Bar Set-up has been discontinued as of TODAY

cruiserr

It is true. As of 7/17/09, bar set ups are no longer available on any NCL ship.

Wish the news was better for you........

It is done for now. Keep those cards and letters going to NCL. Closing out the last of the open orders by 2 pm today and they are done.

This can change as well. Remember when they tryed to pull the free liquour perks for AA and GV passengers. I think that lasted about 2 weeks.

I'm FINALLY glad to see something taken away NOT being applauded on this board.

Chip

Well I'm glad to see it. Now we'll get to see who all these drunks are hiding in their cabins when they have to come to the bar to drink! ;)

Good question. I wonder how people coming on here and bragging that they mix drinks in their cabin and then carry them all over the ship & pool may have affected their decision.:eek::confused:

p.s. Chris M.' date=' maybe not a good idea to leave all your personal info up, names, reservation #, etc. You can ask the mods to remove it.;)

That said, have a great cruise and enjoy your setup!:D[/quote']

Where were the rules posted that said you couldn't make a drink in your cabin and take it out? They don't ask you to do that with the wine you bring.. just wondering where you saw the rules unless you're just assuming.

My apologies to those that I doubted.

I just received an email Yulexi Perez' date=' the Dawn Group Coordinator, that indeed the Bar Setup program has been suspended.

Time to send off a few emails of disappointment.

PE[/quote']

Where do we send them? I just tried to send one to GroupEventsPlannerGem@NCL.com and it bounced back. Is the email address case sensitive?

thx

I just booked an paid my deposit yesterday for Majesty out of Philly on October 17. This'll be DW and my first cruise. I have been to mostly all inclusives before thhis and it was mostly because of the alcohol policy on the boats. I thought I found a compromise with the bar setup. If I knew they were going to cancel this option I probably would have gone to another all inclusive. I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks on alcohol at the bar.

I refuse to sneak alcohol on board because I understand that it's a business and it's wrong. I guess I'll also just have to go the wine route and drink the buckets of beer.

Where do we send them? I just tried to send one to GroupEventsPlannerGem@NCL.com and it bounced back. Is the email address case sensitive?

thx

The address is GroupEventGem@ncl.com ... note that there is no "s" after "event". For other ships, just substitute the name of the ship for the word "Gem"

Emails should also go to NCL brass in Miami. I have their individual emails, but I'm not sure if we are allowed to post them on this forum.

Maybe the best bet is to send complaints via snail mail.

The email I have which works is:

ksheehan@#ncl.com

Send an email with you disgust for this change.

BG

Okay, sent an email to groupeventgem@ncl.com and it went thru.

I will send one to the address above as well as a written letter.

Do you have names and addresses for any one else that might need to hear our concerns?

thx

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida USA 33126

Phone # (305) 436-4000

Kevin Sheehan - CEO

Hope this helps and good luck ;)

~~Debbie~~

thanks, but i have his cellphone. :eek:

............ok. i really don't. :D

Zone..... That's too funny :D. I bet a lot of us wish we did have it. I too am not very happy about this. I was going to order it for our Oct cruise so we can enjoy cocktails in our cabin instead of running up our tab on WATERED down drinks :eek:

~~Debbie~~

thanks, but i have his cellphone. :eek:

............ok. i really don't. :D

LOL!! Yes.. me too.. In fact, I think I'm going to call his car right now! :D

Hopefully with our messages of utmost disgust, they will reconsider and throw us dogs a freegin' bone here..

To those who've ordered already, if that order has been canceled, you will get your money back. A bar setup was paid for at time of order, not when you get on the ship.

But the way I look at it, I'm really only spending $54 more per liter if that liter is $103 and the ship charges me an average of $7/drink.

So will just have to budget accordingly.. oh and sneak on as much booze as one possibly can. :p Just kidding... ;)

Who knows.. maybe they're going to cut drink prices now.. That'd be nice.

NCL giveth.. NCL taketh away!! Copter

Zone..... That's too funny :D. I bet a lot of us wish we did have it. I too am not very happy about this. I was going to order it for our Oct cruise so we can enjoy cocktails in our cabin instead of running up our tab on WATERED down drinks :eek:

~~Debbie~~

my whole take on the drinking thing onboard is this:

the prices are not really any more (and definitely not less) than what we find on land. the MAIN difference is...we aren't going to our neighborhood bars 7 days in a row from morning until night. (ok i'm sure there are some career barflies). as for watered down...i guess it depends on the drink itself. but anyway...

...you know what i mean.

i'm ok with rum runners.

I'm really bummed to hear about this. We never ordered a bar setup before, but we figured with a toddler, this would be the perfect solution after she was in bed at night. I guess hubby is going to have to run to the bar instead.

This news is very disappointing, we like others have ordered bar set ups but still NCL has made quite good money from us at the bars. It is the convenience of having drinks in room and on the balcony. I know you can order room service but that is just not the same. The Bar Setup was a major influence in choosing NCL, do any other lines have the same? I plan on emaling Sheehan. Hopefully someone from NCL will also be reviewing our comments here.

This news is very disappointing, we like others have ordered bar set ups but still NCL has made quite good money from us at the bars. It is the convenience of having drinks in room and on the balcony. I know you can order room service but that is just not the same. The Bar Setup was a major influence in choosing NCL, do any other lines have the same? I plan on emaling Sheehan. Hopefully someone from NCL will also be reviewing our comments here.

cunard allows you to buy small bottles(pints) of booze for the room at reasonable prices....about $10 a bottle.

I always order a bottle of port. the price has been rising steadily. Do you think they will allow a bottle of port(wine) if I pay the $15.00 fee?

I've read several posts where folks paid a corkage for port wine.

I think NCL was the last to offer bar setups among the mass market CL's. I guess you can BYOB on Disney though.

Archived