NCL to voice your opinion.:)

Being new to cruising (1st cruise on Gem Aug 23rd 2009) I don't understand some alcohol policies:

Bar set-up

What is it and how do you organize this? I think I read on a post somewhere that this could only be done before you start the cruise.

Wine purchases

what is the policy about buying a bottle of wine at dinner and bringing the remainder to your suite?

Room service

in lieu of the two above, can you also order alcoholic drinks to your room via room service?

The bar setup is pre-ordered (and paid for) liquor in your cabin. Email your ship's coordinator: GroupEventGem@ncl.com at least 2 weeks prior to sailing. You can do a search here for the liquor list and prices. The deal is that it's better than ordering per drink. And, it's nice to have a drink or two while getting ready for dinner, or out on the balcony after dinner without running around the ship to get one.

Yes, you can order a drink (or more) from room service. But, keep in mind that the room service attendants are not part of the $12 per person, per day tips (service charge). So, $1 - $2 per order is customary for a tip.

You can order a bottle of wine at dinner and bring it back to your cabin, no problem.

The bar setup is pre-ordered (and paid for) liquor in your cabin. Email your ship's coordinator: GroupEventGem@ncl.com at least 2 weeks prior to sailing. You can do a search here for the liquor list and prices. The deal is that it's better than ordering per drink. And, it's nice to have a drink or two while getting ready for dinner, or out on the balcony after dinner without running around the ship to get one.

Yes, you can order a drink (or more) from room service. But, keep in mind that the room service attendants are not part of the $12 per person, per day tips (service charge). So, $1 - $2 per order is customary for a tip.

You can order a bottle of wine at dinner and bring it back to your cabin, no problem.

thank you very much!!

Since all bar drinks have a tip already added, do you suggest an additional tip just because it is room service?

PE

Since all bar drinks have a tip already added' date=' do you suggest an additional tip just because it is room service?

PE[/quote']

I do because the 15% gratuity goes to the bar tender, not to the person bringing your drink. At least that is what I have been told.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the work CC put in on changing NCL's opinion on this matter.

On 7/28 I ordered a bar set-up for my 8/23/09 Sun cruise not knowing how much hard work you kind folks had put into allowing me the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing adult beverage on the privacy of my balcony.

Much thanks. I'll hoist a CR Reserve in your honor as soon as I get the bottle open! My DW and my first cruise was about to start out with on a sour note if not for your hard work.

Thanks again.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the work CC put in on changing NCL's opinion on this matter.

On 7/28 I ordered a bar set-up for my 8/23/09 Sun cruise not knowing how much hard work you kind folks had put into allowing me the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing adult beverage on the privacy of my balcony.

Much thanks. I'll hoist a CR Reserve in your honor as soon as I get the bottle open! My DW and my first cruise was about to start out with on a sour note if not for your hard work.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. LOL

Bon Voyage and Cheers!!! We're also booked for a Sun cruise. Can't wait... Stern Balcony!!

Archived